Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Enemy HP online...?

For some reason it seems like if 2 or more people hit a enemy they get a mass HP boost? I can usually kill a Baranz online by myself in a single combo but when 2 or 3 people hit it with me its like its HP jumps from 3000 something to 12000? Do online enemies really get a HP boost or is there something here im not seeing?

If I recall, enemies get an HP boost based on the number of players in the party.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

It's called Damage Cancel. When an enemy is taking damage from more than one source, then the damage is nullified. There are several THEORIES as to why this is. I wrote theories in caps to stress that any reason anyone will tell you for it is simply that, a theory. Many believe it was intentionally set in place by ST so that the Experience could be shared more appropriately among the team. Another is that it could be a side effect of the network mechanics of PSO. Might even be both. :P Anyways, one person's damage will always be counted, so the enemy will never become invincible because of it. Also, any interaction with the enemy can cause this, including techs. Zalure and Jellen are no exception.

Of course, Online enemies do have a level/stat boost compared to offline to make everything more challenging. Still though, damage cancel is what you're experiencing.

Oh right, forgot about that. It is a bit of a problem when everyone goes in at once to take something down.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kroniedon View Post
    It's called Damage Cancel. When an enemy is taking damage from more than one source, then the damage is nullified. There are several THEORIES as to why this is. I wrote theories in caps to stress that any reason anyone will tell you for it is simply that, a theory. Many believe it was intentionally set in place by ST so that the Experience could be shared more appropriately among the team. Another is that it could be a side effect of the network mechanics of PSO. Might even be both. :P Anyways, one person's damage will always be counted, so the enemy will never become invincible because of it. Also, any interaction with the enemy can cause this, including techs. Zalure and Jellen are no exception.

Of course, Online enemies do have a level/stat boost compared to offline to make everything more challenging. Still though, damage cancel is what you're experiencing.
    Makes sense, and another theory could be that they do this so the enemies have a chance to kill you, I mean if anyone jumped on a Baranz and all damage went through it will stand no chance, with only one damage source to it from all 4 players it at least has enough time to shoot off one set of missiles.

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

If you are curious about getting into the meat and potatoes of online enemy hp, might I suggest these guides to you...

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...viewtopsection

some sections have a break down of all the enemy stats per level.

Is it just when two players hit at the same time? Or whenever two large amounts of damage is thrown at the target at the same time, or seconds within each other.

Quote Originally Posted by GatheringFox View Post
    Is it just when two players hit at the same time? Or whenever two large amounts of damage is thrown at the target at the same time, or seconds within each other.
    Both. For instance, you could have 2 players or a full party attacking and any hit that hits at the same time will damage cancel. You could also have one player going in for an attack, and a force casting Zalure at the same time. This will also damage cancel. A trap going off + an attack, etc.

Basically, just to put it into a simple symbol:

(Any interaction with enemy + Any interaction with enemy)@ the same time = Damage Cancel.

Both. For instance, you could have 2 players or a full party attacking and any hit that hits at the same time will damage cancel. You could also have one player going in for an attack, and a force casting Zalure at the same time. This will also damage cancel. A trap going off + an attack, etc.

Basically, just to put it into a simple symbol:

(Any interaction with enemy + Any interaction with enemy)@ the same time = Damage Cancel.
    Odd, maybe they have it in place to fix a old bug? Or it is a bug? Maybe it will get fixed soon, who knows.

from what i heard it happens also on splitscreen multiplayer on gamecube so
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget