Default PSO2 Black screen after opening

I've downloaded PSO2 officially, patched it through Aida's tweaker, and ran PSO2 without a hitch, got through the opening. However, I get a black screen after the opening, and I have no idea what's causing it. I ran the file checkup through the tweaker, says everything is fine. However, I tried running the file checkup through the official launcher, and it says there is something missing. Help please!

I'm not sure if it's something "missing", but the file check stops at around 9500 something and begins downloading something.

The file checkup program is basically the same as your tweaker's "Check for missing files", but your tweaker tells me that nothing is missing.

Edit: Ran the checkup again, it starts downloading at file 9842, if this is of any relevant help.
    Last edited by Zyphyx; Jul 15, 2013 at 11:33 AM.

I am getting the same exact problem. And PSO2 was working perfectly for me for about 4 days now. Perhaps something went wrong when I patched it? Also Tweaker doesn't open up PSO2 anymore when I click 'launch pos2', that was my first hint something went wrong. Really hope I dont have to reinstall all the updates and whatnot...

I'll give it a wild guess that you've installed the old eng patch after the ep2 patch update?
    If that's the case, you'll get a black screen and it won't load any further. As mentioned in the other post, just ran the check old/missing files again with the pso2 tweaker and don't install the eng patch till the new one comes out which is very soon as I read it somewhere.

I haven't installed any English patches, due to my desire of playing it straight in Japanese first before attempting any English patching.

I have the same problem when in a mission I want to read "game message"

Having the same issue as OP, worked before EP2, but just black screen now. No english patch, probably just going to do a reformat since I've been wanting to for a while now anyway.