Default Wrasten's set-up

Hi guys, I'm new here.
    I just platted PSNova the month ago and I'm about to start the game with a friend of mine. Both of us will be occasional players so we'll need some easy setup. He is going to take Female Newman Force, but I... don't know what to pick and wanted some tips.

Hunter-> NOPE!
    Ranger-> Most used in Nova
    Force-> Not going to play with this since I'll have a personal healer\caster
    Braver->Intresting... never heard about this one...

I'm the type of player whic costantly uses ranged Attacks, and runs around the area non-stop. Don't want to be a tanker, but I'd like some all-purpose setting which suits my swift-style gameplay.

I'll probably mix Ranger with something...

Now the race

Hu-> Always used, a bit bored
    Cast-> Probably? But won't be playing Female, i don't like it
    Newman-> I guess not
    Deuman-> That would have been my first choice, but I don't know...

So... do the cast\Newman\deuman restore Hp by waiting?

RA is obvious choice in this situation
    weakbullet helps too

about races, they dont have any bonuses, just stats which almost same, only matter if FO cast tbh
    make a cast

GU/RA or RA/GU (basically RA with TMG access) might be well suited for a swift range style. But yeah, if you plan to go RA, Cast is probably your best bet if you want to min-max (for what that's worth in this game).

Just to add to the racial choice: There is maybe a 1-2% difference in stats between the races. Even when comparing opposite ends of the spectrum (like male cast vs. female newman).

Races are basically cosmetic in this game. You'd have to be REAL picky to want that extra 20 attack or 50 HP.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

You're missing a few classes from your list. Don't forget about Fighter, Gunner, Techer, and Bouncer. From your description though, it sounds like you want a Gunner. That's the mobile ranged class.

If the difference is that low then I'll just make a choice based on my esthetic tastes then, I'm not that min-maxer to be honest. And I won't be playing with much dedication to the game as I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    You're missing a few classes from your list. Don't forget about Fighter, Gunner, Techer, and Bouncer. From your description though, it sounds like you want a Gunner. That's the mobile ranged class.
    Ok then, are those classes available from the start or they have requirements to unlock like in PSP1-2?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrasten View Post
    If the difference is that low then I'll just make a choice based on my esthetic tastes then, I'm not that min-maxer to be honest. And I won't be playing with much dedication to the game as I said.

Ok then, are those classes available from the start or they have requirements to unlock like in PSP1-2?
    All classes are unlocked from the start, except you can't select Gunner, Fighter, or Techer until you finish/skip the tutorial/prologue (at least from the last time I made a character).
    Last edited by Anduril; Jun 20, 2015 at 01:30 PM.

iirc they removed any prerequisite/requirement
    about stats, for regular play difference is negligible yes , but for min-maxing its not
    its more than changing power3 to power5 on all equipment which cost millions