Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Braver/Force

Quote Originally Posted by Ryock View Post
    Decent looking build. If you're going to be a Braver/Force though, I would recommend that you get Average S Charge simply because it affects techs. You might as well forget the bow completely and just forget any and all skill points associated with it. Anything your bow would do, your magic is instead going to do. I would suggest you get rid of the cover skill for just reversal as well due to the fact that you have resta as well.

As for the mag, I think a decent and healthy amount of dex is appropriate in general for Bravers. The Braver mag ability affects your base stats which is really neat, so you could actually make up for that lack of s-atk on your mag. I personally think getting enough tech on your mag to help you equip an umbra stick is all you need. Then the rest should probably go into dex and s-atk.
    Would my mag states be something like this?

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...4SdnwksXI20000

Wow so Average S Charge effects techs that's great to hear.
    and what units are going to be good for a build like this?
    Last edited by Sgt. Sharina Wize; Jul 19, 2013 at 07:08 AM.
    [Ship 9] Sharina Wize - Human (F) Main Hero GU/HU/RA/SU/HR Level 90/80/90/80
    [Ship 9] Cyrus Wize - Deuman (M) BR/HU/BO/FO/PH Level 90/90/90/90
    [Ship 9] Isarnia Ishtar - CAST (F) FI/HU/FO Level 90/80/75
    "Life is like a book. many pages many paper cuts."

Quote Originally Posted by BlankM View Post
    http://www.pso2luna.com/episode-2-july-17-update/

There is a line in here in particular that piques my interest:

"For Techniques, damage increase is applied to enemy elemental weaknesses, not weak spots."

Can anyone confirm this? That would be more then brave stance wouldn't it?
    It's good of you to mention it! I did a little peek, and japanese wiki confirms it.
    Weakstance affects elemental weakness instead of weakpoints on techs only!
    法撃ダメージのみ扱いが異なり、命中部位とは関係なく弱点属性の攻撃であれば威力が増加し、それ以外の属性 では威力が減少する。

I now have a reason to go Force/Braver.

Braver /force is still comparatively weak as a melee character.Techer/Braver is a possibility.

Edit:
    Braver/Techer katana user with a wind build combined with zanverse ? Might work. Might not be as gimp as we think. But the effects of zanverse plays off tech damage of the equipped weapon I think.
    Last edited by holmwood; Jul 19, 2013 at 10:36 AM.

Does weak stance charge affect techs?
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)

Quote Originally Posted by holmwood View Post
    It's good of you to mention it! I did a little peek, and japanese wiki confirms it.
    Weakstance affects elemental weakness instead of weakpoints on techs only!
    法撃ダメージのみ扱いが異なり、命中部位とは関係なく弱点属性の攻撃であれば威力が増加し、それ以外の属性 では威力が減少する。

I now have a reason to go Force/Braver.

Braver /force is still comparatively weak as a melee character.Techer/Braver is a possibility.

Edit:
    Braver/Techer katana user with a wind build combined with zanverse ? Might work. Might not be as gimp as we think. But the effects of zanverse plays off tech damage of the equipped weapon I think.
    I'm wondering about this too. Zanverse might be what melee/tech classes needed. You can even skip the zondeel step, and use gravity arrow instead since it applies damage in addition to vacuuming, albeit with a delay.

Gravity arrow -> zanverse -> zan might be hysterically strong.

Alisha said wind techs get a full 100% bonus hit from zanverse - can someone test wind element weapon damages? If the same is true for wind weapons...oh man. It might double the element bonus damage, or it might double the entire hit, anything's possible at this point.

i'm also going BRA/FO

my intention is to have a full dex mag on this one. to both S and R atk are boosted equaly, also not to make braver bound to force, in case it dosent work out.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...dnIbIAbnib0006

currently how my char is.
    Last edited by Gama; Jul 19, 2013 at 02:30 PM.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I'm wondering about this too. Zanverse might be what melee/tech classes needed. You can even skip the zondeel step, and use gravity arrow instead since it applies damage in addition to vacuuming, albeit with a delay.

Gravity arrow -> zanverse -> zan might be hysterically strong.

Alisha said wind techs get a full 100% bonus hit from zanverse - can someone test wind element weapon damages? If the same is true for wind weapons...oh man. It might double the element bonus damage, or it might double the entire hit, anything's possible at this point.
    I got zanverse last night. I'm hoping it'll get better at later levels, as mine is only 7 atm, but what I'm seeing so far is a little disappointing. It seems a small wind attack accompanies every single attack you make, not every hit you make. On another note, zanverse's extra damage does seem to be based on the caster's tech, so it does definitely help the melee/magic builds. I tested it with both wind techs and wind weapons. It does not appear to make wind weapons hit any harder or any more times, sadly. Wind techs on the other hand get a significant boost in damage. I didn't test it on a rod or talis weapon, but when I had my double saber equipped, it brought my original 147 damage with razan, to a nice 248. If we assume it's % based, that's a significant increase in damage, and could work really nice with gizan/zanverse/sazan.

EDIT: On that note though... since it is based on attacks, and not hits, it could make using Braver/Force with a katana really nice with zanverse, just because of the ludicrous attack speed of the katana and its PAs.

Quote Originally Posted by BlankM View Post
    Does weak stance charge affect techs?
    Average Stance Charge does, I would assume the Weak Stance version does as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Sharina Wize View Post
    Would my mag states be something like this?

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...4SdnwksXI20000

Wow so Average S Charge effects techs that's great to hear.
    and what units are going to be good for a build like this?
    I think as far as units go, you're definitely going to want Ability III on all your units. That much is a given. I know there are some neat souls and other abilities coming out too that give a great deal of more stats in multiple categories, so you might wanna get those when they come out. As for myself, I main a hybrid Fighter/Force, and what I've been doing(Mind you, I went 46 as a Braver, so this build has been working just as well for Braver), is building your units all around s-atk, and nothing else. If you CAN get tech 3 or ability 3, that would be really nice, but s-atk > tech. Your tech will be plenty high enough with just an Umbra stick, that you'll have a respectable 1500 tech+ without shifta, drinks, etc.

Yes, very close to that for your mag. My mag has 25 s-atk, 80 tech, and 70 ability(dex). So that's very much on the right track for mag stats imo. I wish I had the final stat amounts for a male dewman, so I could give you a better opinion. But that should do quite nicely actually. Your tech attack and melee attack should both be rather respectable with that.
    Last edited by Ryock; Jul 19, 2013 at 03:23 PM.
    PSO2 char
    ゆかり・ルルキア - Fighter/Force Newman(F)
    ライアク - Force/Techer Newman(M)
    RAH-犀 - Hunter/??? Cast(M)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryock View Post
    I got zanverse last night. I'm hoping it'll get better at later levels, as mine is only 7 atm, but what I'm seeing so far is a little disappointing. It seems a small wind attack accompanies every single attack you make, not every hit you make. On another note, zanverse's extra damage does seem to be based on the caster's tech, so it does definitely help the melee/magic builds. I tested it with both wind techs and wind weapons. It does not appear to make wind weapons hit any harder or any more times, sadly. Wind techs on the other hand get a significant boost in damage. I didn't test it on a rod or talis weapon, but when I had my double saber equipped, it brought my original 147 damage with razan, to a nice 248. If we assume it's % based, that's a significant increase in damage, and could work really nice with gizan/zanverse/sazan.

EDIT: On that note though... since it is based on attacks, and not hits, it could make using Braver/Force with a katana really nice with zanverse, just because of the ludicrous attack speed of the katana and its PAs.

Average Stance Charge does, I would assume the Weak Stance version does as well.

I think as far as units go, you're definitely going to want Ability III on all your units. That much is a given. I know there are some neat souls and other abilities coming out too that give a great deal of more stats in multiple categories, so you might wanna get those when they come out. As for myself, I main a hybrid Fighter/Force, and what I've been doing(Mind you, I went 46 as a Braver, so this build has been working just as well for Braver), is building your units all around s-atk, and nothing else. If you CAN get tech 3 or ability 3, that would be really nice, but s-atk > tech. Your tech will be plenty high enough with just an Umbra stick, that you'll have a respectable 1500 tech+ without shifta, drinks, etc.

Yes, very close to that for your mag. My mag has 25 s-atk, 80 tech, and 70 ability(dex). So that's very much on the right track for mag stats imo. I wish I had the final stat amounts for a male dewman, so I could give you a better opinion. But that should do quite nicely actually. Your tech attack and melee attack should both be rather respectable with that.
    Thank you so much this will help me get started on my male dewman, if anyone else has anything they want to add please do.

I'm really interested in this as well, although I'm not sure if going Braver/Force or Force/Braver. I'm a hybrid freak, and the idea of using rods, bows and katanas is just too good to let it pass (although I don't like katanas as weapons, but I hope they release some good-looking ones that don't look classical, seriously, that horse has been beaten to death already in most games).

Since I'd be levelling Braver I'm going to start with BR/FO, but my previous time attemping a HU/FO got me with the impression that FO/HU was morebalanced (specially having those all-class HU weapons much more accesible and powerful than the FO counterparts).

Damage-wise, which one seems stronger? Any old FO/HU there to compare? I'm nust curious if I'm going to end trading more damage for more versatility. I really like my current class but I wanna try bows too.

Does anyone know when Gardios is going to update the skilltree Skill Simulator with information on the Dewman states because I really need to know how much tech I'm going to need on my mag and other things.
    Last edited by Sgt. Sharina Wize; Jul 20, 2013 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    (although I don't like katanas as weapons, but I hope they release some good-looking ones that don't look classical, seriously, that horse has been beaten to death already in most games).
    If it's any consolation several of the "katanas" are straight swords. The uncommon 4-6* ones are a sword/shield combo (<3) and a rapier...

Anyway, on topic. While I don't really have any interest in Braver/Force, I am planning on trying Braver/techer. With Zanverse out, that's another support tech for Territory Burst to be used with. Subbing a tech using class tends to not lend it's self well to actually using techs offensively so I'm glad they're adding more techs that do things besides damage, or that aren't based on your T-atk.