Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Braver/Force

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Subbing a tech using class tends to not lend it's self well to actually using techs offensively so I'm glad they're adding more techs that do things besides damage, or that aren't based on your T-atk.
    That takes half the fun on being a hybrid. Precisely for that I went as FO/HU previously, because I felt that my tech damage was decent, while melee damage was good enough plus all the versatility that melee tends to have over techs (step attack, guard, knocks, etc).

I have the feeling that I'll end the same way with Braver.

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    That takes half the fun on being a hybrid. Precisely for that I went as FO/HU previously, because I felt that my tech damage was decent, while melee damage was good enough plus all the versatility that melee tends to have over techs (step attack, guard, knocks, etc).

I have the feeling that I'll end the same way with Braver.
    It think it comes down to preference really. I do enjoy having techs to throw around, but I like having both classes boost each other, if only slightly, rather than feeling like I'm switching between two distinct classes.

i like having techs to support, gravity pulls and trows, megiverse to survive while atacking cray style"i still die but its fun cuz it also helps other people out"

resta is a life saver.... not to mention anti for anoying poison stuff, and i like to heal all them peeps.

i dont know, im going to try to make it work, any advice would be welcome.

would Bra/te be more effective?
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

I forgot to add this in the first post but you can also post your builds here as will, any and all help is greatly appreciated everyone.
    [Ship 9] Sharina Wize - Human (F) Main Hero GU/HU/RA/SU/HR Level 90/80/90/80
    [Ship 9] Cyrus Wize - Deuman (M) BR/HU/BO/FO/PH Level 90/90/90/90
    [Ship 9] Isarnia Ishtar - CAST (F) FI/HU/FO Level 90/80/75
    "Life is like a book. many pages many paper cuts."

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    i like having techs to support, gravity pulls and trows, megiverse to survive while atacking cray style"i still die but its fun cuz it also helps other people out"

resta is a life saver.... not to mention anti for anoying poison stuff, and i like to heal all them peeps.

i dont know, im going to try to make it work, any advice would be welcome.

would Bra/te be more effective?
    Braver/Techer would work, but your spells are useless for offense now. What makes Force nice for subbing is that it does very well on its own and offers all the offense you need to make techs valuable. If you do go techer, just pretend your offensive spells don't exist, and go straight for things like zondeel, zanverse, territory boost, etc. Techer would be there to merely be a way to support you and your allies while providing no tech damage. It just depends on what you want to do more, so ask yourself this question:

Do I want to be a Cleric or Paladin of sorts, using melee and support? Or do I want to be a Battle mage of sorts, using my magic offensively to compliment my melee.
    PSO2 char
    ゆかり・ルルキア - Fighter/Force Newman(F)
    ライアク - Force/Techer Newman(M)
    RAH-犀 - Hunter/??? Cast(M)

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    It think it comes down to preference really. I do enjoy having techs to throw around, but I like having both classes boost each other, if only slightly, rather than feeling like I'm switching between two distinct classes.
    I hear you, but unfortunately, strictly speaking this game doesn't allow for too much hybridation. A FO/FI, for example, is not what I would call a "hybrid", it's just a FO with a different flavor of self-buffs. What I like to play, a FO/HU isn't that much of a hybrid either, because I'm just switching classes on the fly, so to speak, everytime I switch between rod and sword.

A Techer for example looks more like what I believe a hybrid should be, but the wand gets a bit short on the mechanics, as if the developers were afraid of giving it too much juice. Using melee plus supportive techs is also another form of hybridation, but honestly, that's not too far from the first example, it's just another flavor of the "classic" build.

A HU/FO-TE with a Coat Edge slashin' and throwing spells mid-combo would be pretty "hybrid" for me if they had elaborated in that matter, but again they just gave us the bare minimun. It would have been awesome, for example, that the TE skilltree was half support, as it is, and the other half, instead of a cheap ripoff of the FO skilltree with the other three elements, went further ahead in the concept of Wand Gear. Skills that auto-trigger techs after melee attacks. Genuine wand PAs that can be chained with techs and that have synergy with them so they create real melee/tech combos. Passive skills and/or self-buffs that convert some TATK into SATK and viceversa, somehow, under some circunstances. And that worked fine subbing another melee class for extra hybrid

But what they do is what they did with Braver. Braver got bow and katana, but you can't really have a Braver who uses both without making sacrifices. Which, by the way, seem utterly lame to me, considering that PSU, with all its faults, at least allowed us to have a shitton of "main" weapons without needing to sacrifice our characters to fully use them. I'm really getting tired of having a single weapon bound to my character like in pretty much 99.99999999% of other role playing games.

One example I like from Ragnarok Online is the Sage class. You can make a melee build with it and you still have skills that let you auto-trigger magic when you're hitting the enemy. Not only that, but doing so makes the spells go without cast time (something almost impossible to get rid of) for the prize of going to your enemy's ass and kick it personally. Not the best build but surely one of the most enjoyable I've tried in that game.

In any case, I wanna try Braver because I have hope for the "katana" after seeing that some of them (including free class ones) don't look like your typical Heian bullshit ripoff. I kinda like the sword & shield vibe that some of them have, actually. And I suppose that the stances affect tech damage better than HU ones, so I might be able to make a more synergic hybrid than with HU.
    Last edited by Darki; Jul 21, 2013 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Sharina Wize View Post
    Let's make this happen.

1. Mag States.
    2. What units should I have and what Abilities should I have on them?
    3. Pa palette setup.
    4. Skill Tree
    5. Normal male size please.

[/URL]

Edit: This is for my male Dewman.
    and you can also post your builds here too.
    Can't answer much:

1. You may want to drop Dex or R-ATK for T-ATK, going all 3-ATKs and Dex isn't a good idea.
    3. Keep your stances, shifta, deband, resta on at all times. Rest is your choice. Zondeel?

Since I'm running Br/Hu not Br/FO or TE but I will suggest that you invest into both average and weak stance full 10sp, max out UP on both, get Charge UP for both, leaving 7 points for katana combat.

For TE or FO (TE is the better option)
    TE-Get PP convert, territory burst for zondeel for katana combat finish combo, elemental weak hit for those weak spots with weak stance, 1sp into deband cut and rest is your call.
    FO-Get PP charge, go into zonde line for zondeel.

IMO, Bravers are already great at dealing AOE damage. Katana combat finisher and Kanran-kikyou are already more than enough to kill most mobs. It's better off to have HU or FI as sub IMO for more damage bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    It's better off to have HU or FI as sub IMO for more damage bonus.
    That's not the point of this thread, I presume.

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    That's not the point of this thread, I presume.
    Was just pointing it out with the fact the OP wants to go BR main with Fo or TE sub rather than the reverse way and that Hu or FI subs are better off in this situation. If it was Braver sub, then yes Fo or Te would benefit much more rather than the other way around.

You seem to know very little of what people seeking hybrid builds usually intend to do with them. Do you really think that nobody here knows what you're saying? The point of a hybrid build is not to make the most beneficial combination, but something more versatile (and usually for the user, more fun than a specialized build), if that was the point then everybody here would be BR/HU and this thread wouldn't exist...
    Last edited by Darki; Jul 21, 2013 at 02:26 AM.