Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Pure bow braver Qs

Hey guys, I'm wondering if I pick up Hu as subclass I could use the stances from the Hu while still using average stance? In addition, if is it allowed that I use both average stance and weak stance at the same time? Also if you guys could givmme some opinions regarding maxing the rapid shot and related skills?

Also which of penetrating shot or master shot is better? assume both at lv.15.
    Last edited by DeliciousPaigu; Jul 22, 2013 at 03:37 PM.

Stances from different classes can stack, but stances from the same class cancel the other out. You can only have Average or Weak Stance active. For pure bow, I wouldn't bother with average stance. You want to be hitting weak points. 33 skill points is a lot to spend on a tree you don't want to be using. Avoid leveling up the critical skill past 3 for weak charge.

Rapid Shoot is good if only for the PP regen. It'll triple your normal attack pp regen for about 1 minute. The mastery skill also gives you a 15% damage bonus for the duration. Only put one point into rapid shoot up, at least until you get all your multipliers out of the way.

Master Shoot is the better boss-killer and weak point sniper (Br/Hu also has Kamikaze arrow for this). Penetration arrow is mainly a mobbing tool... and it's kind of slow at it.

Quote Originally Posted by GALEFORCE View Post
    For pure bow, I wouldn't bother with average stance. You want to be hitting weak points.
    Breakables and mobbing.

Do headshots on regular mobs count as a weak point?
    Regular mobs shouldn't be taking so long to kill that you'd have to put all those skill points into Average Stance though.

1. Yes, you can use one stance from each class together.
    2. You cannot use both average and weak stance at the same time since they are from the same class.
    3. Only go for maxing rapid shoot, mastery, and up if you really main the bow. Should you use the katana, don't bother maxing them. I only bother using the skill for bosses or during a very long code/burst.
    4. Master Shoot is better for one target with high hp, like a boss. Penetrate Arrow is better for taking out multiple enemies.

Personally, I recommend Ra sub for a Braver bow main. Killing Bonus will help with PP regeneration a lot and getting used to standing still for certain situations with Standing Snipe will allow you to outdamage a Hu sub that uses the bow. I suppose the consistent damage from a Hu sub is nice, though.

Also, skip out on Average Stance for using the bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Narrillnezzurh View Post
    Breakables and mobbing.
    If you're a Br/Hu, you already have 200% in unconditional multipliers coming from your subclass. It does feel a bit painful as a Br/Ra though.

As for mobs, most of them can be cleaned up quickly enough, even as a Br/Ra, albeit with gunslash.. Bow's mobbing feels really lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan-san View Post
    Regular mobs shouldn't be taking so long to kill that you'd have to put all those skill points into Average Stance though.
    They do, but you definitely won't be getting headshots all the time on mobs. And bosses don't take so long to kill either, so why bother with any stances at all xP

Quote Originally Posted by GALEFORCE View Post
    If you're a Br/Hu, you already have 200% in unconditional multipliers coming from your subclass. It does feel a bit painful as a Br/Ra though.
    The difference between Average and Weak stance is only 20%, but Average stance is active all the time and doesn't hurt your damage on non-weak points.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan-san View Post
    They do! Just jump over they head after charging your shoot. Pretty effective against dragonkin and Lilipan machines(namely SpardanA and Sparguns).

Gilnas and Gilnachis have a very small weakspot (when not showing the core in the case of gilnas) right in the eye (or camera lens, depending on your take). It can only be reached through FPS.

I have another Braver Bow pure question:

Who decided Braver unlocks Fighter at Lv 30?
    Psp2's Last Order, Lv 127 Female Beast. Hu-24 Ra-14 Fo-1 Va-8
    ~☆Cho Hee 80% Dus Skadd || Cho Hee 80% Dus Skadd☆~
    ~☆Mugunburga 27% Dus Skadd || Clarita Visas II 21% Emopw. Healing || Mugunburga 25% Dus Skadd☆~
    ~☆ABILITIES☆Burst Bomber☆EVA Boost☆Freeze Protect☆PP Escape Save☆HP Restore Rate☆ABILITIES☆~

Thanks for the reply guys! @,@ seems like i need to go for a skilltree reset since I already went down the average stance route....

On that note, what about mag? Would it be alright if i get 16lvs in Tech to get the PP regen trigger then go all out on R-atk?

You can simply pay excubes for ketos proi photon blast. PP Regen trigger itself is not worth gimping yourself over imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    1. Yes, you can use one stance from each class together.
    2. You cannot use both average and weak stance at the same time since they are from the same class.
    3. Only go for maxing rapid shoot, mastery, and up if you really main the bow. Should you use the katana, don't bother maxing them. I only bother using the skill for bosses or during a very long code/burst.
    4. Master Shoot is better for one target with high hp, like a boss. Penetrate Arrow is better for taking out multiple enemies.

Personally, I recommend Ra sub for a Braver bow main. Killing Bonus will help with PP regeneration a lot and getting used to standing still for certain situations with Standing Snipe will allow you to outdamage a Hu sub that uses the bow. I suppose the consistent damage from a Hu sub is nice, though.

Also, skip out on Average Stance for using the bow.
    So how is the mobbing damage with br/ra? I mean torrential rain doesn't seem all that great if you can't hit weakpoints with it. I tend to just spam penetrating arrow but it is quite PP intensive, takes a while to charge, and doesn't have quite the spread like ABullet. So, I ultimately end up just using Abullet... Or even an all-class launcher might be better then bow in some situations. Bow seems like it excels at single-target damage for sure but I wanna know it brings to the table in an AQ...

Quote Originally Posted by Indignation Judgment View Post
    They do! Just jump over they head after charging your shoot. Pretty effective against dragonkin and Lilipan machines(namely SpardanA and Sparguns).

Gilnas and Gilnachis have a very small weakspot (when not showing the core in the case of gilnas) right in the eye (or camera lens, depending on your take). It can only be reached through FPS.

I have another Braver Bow pure question:

Who decided Braver unlocks Fighter at Lv 30?
    It unlocks all advanced classes at 30 lollololol.
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)