Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

They need to decrease the charge time on Penetrate Arrow. The damage is good for a mobbing ability, but it's so not practical for it. As a boss killer, it's weaker than Master Shoot, in addition to being slower. Radius increase on Torrential Arrow would also help out bow's mobbing. It is nice that you can hit elephant humps with it though.

I disagree. I think a better change would be to make the seemingly bugged multi-hit ability a feature - let it deal damage once to a boss, but damage the health of breakable parts separately, but not all from the boss's full health.

So you shoot vader's 6 missile pods, right down the center, hitting all six. Each one takes damage, but the boss's actual hp only goes down once.

edit: And to clarify, this would have zero impact on its mobbing abilities. It would just make it the part-breaker PA for braver, giving it a real but still limited use against bosses.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Jul 24, 2013 at 02:59 PM.

wait wat? That doesn't sound like something that would even be possible with the current implementation of breakable parts.

I think it currently does that? I've broken multiple parts with one arrow before.

Quote Originally Posted by Narrillnezzurh View Post
    wait wat? That doesn't sound like something that would even be possible with the current implementation of breakable parts.
    Sure it would. Breakable parts each have their own HP pool. When you hurt a breakable part you hurt both its HP pool and the boss's main HP pool. If a part breaks after taking 3k damage, and a boss has 10k hp, dealing 3k damage to the part breaks it and also deals 3k damage to the boss's main pool.

If a boss has two parts with their own hp pools, 3k each, and your penetrating arrow somehow does 3k damage because you're OP or something, firing the penetrating arrow through both parts at once would break both parts yet only deal 3k damage to the boss itself.

Quote Originally Posted by GALEFORCE View Post
    I think it currently does that? I've broken multiple parts with one arrow before.
    I have too, but it seems to not actually be intentional. It's very finicky and you can fire two arrows in exactly the same way on a downed boss, but have it damage the boss multiple times for just one of the attacks.

Strange, I read ppl saying TA isn't all that grand yet it does wonders for me when enemies are clustering around me cause of it's continuous hitstun effect and then bringing most mobs down to a point where they either die in it or with one uncharged arrow to the kne- *AHEM*

I'm going to probably answer my own question by guessing that it's the classic "good at 'low lvls' but useless later on" syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    Strange, I read ppl saying TA isn't all that grand yet it does wonders for me when enemies are clustering around me cause of it's continuous hitstun effect and then bringing most mobs down to a point where they either die in it or with one uncharged arrow to the kne- *AHEM*

I'm going to probably answer my own question by guessing that it's the classic "good at 'low lvls' but useless later on" syndrome.
    Pretty much is. Penetrating arrow is better, and more reliable, though it has its own flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by GALEFORCE View Post
    They need to decrease the charge time on Penetrate Arrow. The damage is good for a mobbing ability, but it's so not practical for it. As a boss killer, it's weaker than Master Shoot, in addition to being slower. Radius increase on Torrential Arrow would also help out bow's mobbing. It is nice that you can hit elephant humps with it though.
    I'd argue gravity point could use a radius increase over torrential arrow.

Does anyone have a build for a pure bow braver that I can look at to get an idea of what my friend should be going for? Is pure bow effective, worth it at all?

Also as pure bow, would it be wiser to go HU or RA as sub?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitora View Post
    Does anyone have a build for a pure bow braver that I can look at to get an idea of what my friend should be going for? Is pure bow effective, worth it at all?

This is what im planning on going for =o.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitora View Post

Ra has WB, Killing Bonus, and a stronger Additional Bullet, but Hu has multipliers that are active all the time and almost as strong and doesn't gimp your katana if you ever need to use it. Most will probably say Ra, but you can't go wrong either way really.