Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thinking of going full support with Techer, anyone have a Tree they want to share?

Since it seems that techer is trash to everyone it may be useless to even ask this, but i will anyway, does anyone have a full support build available for techer? yes i just want to support and heal only i dont want to damage at all, we have enough dps for that, i dont understand why no one plays support lol but im taking a shot at it because i dont want to be like everyone else, its plenty lightning force around as is and i dont intend to ride the bandwagon i want to be different

The game hasn't really been around long enough for it to be that efficient that people use support yet. It took awhile on pso1 for it to get hammered down, but once it did it was very important

The best support you can give is to actually help output damage.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Well if your seriously gun hoe about it here's some talking points.

Here's how I go with how you described.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...kj4kI2cKlk0000

I threw in the support spells. I stay away from shifta critical since criticals aren't currently that good. Territory burst doubles your range. Deband cut a solid defensive boon. PP restorate good for keeping your PP up.

If your only going to heal I recommend picking up hunter and using Defensive trees to make you sturdier on the field.
    Laxedrane - Ship 10| Force-70 Hunter-70 Techer-70 Braver-70 Bouncer-70
    Darrin- Ship 10 Ranger-62 Gunner-65 Force-1 Techer-0
    Ismaire- Ship 10 Hunter-51 Braver-51 Bounder-1

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCorinn View Post
    Since it seems that techer is trash to everyone it may be useless to even ask this, but i will anyway, does anyone have a full support build available for techer? yes i just want to support and heal only i dont want to damage at all, we have enough dps for that, i dont understand why no one plays support lol but im taking a shot at it because i dont want to be like everyone else, its plenty lightning force around as is and i dont intend to ride the bandwagon i want to be different
    I'm going to do what I usually do and just say, don't try to be different for the sake of being different. If you think it's a role that's needed but no one ever want's to fill, go ahead, if it's just how you like to play, sure, if you just want to see for yourself why no-one else does it, by all means continue. If you're doing it just to stand out and be a special snowflake without understanding the intricacies of why it isn't the best thing to do though, you should probably stop while you're ahead. Especially if you aren't able to come up with a build your self. Don't just go against the standard without understanding why it's there in the first place.

Most of the people here aren't jumping on the bandwagon, so much as looking at the game analyzing it, and deciding that it's just more effective and efficient to do more damage. It's a problem with the game not the people.

With that said, you shouldn't limit playing support to just healing and buffing, especially when Techer has so much non-standard support. Techs like Zondeel, and Zanverse are very useful to support players when they're used well. And ranger has some good support with things like Weak Bullet, and Jellen shot. However, what really gets me is the "I don't want to deal damage at all". Not focusing on damage is one thing, but not doing any at all? Ever? This isn't the kind of game where you can just sit back and heal everyone... you have to hit stuff to get your pp back, or in the case of ranger use your bullets/ shots. Not to mention the game being impossible to solo that way. But that's not much of a problem if you have people to play with.
    Anyway
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...lk00007b00000f

That's an addition to the build Laxedrane posted, with a support based ranger build to go with it.

I'm personally not a fan of Extend Assist Lv 10. Keeping up Shifta and Deband on your party with EA Lv 1 isn't difficult, and those 10 SP (drop Territory Burst down to Lv 1) can be put towards damage instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    I'm personally not a fan of Extend Assist Lv 10. Keeping up Shifta and Deband on your party with EA Lv 1 isn't difficult, and those 10 SP (drop Territory Burst down to Lv 1) can be put towards damage instead.
    I agree, though they already said they aren't interested in damage, maybe the points could be put into territory burst?

derp I meant territory burst
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jul 23, 2013 at 12:24 AM.

The reason no one plays support is because no one needs support.

The damage the other party members receive from your buffs is not enough to offset you being in the party.

Your healing is not fast nor potent enough to beat out simply using an item to heal. You can't rely on the short range and long charge time when a single hit means being on death's door (or outright dead). And that's another thing, if the players are skilled enough, they won't need any healing, from items or otherwise.

Any other form of support, either gathering mobs, holding aggro, or plain killing, would be just as or much more effective as a damaging class. Zanverse, Zondeel, Megiverse, and Razan's support is equally as useful on a lv1 Gunner/Techer as a Force/Fighter, but the damage would be higher on a DPS caster.

That said, you could always do something like this, but seriously Shifta/Deband Advance are really bad. Not all that much better than without.

If you were to go full support, you would be accomplishing the exact opposite of what you intended to do...

Real supports make killing mobs and bosses easier. The best support skill is unfortunately ranger's weak bullet.
    What may end up happening is that people will kick you out if you don't contribute to damage. (Especially in Advanced Quests.)

As techer, you have some support methods:
    -For mobs, territory burst and zondeel are your best tools.
    -For bosses, territory burst and zanverse may do pretty good damage in a party setting.
    Other than that, you have to focus on doing as much damage as possible.

I wasted two skill reset passes before figuring out how useless deband cut is. Those who need it the most (squishy characters) still die at the same frequency. Deband may get iron will status in the future, but we'll have another skill reset pass for that.

-------------------------
    This is my wandwack skillbuild (for Te/Hu setup):
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...I20000lb00000f

Shifta contributes to around 10% increase in damage, and upkeep is easy with one point in shifta advance.
    Dark techs have the highest base attack, and they also have some of the best single dps skills.
    Zan will help build your gauge faster. And this tends to be your more spammable tech.
    To kill large groups of mobs without getting hit, Nagrants> Zondeel > Wand whack.
    For bosses, you can use na megid/samegid for single play and zanverse for party play.
    Last edited by holmwood; Jul 23, 2013 at 02:51 AM.

Hello.

I have a Fi/Te human (Mageknigth), and her Techer tree is all about support. Mainly, shifta, deband, and PP regen. This allows you to both, stand alone, and stand out in parties as off-hand healer.

You can generate enough PP through attacks on Double Saber to virtually keep Shifta and deband always online, specially if using an "unlocked potential" DOuble Saber Legacy.

Elemental Weak hit not only allows yo uto do arguably more damage, but arguably more damage using lower quality, non-rare weapons. Guess you could get hold of a full Red Doublesaber palette to keep your damage at an acceptable levels.

Then again, supporting in this game is shifta, deband, resta, and anti. And 1-2 chained casts of Resta should heal anybody.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...lh00007b00000f

Here is my sample.
    Psp2's Last Order, Lv 127 Female Beast. Hu-24 Ra-14 Fo-1 Va-8
    ~☆Cho Hee 80% Dus Skadd || Cho Hee 80% Dus Skadd☆~
    ~☆Mugunburga 27% Dus Skadd || Clarita Visas II 21% Emopw. Healing || Mugunburga 25% Dus Skadd☆~
    ~☆ABILITIES☆Burst Bomber☆EVA Boost☆Freeze Protect☆PP Escape Save☆HP Restore Rate☆ABILITIES☆~