Page 1 of 44 123411 ... LastLast

Default Braver Low Damage?

Hello.
    My braver is currently level 41 with a subclass with hunter lvl 19.
    When I use some of my PA's(Asagiri-rendan in particular)on non weak areas of the enemies, I only damage them about 70-100 each hit. But when I damage the enemies in their week spot with Asagiri-rendan, each hit was about 200-400. Is that normal?
    My current S-ATK is 903. All the PA's I use is lvl 10. And my Vita Esrain is 449 s-atk.

Thanks

my level 39 braver with (full Ratk braver ) is seeing numbers similar... as an Satk braver I will assume you're not using the right build? and also your just attacks. With a /HU and a fury build your numbers should be higher.

I'm getting at least triple that damage with a level 38 Braver, 28 Hu sub. It's probably your build.

Quote Originally Posted by Neferpitou View Post
    I'm getting at least triple that damage with a level 38 Braver, 28 Hu sub. It's probably your build.
    May you send me your build, please?

Bravers are pretty sub-par, there's really no denying it, but you can get some mean as heck damage out of a few things in the class.

For Katana you have the Sakura-End and the finisher. With the Bow you have Master shot and Kamikaze arrow. These PAs do incredible damage...but the weakness of Braver as a class doesn't necessarily stem from them not being able to output damage but it actually comes from other reasons.

For Katana mains the class falters because of a lack of damage from the Katana in general. Even once you get K-gear running and you're hitting for max damage nearly every hit, it pales in comparison to even hunter weapons. Try using an all class wire lance or something, you'll out damage any katana PA you can use easily. The best damage PA is Sakura, and even then it's just not that versatile of a skill. It has great range and it's quite fast, but the other PAs just don't do enough to earn their keep despite a single digit number of situational uses that some of them can claim.

For Bow mains...the PP regeneration is terrible outside of Rapid Shot. Rapid Shot itself has some ridiculous "start up" thing where it doesn't work off the bat and you actually have to shoot a few times before it is up and functioning the way it advertises, so you waste basically 5 seconds somewhere in that duration just getting it to work properly. Combine this with the fact that Rapid Shot either doesn't have a long enough duration, or the duration of the buff itself is too short...and you find yourself either constantly swapping to a Gslash/Katana to regen PP, because arrow spamming to get your PP back is a torturous affair.

Hunters or even fighters do not have the formers' issues with their weapons (you could make an argument for fighter because of Deadly Archer superiority), and Rangers or Gunners do not have horrid PP regen issues like the bow.

Basically...Braver is slightly outshined in maximum potential...but at the same time many are okay with that for the opportunity to explore a class that has the opportunity to explore two different weapon types on the opposite sides of the spectrum, a ranged or a melee weapon.

The class is fresh and new, and slowly over time you will see people taper off and grow weary of it and go back to their old classes, leaving behind the truly dedicated ones who the class was made for, who will continue to main it and persevere with figuring out all the kings and maximizations. For now everyone is screaming bloody joy over every little single thing it does like it's a new toy, and you'd do well to ignore it for a little while the real numbers are slowly but surely brought out.

Do you have Weak Stance active? It lowers your damage on non-weakspot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuronee View Post
    It's not the best build out there and many people will dislike mine but here you are: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...dnfsNJ2fGQ0006

It works for me since I like to go slightly hybrid.

Living unwritten poetry. CloudChaser's Avatar

Katana- im doing 300's with perfectly charged x-attack(Sorry i don't have the time nor the memory to figure out the name of the pa) and the jumping slash down then slash up(I am horrible). My subclass is ranger or gunner(Mainly because everything else is level 1 not cause it as some special perk...i am horrible)
    "You get depressed because you know you're not what you should be." -Marilyn Manson

Cloud: Ship 2: Ur, Class: Working on Te/Fo. Team: Phantom Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuronee View Post
    Here is mine note to self I main BRA/HU and HU ignores all HU gears on my Duman she is a strict Katana main with a decent bow and this is a pure cookie cutter.

You're you rearrange it as you see fit as this build was a personal one fro me only.

Also make sure to keep you PA's updated every few lvls and Sakura-Endou is cheap as hell int he player shops.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...4NdncKrIJ20000

Sig by Gama

Hunter basically doubles your damage, having a ranger or gunner sub is why your damage is extremely low.

When I use some of my PA's(Asagiri-rendan in particular)on non weak areas of the enemies, I only damage them about 70-100 each hit. But when I damage the enemies in their week spot with Asagiri-rendan, each hit was about 200-400. Is that normal?
    This doesn't seem too bad, asagiri is the charge move yes? It doesn't hit very hard per hit but hits many times super quickly, what is your Sakura doing? Mine do 3.4k x2 on weak points at level 46.