Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    For Bow mains...the PP regeneration is terrible outside of Rapid Shot. Rapid Shot itself has some ridiculous "start up" thing where it doesn't work off the bat and you actually have to shoot a few times before it is up and functioning the way it advertises, so you waste basically 5 seconds somewhere in that duration just getting it to work properly. Combine this with the fact that Rapid Shot either doesn't have a long enough duration, or the duration of the buff itself is too short...and you find yourself either constantly swapping to a Gslash/Katana to regen PP, because arrow spamming to get your PP back is a torturous affair.
    I actually dont have problems with my PP, and I am BR/RA but I was using the +PP on kills, standing in the center of a heavily crowded enemy spawn and just shooting rain arrows like crazy. I unspecced it to see how much more damage I can get.(i plan on getting it again cause it worked well) As far as the Katana goes, I'm not bothering with it, I have my Main character who is a Hunter for my Melee thrills.

At OP you need to time your Just attacks, and skills efficiently, and spam your regular attacks more often. the damage per skill is low-ish But the amount of times you can use the skill is very good. A friend of mine is an excellent braver although they are the type of person that goes over board with stats/skills and exploits (exploits built into the game such as dash cancelling and skill clipping so you can basically go as fast as humanly possible) and that noise is a bit much for me.

There is that the current Katana weapons are weak, and the two 10* katana are not at all easy to get. I am doing fine with a 50 element 6* but still need like red weapons. Can only pray Sega sneak in red katanas/bows in this Bikini update. Why they have no mention of adding red weapons/AQ stone weapons for Braver is beyond me ~_~
    Last edited by otaku998; Jul 23, 2013 at 10:32 PM.

I'm a 54/60 Br/Hu and after playing with katanas for quite a bit, I've come to the conclusion that katanas are pretty underwhelming when it comes to dishing out damage.
    It might be because my weapon atm is only a 50 element 3 slot 6*, but I doubt that's the only reason.

There are really only 3 usable PAs with the katana: sakura-endo for easy to hit weak spots/ bosses/large enemies, kanran-kikyou for small mobs, and the rising edge one. Maybe the one PA with the upward slice is also useful in some situations (though I prefer staying in the air instead of being on the ground).
    All the others are trash, especially asagiri-rendan or however you spell it. It's flashy as hell but does horrible damage for how long it takes the skill to finish.

Katanas are pretty poor at dealing sustained damage as well because with the current PAs available, bravers just can't compete with other classes when it comes to spamming skills. DPS-wise I've had the most success with simply spamming charged JA sakura-endo while guard-cancelling the sheathing animation, but it does nowhere near the damage output that, say, a fighter dishes out with DA spam or Backhand Smash. On a falz arm with WB, my sakura-endo does around 26k per slice, so that's 50k-ish per skill, while my uncharged DA does upwards of 100k per use. Backhand Smash does close to 200k and I can use it 3x consecutively with my pp setup. I'm really hoping that it's just my weapon which is severely lowering my damage output, and that if I use a 10* katana instead, which would increase my s-atk by around 200 or so, would give me enough of a damage boost to be on-par with, if not stronger, than other classes.

Katana Combat is another thing that I have a bit of an issue with. It would be nice if you could turn off the raging-waltz effect everytime you autoattacked because it really makes it difficult to use PAs when the skill is activated. I'm confused how to use KC properly because it seems as if SEGA wants me to spam autoattacks for the duration of the skill. So basically you autoattack for 15 seconds until the blue aura turns red, then you wait another 10 seconds for the finisher's godawful cast-time, and pray that you're able to hit the boss' weak spot for a little bit of burst damage?

Don't get me wrong, katana is really fun to play because it's a refreshing change of pace from what the current classes have to offer, but yeah I think they are pretty underwhelming for the most part.

Or maybe I'm just a scrub and don't know how to play the class properly, but that's fine too. All I do in AQ with my braver is spam Additional Bullet anyway for ezkills.

My damage with Braver at 22/31 Br/Hu is fine using a +7 Agito without an S-atk mag or proper abilities... But Braver does seem to be lackluster at later levels, while earlier on it can clear out mobs rather easily but falls off somewhere around 30-35 from what I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by vantwan123 View Post
    All the others are trash, especially asagiri-rendan or however you spell it. It's flashy as hell but does horrible damage for how long it takes the skill to finish.
    Ignoring everything else Asagiri-rendan is an approach/knockdown. It's not all that good for raw damage, but it IS good for getting to enemies quickly and/or keeping them from getting away. Hien-tsubaki is good against large enemies or clusters of small enemies in front of you. Gekka-zakuro however I'm still failing to find a legitimate use for.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Here is mine note to self I main BRA/HU and HU ignores all HU gears on my Duman she is a strict Katana main with a decent bow and this is a pure cookie cutter.

You're you rearrange it as you see fit as this build was a personal one fro me only.

Also make sure to keep you PA's updated every few lvls and Sakura-Endou is cheap as hell int he player shops.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...4NdncKrIJ20000
    Thanks. I have Sakura-endou as the last PA on my weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Ignoring everything else Asagiri-rendan is an approach/knockdown. It's not all that good for raw damage, but it IS good for getting to enemies quickly and/or keeping them from getting away. Hien-tsubaki is good against large enemies or clusters of small enemies in front of you. Gekka-zakuro however I'm still failing to find a legitimate use for.
    gekka-zakuro is meant to be used with tsumiki sazanka, it drops you to the ground faster (while slashing down) and knocks the target upwards, but it is a rather terrible PA to use when you're on the ground

Quote Originally Posted by FerrickX View Post
    gekka-zakuro is meant to be used with tsumiki sazanka, it drops you to the ground faster (while slashing down) and knocks the target upwards, but it is a rather terrible PA to use when you're on the ground
    Even in the air it's not that great since you just end up on the ground with your target in the air, it's hard to keep up a juggle from that position with a melee weapon. The best use I could come up with is if, for whatever reason the enemy is on the ground and you're in the air and want to launch them but I dunno... It feels like it's missing something.

I have had fun comboing Tsumiki, Gekka and Sakura together... Purely for how it looks of course.

Personally I'm surprised at the amount of damage I can dish out as BR/RA, and BR/HU with 6 star weapons. For BR/HU I'm more in love with kanren against packs after DA'ing/add bulleting so long, and deadly circle doesn't quite do it for me.

Only real things that bug me is sakura end's delay before JA circle shows after the slashes (too slow, should be faster/sooner, like right as the second slash is finished, instead of during the flashy sheathing), rapid shot's delay before giving me the 3 shot burst as advertised, and perhaps the PP generation per uncharged arrow could be upped a little to make up for the comparatively slower speed between attacks compared to rifles and tmgs, arrow travel time, and arrow spread.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jul 23, 2013 at 11:11 PM.