Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

There are some interseting character names on PSO and a lot of lame ones. I don't care if you named the Character after yourself or if you named it after your favorite Anime character (I'm not dissing it, I did that with my Hunewearl Miyaka from Fushigi Yuugi) but I'm talking about names with stories behind them ^-^

I'll start (whether you like it or not >:O!)

Vanango -- My name is Vanessa but everyone calls me van, so there's the first part, 2nd part, I used to live in Thailand and I was addicted to Mangos, I woudl eat 3 or 4 everyday. THey were the freshest sweetest cheapest mangos ever. Mangos are also apparently the "horny" fruit, but I won't get into that. Also, Mango is my favorite SNL Character ^-^ so Van + Mango = Vanango ! kapow!

snugglez -- this is what i named my giant purple mech. Come on, someone has to find that amusing... he's cuddly, honestly! Anyways, he's named after a guinea pig my friend named when he was really young that eventually died and devestated the poor guy. Ha ha ha...

now, your turn ^-^

Hi my names dead by dawn and I'm and alco... wait a minute wrong forum Well my name is the sub title for the move Evil Dead 2. I started using it a long time ago on Bnet for starcraft and it just kinda stuck with me. Just wanted to keep one name so it's easier to keep all my names straight. My PSOW name is after the character Guntz348 from Shining Force. At first I was just Guntz but I lost my PW and couldnt get it reset so I just made a new one. The 348 is just a random number really, but it's also tagged onto my aim name tetsuo348. Thats not from Akira though, it's from a japanese indie film called Tetsuo: The Iron Man. It's a really great film and I think everyone should see it My ramarl is named Yohko after Devil Hunter Yohko, the animie and my Hucaseal is named Ikimasshoi! after the morning musume song ^-^

My character name has not much of a story, just that i like RX8's, but my S-Rank Twin does....K, so i know some girls at school, i know these two cute twins(sisters) at school their last name is Kanda...thus KANDA TWIN!!!.....no?....ok its corny but eh, gotta keep it real

I'm still lonely! Talk to me, please!
    California, in the land of milk and cigarettes

I'ma have some fun here...

In the case of my FOnewearl, Opal, I was trying to think of a cute name that you don't hear all that often any more. At the time I was reading George Carlin's "Brain Droppings" and stumbled across a joke about names these days. Something about how there're more Kaylas, and Alicias, and no Opals or Netties. The second I saw that name it just stuck!

Orgasmotron, my RAcast... Well... The Orgasmotron was froma Woody Allen movie...

Threevon, my RAmar, was inspired by this one guy I knew back in my days of causing havoc in Diablo 2. The infamous clan "The Uber-Gods" had a sortof charlies angel's type thing called "The Ghetto Fuck Force", with a guy named "Threevon" as the leader. Well, a man with a really fucking cool name and the attitude of every african american stereotype, how could one NOT make a PSO character out of him?!?

My HUcaseal, Thee, got her name from the band Thee Michelle Gun Elephant. And since I always give my characters last name, altho I dont put that on the character, that would also be the soucrce of my HUnewearl's last name(Chiba, which is the lead singer's last name). I just had to, in some way, do a tribute to them!

My RAmarl, Arina, was named after someone on WinMX who let me leech episodes of Omishi Mahou Gekijou: Risky/Safety off of them...

Then of course my pseudonym came from a stroy I intend to write. It would be sort of like M*A*S*H meets... Galaxy Angel... or something... But basically tells the story of one of the troops in the Reserves dubbed the American Frag! With the lead character... CAPTAIN DUDE! *Shocking horror music plays*

On 2003-04-07 15:04, Guntz348 wrote:
    My PSOW name is after the character Guntz348 from Shining Force. At first I was just Guntz but I lost my PW and couldnt get it reset so I just made a new one.
    Shining Force is a great game. This kid let me borrow Sega Smash pack and it's one of the games on there. Been playing it a lot lately.

Hooked my DC back up to play it. It had been sitting in the closet for some time now. o_o

My main chars name--Elentari means star queen. I got it from the Silmarillion, like most of my other names. I wanted to be an astronomer(long ago), but then that just developed into my facsination with the night sky

Adora- is from She-ra, yeah thats right the cheap spin off of he-man lol. But what can ya do i think its pretty

Tintalle is also from the silmarillion, it means star kindler. Its actually the same person as elentari, and elbereth(another character i used to have but too many people mistakenly said the name was from something else and it made me angry)...eh i wont get into that its too confusing to explain

Kellyus- is something i made up...well i did it for my first pso char on dreamcast. Tweaked my own name.

All the others are from the Silmarillion..i have to many chars to put em all down *sips *

Ooo let's ad how we named our sranks too I named my Mechguns TEQUILAS Mechguns after Chow Yun-Fats character in "Hard Boiled". Now if only I can get the special to let me run and jump and flip through the air while shooting. I named my partisen POLITICS Partisen, so it would be like partisen politics, heh ok ok ok, I know I'm the only one who would find that funny. Hey at 4 am it was the best I could come up with

Mine's derived from the ever-so-classic Kodiak bear. I mean, it WAS obvious, right?!

*notices all the people who call him Kodia...*

Okay, whatever. o.O; And the 987 part is taken from my old E-Mail, which was Armageddon987.

As for Shurikane, I don't think I need to explain. Idiots, please PM me for the origin of the word!
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

Janitor Extrordinaire

Intimidacius name has the root of intimidate. It is actually quite contradictory as Intimidacius is a the palest, shortest, and skinniest RAcast model out there. A booma towers over Intimidacius but Intimidacius is not afraid. With the strength of his forefathers(and mothers): Barf, Chubulini, and Big Girl(each more hideous than the last) Intimidacius finds the ability to fight boomas with his bare hands without the aid of mags or any other equipment. That is how Intimidacius started but he had to be deleted to make a character to compete with his creator's brother. Intimidacius was said to have conquered Ragol II during his absence(he also waited for the Principal to make a Ping-pong court under the hospital) but will return as soon as his creator's brother makes the level 200 mag he promised to Intimidacius.
    Intimidacius was born from the ashes of a Furby and from the masses of wrought iron of a Tamagothci

Squidsquatch

Black Rose was pulled out of the air. (despite the fact that it appears all over the place) I was looking at the red-black paint job on the RAcast, and thinking "Hmm, what's red... roses are red. Black... rose! Cool"

See what I get when I try to be original... (google search - "black rose": just shy of 3,000,000 results)