Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spiral Knights

Default Spiral Knights

since pso2 is a terrible piece of shit i thought that in the eve of a massive upcoming changes to Spiral Knights i'd recommend it to you lads: the biggest change being them removing the limits of playing dungeons and reworking the item acquisition a little bit making it much easier to get gear without spending a penny and also introducing mag rip-offs and difficulty settings for everything

the game is a pretty casual zelda clone for most, it has 2 PvP modes, a bomberman clone in which you don't use your PvE gear and a lockdown mode which is something like domination in shooters in which there are 3 classes that give you different roles and you can use outside of shields all your PvE gear
    the levels in the game are for most randomly generated, (boss levels are fixed layouts, "dangerous missions" have first floor randomly generated, second floor is fixed) there is loads of pieces for each theme, the game also has "lore rooms" which appear quite frequently which sometimes also reward with some crafting materials or the ingame currency/tokens

almost every weapon in the game is different, aside of the status effect variants, armor equipment gives different bonuses ranging from status effect resistances (which actually matter in this game) to offensive bonuses in form of direct damage bonuses to weapon classes, speed bonus or movement speed bonuses
    there is also an armor set that gives global bonuses to all types of weapons while penalising you with truly glass canon negative status effect resistances
    the update will most likely go live on wednesday but nothing stops you from checking out the game now, just have in mind that the limits on running dungeons you will experience now will be removed totally with the patch that will come

edit: forgot to add the url to the game's website, if you use steam, you don't have to register on their site and you can use it to play but you will have to always use steam to play your character
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/99900/?snr=1_7_15__13
    http://www.spiralknights.com/
    Last edited by jooozek; Jul 26, 2013 at 04:07 PM.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    since pso2 is a terrible piece of shit i thought that in the eve of a massive upcoming changes to Spiral Knights i'd recommend it to you lads: the biggest change being them removing the limits of playing dungeons and reworking the item acquisition a little bit making it much easier to get gear without spending a penny
    A casual slog through their website didn't reveal any details on this. Care to elaborate?

I enjoyed the game back in the day, I would play it with a few friends, but it eventually got to a point where we ran into the paywall really hard and it immediately sapped our drive to actually want to play the game any more. An obvious sign of horrid free-to-play design. If they actually fixed it, I wouldn't really mind playing it again.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I played like the first dungeon and got bored. Next.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    A casual slog through their website didn't reveal any details on this. Care to elaborate?

I enjoyed the game back in the day, I would play it with a few friends, but it eventually got to a point where we ran into the paywall really hard and it immediately sapped our drive to actually want to play the game any more. An obvious sign of horrid free-to-play design. If they actually fixed it, I wouldn't really mind playing it again.
    http://forums.spiralknights.com/en/node/84730
    here are the details of the changes
    P S O W

Huh these changes sounds pretty good, I played way back and stopped after beating Vanaduke a few times when that was the endgame at the time.

Never personally had much of a problem with the Energy system when I played at that time long ago though, at least to the point that I was gaining more energy than spending via buying them with crowns I gained while still upgrading my stuff.

i never had a problem with the energy system too, didn't spend a penny and crafted a little over 60 5 star items

random SK related vid

Last edited by jooozek; Jul 28, 2013 at 12:44 PM.
    P S O W

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    I played like the first dungeon and got bored. Next.
    This.

I played it right when it first came out, and the game was just kind of eh. I mean, I'm sure it's improved since then, but still. The whole paywall thing really put me off of it.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

wooah, I enjoyed this game when it came out but ran into the paywall and hated it...I might pick this back up. o.o
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

What and when exactly is the "paywall". I played this a little bit a long time ago but I had other gaming priorities at the time. I might consider picking it back up since I have some limited items from Steam promotions.
    Journal Thread!
    ----
    Steam: drixil | PSN: drixil

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    This.

I played it right when it first came out, and the game was just kind of eh. I mean, I'm sure it's improved since then, but still. The whole paywall thing really put me off of it.
    did you ever go below depth 8 at least though? tier (depths 1-7) is basically training wheels where you will succeed if you just mash attack while taking all the damage on your face, if you do the same on tier 2 (depths 9-17) you will get killed really soon
    enemies actually get better between tiers, they get new actions, revised attacks
    you should really give it a run again once the update comes out, Tier 1 is like eating a popsicle through paper

Quote Originally Posted by drixil View Post
    What and when exactly is the "paywall". I played this a little bit a long time ago but I had other gaming priorities at the time. I might consider picking it back up since I have some limited items from Steam promotions.
    the paywall people talk about is that you had (not really) to pick between playing and crafting, you could just keep playing till you accumulate enough energy to craft something but most people didn't care to have a buffer of energy to run with and just blew the energy as soon as they could on whatever they had to craft
    they've also released a year ago elevator passes that for 5.95$ monthly removed the elevators cost, so you would be able to focus on crafting

oh, i guess there is also shadow lairs which are behind a paywall in form of high energy cost of keys, but they are really fun:

Last edited by jooozek; Jul 28, 2013 at 01:32 PM.
    P S O W