Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I like how everyone is completely ignoring the justification for skipping on Katana Combat.

KC is amazing, it increases your katana damage, it speeds up your attacks with the katana, it helps you approach enemies with the katana, and it does a ton of damage to a lot of targets so long as you're using a katana.

But if the katana sucks, then KC sucks. Similarly if you like the katana, KC will be your favorite skill outside of Katana Gear.

Or even if you DO use the katana, it has PAs that can already deal with mobs without a long cooldown, and other weapons have spammable mob clearing PAs as well. If that's the case, then KC is best used on a boss, but you're locked into using the katana for up to 20s before you can use the finisher. In that time, some other weapon could be doing better total single target damage. So says Z-0, anyway.

Katana Combat is really fun but the only way it can actually help increase your dps as a katana user is if you can turn of the raging-waltz effect at will to make it easier to use PAs while the skill is active.

If all you're going to be doing while KC is up is to spam autoattacks for 20 seconds and pray that you can hit a boss' weak spot with the finisher's 5 second cast time, then you're better off using another weapon for more damage.

The KC skill is good as the only thing to improve KC further, but if you're tight on SP other things may be better.

Now, in actual boss fights, the 90 second cooldown does actually line up very nicely with a lot of boss weak point exposures in my experience. YMMV, obviously, but I'm having a good time with it. It's not that great outside of boss fights, however, and the 20 seconds is really tight at times depending on how frantically the boss kites around the field. Nothing like chrome starting his zigzag dash at 2 seconds left :/

If there was a fourth skill for KC I'd pool into that in a heartbeat. Longer duration, some kind of combo bonus, anything.

Katana only build

Bow only build

Where you can get JR Cover instead of Braver Mag if that's more useful to you. As for a hybrid build, I wouldn't know. Depends on what you wanna do with it.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...dnbxsNJ2ib0006

Max katana combat when maining katana, always. Then pick either 5 into JR cover or 5 more into average stance, trade 5% dmg for a big survivability boost. I prefer the survivability boost, but it's personal choice. Braver mag isn't worth 5 points, 1 max, and you don't need to do it as katana main. Snatch step is also not worth 1 point imo, but you could get it if you really like it. If you don't like average stance or want to use bow more for a hybrid build, take the 15 points out of average stance and put 3 into rapid shoot and 10 into rapid shoot mastery. Then last 3 points can be mixed into snatch step, rare mastery braver, and braver mag.

If you prefer average stance for whatever reason, since it's a passive 20% dmg boost at all times and less managing/wanna be lazy, you can max that and only 15 into weak stance too, or swap around what I said about bow where you max average but ignore weak.
    Last edited by Shiyo; Jul 27, 2013 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narrillnezzurh View Post
    The bow is definitely slow, but its PAs all hit like trucks, far beyond anything the katana can do. What makes you think the katana comes out ahead?
    umm an uncharged sakura end can hit for high damages, and its execution fast too, unlike several other bow PAs. Kanran kikyou can also clear a group faster than BBs too because of the factor where you needn't have to funnel down all mobs to use the strong PAs to kill them all in one go

and bbs have terrible PP recharge rate too, so you can't use those "hits like a truck" PAs too much either
    Last edited by FerrickX; Jul 27, 2013 at 12:18 PM.

with a charged up kamikaze shot on a 6* bow with 15 element i do ~50k damage on weakbulleted elder hands asses, if you can somehow beat that with a 6* katana then i'll bow to you
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    with a charged up kamikaze shot on a 6* bow with 15 element i do ~50k damage on weakbulleted elder hands asses, if you can somehow beat that with a 6* katana then i'll bow to you
    If we're going for situational things that require a silly long charge period on falz arms why stop at PA's?

Spoiler!

Yeah you'd kinda have to add up the entirety of your damage output over 20s during Katana Combat versus the same amount of time spamming bow PAs.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    If we're going for situational things that require a silly long charge period on falz arms why stop at PA's?

Spoiler!
    but KC isn't a PA
    it has a long ass cooldown
    it requires you to timely launch the finisher
    it all goes down the drain when the enemy zooms away
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget