Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Soloing

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    braver's pretty good at close and medium range, with no major weakness besides not being the best at something another class is the best at, and has been pretty much the easiest and smoothest class to solo with in my experience so far. Put a point (or five) into JR Cover, don't specialize too hard one way or the other with weapons, and enjoy your competent capabilities in most areas. It's definitely the best generalist class.

in before why I'm wrong and should kill myself
    Have you played force? Braver is amazing though, I think JRrecover + iron will + automate halfine would make you a beast solo, you'd have to fuck up really really really bad to die as that build.

One could say Force dodge is the best if you're good enough, since if you cancel properly it's even shorter than step.
    And having massive invul. frames can be useful here and there.

For mostly anyone though step is superior because it's easy to use, its duration is pretty much perfect, and it has an acceptable amount of inv frames. Also step attack and triple stepping.

But please. Do keep going for 3 to 4 pages.

Braver can't cancel any of their PAs with a block or dodge, but Hunter can on a lot of theirs. Plus there is the gunslash for ranged attacks. And Hunter has more HP.

Force has low HP and no block. They do have free heals, but that's slower than using an item and costs PP to use. Don't try to tell me Deband (without Deband Cut) is a good defensive ability.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

>automate
    >don't lag
    >buy more monomates
    >all ya'll mad

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

beating an oodan to death with an eternal psychodrive

i main fo and sometimes wish i had step+advance for a lot of situations, ra dodge roll is the worst anyway

back on topic basically anything can solo except for stuff like ranger/techer, fo with hp investment has it the easiest since you have unlimited healing (hp investment is for when you have human error and get hit) followed by probably gu/hu after justflip bonus was added
    100% certified quality post

the pso-world forums are a pvp-enabled zone

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Have you played force? Braver is amazing though, I think JRrecover + iron will + automate halfine would make you a beast solo, you'd have to fuck up really really really bad to die as that build.
    Yes, in significant amounts, but as unlucky said it has minimal defensive abilities.

For an ordinary, run of the mill generalist build, I feel br/hu is pretty much the best or easiest you can get right now. Good offense, good defense, good at range, good up close, not overly weak in any particular way. The defense isn't that great, but def requirements were reduced a while ago anyway.

Automate Deadline/Halfline + Iron Will. This would be the best combo for survivability, though it sacrifices offense greatly.
    I'm working on a fanfic!
    Click here to check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by LKA View Post
    i main fo and sometimes wish i had step+advance for a lot of situations, ra dodge roll is the worst anyway

back on topic basically anything can solo except for stuff like ranger/techer, fo with hp investment has it the easiest since you have unlimited healing (hp investment is for when you have human error and get hit) followed by probably gu/hu after justflip bonus was added
    In all honesty. Mirage escape is very situational but in terms of not taking dmg at all, it is better. In terms of reation time, step is better cause u can just step out and then continue whereas fo has to wait to phase back in and then wait for the charge time to finish.

My only concern is that u can still take dmg as hu. You still hv to take into consideration the range of the enemys attack as hu(or fi?). As fo, the enemys attack animation has prolly ended before you phase back in.

I don't understand the force has minimal defensive abilities argument, the dodge makes it so you never get hit. It's also ranged, so you're far away from most mob attacks, and when they do attack you, you easily dodge them. I have the easiest time on force compared to melee because I can kite and dodge anything I can't kite.

When solo you will be hit and flinched. This is just a given.