Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DA vs Bloody Sarabande Vs Backhand smash

Since dagger and knuckle got tools to do pew pew to bosses , I thought it could be good if we compared them

I think we can rule out backhand smash , it's really op vs non fast mobs to kill them in one hit and also fun to send them flying , but it uses looooots of pp and has a really short range , so even without counting that short range ( stationary bosses like vardha) , the pp will make it not do so much dps as the other 2

The one I have doubts with is bloody sarabande , it deals MORE damage per hit per da and has a fair horizontal range. The cons I can think off it's that against a mobile target bloody sarabande will fail hits as it does them slower than DA

Also there's the issue of the gear , dagger gear increases maybe like 500 damage per hit with 2 accumulations. DS gear is a standalone aoe attack that deals crazy damage if you can stick to the enemy too , so I think in that aspect DS wins over Daggers

So what do you think guys , can dagger dethrone DS as fighter 1 vs 1 weapon ? stand on par so you can use whichever you like ? or stand below it?

In any case I think dagger has taken the spot of mobbing weapon over sword/partisan

ED : Seems weird that a day where people can question this has arrived lol , until now that daggers were only an anti air weapon and now they do godly mobbing and can compete in 1 vs 1
    Last edited by kabutozero; Jul 30, 2013 at 01:50 PM.

STAND UP TO THE VICTORY !

is there a vid of this PA in action? this PA = sarabande
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

All the waves hit multiple enemies in range , the attack after the pause deals 3-4 or maybe a bit more hits

All the hits deal more damage than DA hits , at least for me with my dagger being clavelnix +10 with only quartz soul vs my DS with is bkb with power 3 and vol soul and a bit more element

For mobbing it is godly since it has a fair range and basically kills anything not big-sized with a hunter sub

STAND UP TO THE VICTORY !

I doubt it'll dethrone DA. It's a great PA with good damage, range, and mobbing potential, but in the time it takes to get off a single Sarabande you could've gotten off almost three DAs. Maybe if the damage is significantly better than DA, but otherwise I doubt it.

sword was a mobbing weapon?

BS will never beat assbust in all regards either. for big mobs BS is already better, for small/clustered mobs assbust can't be beat (WL with other spin deserves a mention here too)

backhand has the advantage over DA in speed, BS has the advantage over DA in safety. DA's advantage (in addition to having the best DPS currently, which is important for some situations) is that its method of aiming/range allows it to succeed where the other two can't.

imo, BS is actually better against mobile targets due to the parry and the fact that you can turn while executing it.

remember TD gear is getting a buff next week too
    Arie | Ship 2 | Ignition | TA Guide (not made by me) | Inactive on this forum

If we are talking about damage then here it goes.

In terms of boss killing Backhand smash gives DA a run for its money already watched a nico nico vid of one using it killing both Banther and banshee in 3 uses of it.

BS can mob better than Deadly Archer, but Assault Buster still mobs better than the 2 so it wins there DA cannot mob correctly giving its single point damage.

So as it stands.

Best boss killing PA

Backhand smash comes out on top Deadly Archer second.

Best mobbing PA

Assault Buster comes out on top Bloody Sarabande after.

Sig by Gama

How can you have a 'versus' thread between PAs with completely different utilities?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    How can you have a 'versus' thread between PAs with completely different utilities?
    I am guessing they are talking about strict pure damage against these PA's only, but is this falls under utility then yeah this thread is pointless.

Sig by Gama

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I heard the new double saber PA sucked.

But it's not even good for AOE either? I wanna see it. D:

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

The new DS PA is like DA if it went half as far, hit half as many times, and did less damage per hit.

But it goes in all directions instead of just in front of you.