Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More on Rares

Wouldn't I have to get more than one pyroxene weapon to boost the element up to 50? And last I remember, it takes quite a lot of them as well....

How much does 50 element do anyway? Compared to the 37 element I normally use, it shouldn't matter too much, should it? I never knew how elements figured into damage calcs in the first place though.

Quote Originally Posted by Syanas View Post
    Wouldn't I have to get more than one pyroxene weapon to boost the element up to 50? And last I remember, it takes quite a lot of them as well....

How much does 50 element do anyway? Compared to the 37 element I normally use, it shouldn't matter too much, should it? I never knew how elements figured into damage calcs in the first place though.
    As far as I know the element is literally a % bonus of damage in that element. So 50% of an element is +50% damage. That damage just happens to be of whatever element, since few enemies resist anything it doesn't really matter which you pick though.

Quote Originally Posted by Syanas View Post

You would, but since the pyroxene weapons are guaranteed to start at 30 element you would only need 12 or 15, which is like 1300 stones. At 50 stones a run you could do that in a week or two tops.

And 50 element isn't a straight 50% additional damage, but it's very significant. The 37 you already use is good, but you're also using a Tourmalinca with a little over half the R-atk you'd get out of a +10 Fleetmalinka. It'll be a big damage boost once you get it all put together.

you would need only 8 sukurais/tourmalincas to max out the element, first comes with 30% and then each of them adds 3%
    Last edited by jooozek; Jul 30, 2013 at 03:14 PM.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Skilled Fighter

with over 3000 hours i have yet gotten 11* from falz, played 95% of the emergencies, ikutachi took about 200 bears and yamas took about 300 bears.

like someone said the rares you really want will probably never drop. lol

wish the rates where like infinity

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Rares tend to drop when you don't want them. I got a Fossil Tricks the first day of the Fire Swirl EQ and by that time I had stop looking for them.

I guess that sounds worth the investment, just need to save up stones then. Better than trying to farm a bunch of rare weapons from even rarer enemies to max the element that way.

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    you would need only 8 sukurais/tourmalincas to max out the element, first comes with 30% and then each of them adds 3%
    Good deal.

Considering the price of most pyroxenes now (plus some of the latents), it's almost always the better option unless you just get that lucky.

why not just buy weapons off friends? I have over 1000 hours on my Hu/Fi and have never gotten a 10* Saber. I was using 9* Sabers for a long time. then one of my buddies sold me a G Nero with 41 light for 100k lol. you just gotta let them know ahead of time that you need a good weapon.

not sure if you have good friends tho lulz