Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The app looks neat. It will surely help more people
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Quote Originally Posted by Cirnopoly View Post
    Back when the site was just a single google spreadsheet, I made a tiny poll about who the mascot of the site will be. Cirno won with a landslide victory.
    Haha, good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher106 View Post
    I'll take a look at this, myself. Looks fairly interesting. You should also supply pictures for the items, too.
    I thought about this, but decided against it because the pictures would already be on your screen in-game anyway. It also means I would've had to design a layout for it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    so i started discussing about this without being aware of your tool.

made a mockup of a how it could be?

its what i have on my head. i think it would be cool to have something like this.
    An overlay certainly could be done. I feel like the effort would be much better put to use perfecting a translation patch, though it still might be useful if it became a nice and pretty overlay that shows extra stats/info not usually in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwraith007 View Post
    Ya'll are a bit late to the game, hmm?

It is working, completely in-game and apparently through the use of a single DLL file.
    They're working on integrating it with the other patches in such a way as to not open the floodgates for hacking/cheating.

Might wanna poke AIDA and see what programming knowledge and/or translation ability you can offer to em.
    Oh I'm quite aware, I only put this together in an hour as a stopgap solution because I didn't feel like waiting :P (servers were down, I figured it'd be fun and simple to do)
    While I'd love to help - reverse engineering and console game translation patches are my specialty - I don't realistically have the free time to be taking on another project.

That's also the reason I'm not too keen on improving it much beyond basic functionality; in the end it's inferior to an actual translation patch.

EDIT: For those who care, I just uploaded a new build and here's the updated source. Mainly just fixing up some items that didn't work before, the code got even more ugly because of it but hey.
    Last edited by arcnmx; Jul 31, 2013 at 10:04 PM.
    Ship: 2 :: Player ID: arcn

Quote Originally Posted by darkwraith007 View Post
    Ya'll are a bit late to the game, hmm?

It is working, completely in-game and apparently through the use of a single DLL file.
    They're working on integrating it with the other patches in such a way as to not open the floodgates for hacking/cheating.

Might wanna poke AIDA and see what programming knowledge and/or translation ability you can offer to em.
    I don't think I'm going to want to use that.

Quote Originally Posted by arcnmx View Post
    Example Screenshot (yes, it looks that terrible):
    Spoiler!
    Wow, I like the idea. I just don't entirely like the look currently. XD;

For the Layout, currently I think there's too much useless information there. I think all that is necessary is:
    "EN Name" "JP Name" "Description"
    Lots of the other stuff are either irrelevant (Cirnopedia: items)(AC Scratch), or easily accessable in-game (6* Rarity).

I think this program would become incredible with some good GUI though. Something like the PSO2 Chat Translator should be good. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204921
    Being able to overlay it ontop of a full screen game is nice, and so is the transparancy effect (which makes it look like a PSO2 window kinda) With just those two things implemented, I could see myself really using this tool for quick item-checks.

Those are just my 2cents for suggestions though, take it as you will.
    (Gama's mockup on Page2 looks visually pleasing, although IDK if the grinding bonuses are necessary. And we would probably want the Cirnopedia descriptions in the pop-up)

Also, Cirno is the strongest.

Quote Originally Posted by arcnmx View Post
    I was bored when the servers went offline so I decided to make this. Before anyone gets their hopes up, no, this isn't an item translation patch (I wish it were, but I don't have the time to take on the project proper - all this does is check your clipboard for copied Japanese words).

I hacked it together in an hour or two, it's convenient but bad. Suggestions are welcome but I can't guarantee I'll be spending much time improving it. Definitely let me know of obviously broken things though.

Download
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lffigaibzw...Translator.zip
    Example Screenshot (yes, it looks that terrible):
    Spoiler!

How It Works
    Whenever you copy the name of an item, the program looks up the translation on Google or Cirnopedia and displays it - you can click on it to bring you directly to the right Cirnopedia page in your web browser. The main drawback is that you need to keep the translator on a second monitor or alt-tab out of PSO to see it (you might want to turn on borderless fullscreen mode to make it quick). After using it a few times it should respond much quicker, since it keeps the Cirnopedia site cached.

For those that don't know, in-game you can select/hover an item in your inventory, storage, shops, etc. and hit Ctrl+C to copy it (you might have to click a few times to get rid of the item menu first), so it shouldn't be too hard to use. You can also use this to translate any copyable in-game messages, since it uses Google Translate as a backup if Cirnopedia fails.

Requirements
    Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or later.

Source
    If anyone wants to see just how bad it is or maybe make it less bad, here you go.

Thanks
    Whoever's behind Cirnopedia, you are awesome. Also... why Cirno?
    Would your translation guide work with the vita version? If not does anyone know where i could get my hands on a written translation guide?
    Add me on PSN: darkepyonuk/sega id: dasotine
    Currently playing on the PS Vita
    Tryce, Cast, Male, BR 65, Hu 49, Fi 31
    Dasotine, Human, Female, gu 46/ra 38