Default Is my Br/Hu Adequate

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...dncKsNJ2ib0006

My aim is a focus on Katana/Melee gameplay. It's aim is solely as a glass cannon, requiring superior dodging to stay alive (Something I'll need practice on ). Is this build optimized for DPS output? Any suggestions/criticism is appreciated. I just want to see people's opinions on what they think are the biggest DPS skills in the Br/Hu build.

I'd also like to ask what PAs I should focus on using as a Br/Hu. Anyone know any good combinations?

Also, What do you all propose a braver mag should look like? I made one in the skill tree but I'm not sure if I put enough dex/if I should add the braver mag skill. Anyone have any experience with this so f ar?

Thank you PSOW for your time (First time posting here)

Edit: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...dncKsAcFib0006

This skill build also looks interesting, has anyone had any success with this one? It seems like it would be a very effective build without giving up that much DPS
    Last edited by thisismycake; Jul 31, 2013 at 08:34 PM.

only need step attack/JR on one tree

I'd recommend ditching sword and maybe WL gear, sword will save you 5 points and that's kind of useful for hunter (if not now, it will be ifwhen we get more skill points to work towards fury stance 2).

Remember katana combat can only be used every 90 secs, since it's supposed to be your main I won't tell you to ditch it, but know the risks. (like OE it's good for burst but not as much for DPS)

Be sure to learn what bosses you want to use weak stance on and which ones you don't (this is personal preference)

also while you might want to use katana to kill all mobs, partizan and gunslash will be more efficient in some situations (not to mention upgrading them is currently much cheaper).

as for PAs-

katana - sakura for big things, kanran if surrounded
    bow - master shot, kamikaze (the AoE bow PAs suck compared to your other weapons)
    partizan - assault buster and slide end (ofc)
    gunslash - additional bullet (ofc)

DO NOT get JR cover, and if you plan to main melee just make an satk mag and ignore braver mag.

and have fun learning the bosses.
    Arie | Ship 2 | Ignition | TA Guide (not made by me) | Inactive on this forum

So would Bullet Bow potentially be better at outputting higher damage than katanas on an average?

Also, thank you for the detailed response

Quote Originally Posted by thisismycake View Post
    So would Bullet Bow potentially be better at outputting higher damage than katanas on an average?
    Single target, in most cases, yes. for multiple targets any of the other 3 weapons I noted are better (if you like WL you can use that too once you get an allclass one).

Some weapons just work better against some enemies. some weapons are good against a lot of different types of enemies. what I said was just a starting point - it comes down to the way you want to play the game.
    Arie | Ship 2 | Ignition | TA Guide (not made by me) | Inactive on this forum