Default Gunner: is chain trigger usefull at all?

is it? i used it and i see no diference in damage or no effects at all....

It's not the best thing in the world, but yes it helps. You know how it works right? You build up a combo by hitting the same spot over and over and then finish it with a PA that gets bonus damage, the more hits you get (up to 100) the higher the damage multiplier for the PA.

At the moment, it's only best if used for burst damage. Also, the best boss-killing skill there is atm.
    I'm working on a fanfic!
    Click here to check it out!

It's not that good of a skill by itself imo, though it can give you some crazy burst when paired up with weak bullet.

Take this coming from a long time GU primary user: As vantwan123 said, alone it is weak but if can pair it up with another multiplier source then it is strong. Something like weak stance or WB or enemy weak spot or JA S-Roll, find a source for extra damage and use CT to nuke it, you be happy to see 250k ER hits in one PA (totaling over 1 mil for the full PA, it was hard to do).

The kill is useless when mobbing, unless it is a large mob.

I can't call myself a GU/RA without it. I generally hear people saying go for 100 combo for Chain Trigger. If I could give you my advice i'd say don't go higher than a 20 combo if you have weak bullet. With WB 20 hits is all you need to kill most bosses or leave them next to dead. In the best situation I've dealt 568k damage to Falz with WB + 20CT and Elder Rebellion.

If I had the points to max out S-Roll JA it would probably be about double that number. Keep in mind though all these instances I am talking about are from boss fights. Mobbing with CT is a waste.

1, 10, or 20 hits. Anything more is too risky, or takes you out of the fight too long to be worth the gains from higher chain.

The entire point of CT is to increase your damage. Time spent building a chain is time taken away from doing reasonable damage. Then if the target moves or dies, you lose your entire bonus.

1 hit CT is a kind of tacked on "why not?" which you can set before you approach something, even with WBs in your rifle, then just play normally with an extra damage multiplier.

10 or 20 hits is easy to get and give you the greatest return for your time. Quickly build it up during a target's short window of vulnerability and get in as much damage as you can. Any higher chain would come from your party, just consider that as bonus.

100 hits can raise your max damage record, but generally you'll never make full use of it in a real fight. You need your party and the target's cooperation for such a long time that I don't feel it's worth it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    100 hits can raise your max damage record, but generally you'll never make full use of it in a real fight. You need your party and the target's cooperation for such a long time that I don't feel it's worth it at all.
    Or have at least another Gunner helping you to get near 100 chain. (4 GUs with wb and 4x100 chain is pretty dam funny)

But yeah, as UnLucky and the post above already said, never go above 20+ CT. Takes too much time, I usually go for 30-40 at the most any higher would just be me using the time to restore PP.

20 CT is just basically all 3 of your auto-attacks and 20-30 CT is already tripling your damage without WB.

it's boss only and it's pretty hard to keep the counter to the max in Z mode
    idk why but i can't play with the lock-on mode so i keep it at lv 1 ...

I must add that the new JA roll almost DOUBLES your damage. now top that off with a good CT+WB, possibly the highest form of burst damage you could ever achieve in this game.

As people have mentioned, CT is there to compliment with damage multipliers. alone, it is weak.
    ”If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident.“