Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Just forget about NA PSO2. It'll be full of new players and chat spam. I don't want Block 20 to be every block. And I want to play with competent players. NA PSO2 would be full of morons.

PSU NA had some pretty good players. B20 isn't all bad, just a few one that block just prefer to be social rather then play the game through missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Neferpitou View Post
    Just forget about NA PSO2. It'll be full of new players and chat spam. I don't want Block 20 to be every block. And I want to play with competent players. NA PSO2 would be full of morons.
    Implying that all Japanese players are just top-notch upstanding players...give me a break

However for anyone experienced PSO2 NA would feel like a bunch of morons.
    Lost my original PSO character (memory file corrupted appearantly) so I'm sad. T_T

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

If you wanted to avoid morons you most certainly would not be coming to this forum.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

Quote Originally Posted by Light dragon View Post
    However for anyone experienced PSO2 NA would feel like a bunch of morons.
    Now that's just pretentious sounding. You would think that you would be happy to show newer players the ropes if they don't know what to do.

But instead you would just be like, "Join the jap server, It's 1 million times better than the stupid NA one because its the original." (join the dark side, we have cake!)

Look If you prefer to stay in japan, That's your prerogative. If it ever does come out here (although that's wishful thinking at this point) I would hope you would at least have to decency not to try and coerce people into switching servers.

@Masakan Oh no personally I am waiting for an international release for I can play with my girl ^_^ and I would definitely not tell people to join JP server mostly because it is a lot of hoop jumping just to play and at point said jumping is pointless. If you didn't do it originally what is the point later?

@Freshellent For personal opinion I think this forum is a lot better off than most.
    Lost my original PSO character (memory file corrupted appearantly) so I'm sad. T_T

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    Who do you blame, SoJ or SoA? x2 Blame Combo?

Are some of you only playing the JP version just to pass the time until a localized one happens? Would this soil your enjoyment of JP PSO2? Would you continue to play? Would you do anything? Write SEGA angry letters? Go to PAX and kick the guy at the SEGA booth? Are you one of those people that will not be the least bit surprised? You saw it coming? No skin off your back?

Bonus Question : Will the translation team continue to update the english measures they currently have if an official english version was to release?

I'm curious!

Spoiler!
    To answer your questions in order,
    Who cares who's fault it is? If they aren't making a western version, it's time to throw a party!
    I'm only going to play the JP version of PSO2, because I played on the US PSP2 servers.
    No it would not spoil my enjoyment of JP PSO2.
    No, I wouldn't do anything other than throw a metaphorical party.
    No.
    I might do that either way.
    Not surprised in the slightest.

The English patch Dev team has already stated that they will be using the Official English names if they ever do release a western version.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalDude View Post
    FF? Sorry, but 13 was atrocious, 13-2 was mediocre. Just wanted to throw that out there.
    I loved 13! 13 was pretty good. At least to me.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Quote Originally Posted by darkwraith007 View Post
    Here's the rub, said much more clearly in this video.

The non-Asian market (the markets outside of Japan, Taiwan, China, Korea, and nearby countries) has not always been the most profitable market for certain games.
    Localization still costs a significant amount of money, although large companies like SEGA could drop the money on it in a heartbeat.

This is speculation on my part, but I believe that translators take their sweet time with things since they want to make sure they remain employed on a long-term basis. Why would they risk doing a fast/fantastic job, then getting fired & replaced in time for the next patch? If they're paid by the hour then it makes perfect sense for them to take as long as possible. If they're paid by the job, then it makes far less sense.

Since the post-crash of 1983, the video gaming boom was largely attributed to Nintendo's fantastic gamble at being able to revive video games as a viable economic force of entertainment. The failure of SEGA and the way Nintendo is struggling with the WiiU has many Asian developers looking to 'easier' and more profitable markets closer to home.

We (non-asian gamers) demand too much. We are less tolerant of bugs/glitches/crashes (for the most part). We're highly intolerant of 'buying power' in F2P games. We're very vocal and outspoken. Many of us are highly opinionated on how developers should do things and constantly seek to tell them how to do their job.
    Asian developers don't want to deal with it. They don't care at all. They just want happy loyal profitable players that will play any shit garbage they spew out into the market. But the tides are changing.
    Blade and Soul, a typical Korean-focused MMO by a Korean company, failed *miserably* in the market and was absolutely DESTROYED by the competition. Tides are changing to where even many Asian gamers are not willing to put up with shoddy quality and crappy support.

The era of 'quality over quantity' is over, essentially. We get a small bit of content with high quality, or a lot of content with very low quality. Expenses have also gone up, but so has executive compensation.

And the final bit to all this is ego. Many Asian developers have this fucking ego that says they have to have X profit projections in order to even consider a market viable. They don't care about the fans or catering to a niche market. They aren't worried about it. Many Japanese developers and gamers in particular have been infected with a dire case of Xenophobia. Their tightly-homogenized society is one that feels comfortable and familiar to them so they don't bother with anything else. Why bother? :P

I find it sad though. I wish SEGA would get their heads out of their asses and realize the non-Asian markets are just waiting to throw money at them if they started making certain smart decisions. But instead of that, they're just taking their ball and going home like a spoiled child. NO YOU CANT HAVE MY BALL I DONT LIKE THE WAY YOU LOOK HAHA!
    Many of these behaviors by both developers and players are borderline-racist in their hostility and attitudes.

Non-Asian gamers have been getting screwed out of very good content for decades, and it is only getting worse as time goes along.
    The ONLY good 'Back to the Future' game? Only in Japan for the Super Famicom. >_<
    Man....you laid down da truth. Im gonna buy you a beer