Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Magus_84 View Post
    So you'd rather have maps be like PSO quests? Where it's the same enemy layouts and the same map all the time?

Or like PSO non-quest levels, where it's randomized among a set few maps, but the enemy layout's the same every time?

I'm biased, because I like the stuff like the random boss spawns, but I'm trying to figure out what your ideal better option would be.
    I'd prefer it if it meant more complex designs and larger maps.

But if it's just the same stuff we have now in the same scales, like say the beach EQ, then god no.

I'm surprised jumping is getting this much hate. Personally, I love it. As for my most favorite mechanic tweak, there's a whole bunch of things that appear on the list. Really, PSO2 is improved in a whole bunch of ways over its predecessors, even if it suffers from some flaws. However, there's one thing that sticks out at the top of the list with absolutely zero competition in my eyes.

NO MORE MISSING. Not getting fucked over by the RNG which decided a crucial part of your combo should fail, allowing the enemy to gangbang you has enhanced my enjoyment of the series tenfold. If I had to go back and play Blue Burst, I don't know how long I'd last into Ultimate while trying to get my ATA to a respectable level.

As for my least favorite, I'd say charging techniques. In of itself, it's not that bad, but the way it's done leaves barely a sliver of niche applications for uncharged techs.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I'd prefer it if it meant more complex designs and larger maps.

But if it's just the same stuff we have now in the same scales, like say the beach EQ, then god no.
    That would be awesome, but...Sega.

The "level will be a random collection of different spawns" thing it's currently at now is better IMO than something like the old-school PSO map setup.

Also, I really don't get the hate on jumping. Compare it to something like GW2, where the jumping mechanics are both a thousand times worse and required for certain content.

Is it just a melee thing with flyers that go out of your range? That's not jumping's fault, that's Sega not doing a proper height limit on the things.

And this. A thousand times this:

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    NO MORE MISSING. Not getting fucked over by the RNG which decided a crucial part of your combo should fail, allowing the enemy to gangbang you has enhanced my enjoyment of the series tenfold. If I had to go back and play Blue Burst, I don't know how long I'd last into Ultimate while trying to get my ATA to a respectable level.
    It's cost us a lot of Fomar jokes, but in the end, it's a perfectly acceptable tradeoff.

What I mean is a few premade, memorable, intelligently designed and reasonably complex map layouts versus the randomized junk which can be from a waffle to a straight line and the areas feel totally forgettable.

Anyway, it's just meaningless to talk about. PSO2 is what it is, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Magus_84 View Post
    Also, I really don't get the hate on jumping. Compare it to something like GW2, where the jumping mechanics are both a thousand times worse and required for certain content.
    You mean Jumping Puzzles? The puzzles where the core mechanic is... jumping?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    Yes! This is a big one. Removing missing was a great thing to do.

The problem with RNG maps is that they all turn into a boring slurry of same-y maps whose only real benefits are what codes can happen. There's this perpetuating feeling throughout the entire game of "Didn't I just do this but with slightly different enemies and different wallpaper and music?". Absolutely nothing feels unique, exciting, interesting, or well-designed. And for hunting purposes it's horribly discouraging. It is honestly one of the cruxes of PSO2's problems alongside the weapon upgrading system and pretty much any form of combat that requires getting into the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    You mean Jumping Puzzles? The puzzles where the core mechanic is... jumping?
    Moreso Fractals. Specifically Cliffside and Uncategorized. I'm bad enough at jumping that I don't even do those with non-guild groups, as I slow down the group too much.

I'd like jumping puzzles a lot more if the jumping mechanics were more like PSO2's, but I usually avoid the puzzles themselves unless they're required (like with the kites).

Those cases are why I made a lot of Mesmer friends.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalDude View Post
    The problem with RNG maps is that they all turn into a boring slurry of same-y maps whose only real benefits are what codes can happen. There's this perpetuating feeling throughout the entire game of "Didn't I just do this but with slightly different enemies and different wallpaper and music?". Absolutely nothing feels unique, exciting, interesting, or well-designed. And for hunting purposes it's horribly discouraging. It is honestly one of the cruxes of PSO2's problems alongside the weapon upgrading system and pretty much any form of combat that requires getting into the air.
    This issue was mentioned back in another thread last month about the Maps being either too big or too small with nothing special about it.

Some of the posters (including me) suggested adding multiple special features for each map type and MPA.

Seriously, with the exception of Ruins, Sanctum, and Beach, all the MPAs feels just like a re-skin of the other one. What they need is something that defines the MPA/MAP rather than just scenery and texture difference.

Example: Desert/volcano--->Heatwave effect that hurts the player(s) or something along the line.