Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I probably still won't believe it.

It will be troll haven... if I can ever get passed feeling bad or guilty about the attempts at trolling.. then just maybe.. maybe i'll try it out~

I'd need back up for sure~

Characters: 綾 / マリア / ID: AyakoTakahashi / Signature by Rock Eastwood~

If it does hit our shores, by that point the current community will probably have 100% translated the JP version and there'd be no point throwing away all your progress. The "BUT SUPPORT SOA!!!" people will be a pretty tiny minority when most of them realize the US version will be three years behind JP at this rate.

So are they still calling them "D-arkers"? Eugh.

All I took from that article is that Sega of America cares about there sonic games more than other games they have or "soon" to be released.

Seriously? 3 more Sonic Games? When is having too much Sonic is enough already?

I still don't see how this is reasonable for NA/EU PSO2 delay in my opinion.
    They didn't even mentioned why PSO2 is still delayed or any reasons why it was delayed in the first place.

The "at some point" sounds like they are planning another so called "delay".
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Aug 8, 2013 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    All I took from that article is that Sega of America cares about there sonic games more than other games they have or "soon" to be released.

Seriously? 3 more Sonic Games? When is having too much Sonic is enough already?

I still don't see how this is reasonable for NA/EU PSO2 delay in my opinion.
    Sonic has to be the one single brand most people see and immediately identify with Sega. I mean, with Nintendo you've got this whole array of titles and characters, but Sega?

There's uh...Sonic...and the yellow fox and the red black dude. Are they in the same games? And then there's uh...

eggman?

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    If it does hit our shores, by that point the current community will probably have 100% translated the JP version and there'd be no point throwing away all your progress. The "BUT SUPPORT SOA!!!" people will be a pretty tiny minority when most of them realize the US version will be three years behind JP at this rate.

So are they still calling them "D-arkers"? Eugh.
    I'd move over just to have easier access to the item mall.

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

I can't help but laugh, bitterly.

I'm with giga on this, even when it comes out- I still won't believe it. I do want to support them, but nothing short of a Steam release is gonna do anything for this game in NA. It -has- to be on Steam and could use a few NA commercials as well.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

They'd probably have to redo the F2P aspects of it. Doubt Dudu would be received well either...

Quote Originally Posted by Freshellent View Post
    I can't help but laugh, bitterly.

I'm with giga on this, even when it comes out- I still won't believe it. I do want to support them, but nothing short of a Steam release is gonna do anything for this game in NA. It -has- to be on Steam and could use a few NA commercials as well.
    Dood you had me so fuckin freaked out, I see this new name of yours on the active users list and I'm all "hah, that'd be a name he'd use" and then I see this name with your sig and I'm like whaaaaat the fuck.

Shut up I've been driving all day >_>

In all seriousness, I agree--if this game does come this way, Steam would be the way to go. Sega strikes me as the type to want complete control over things though, so I'd be surprised if it went in that direction. I think there was a pretty large portion of us that would have happily gone over to the US side when they were first talking about a US release, but with the fantastic work of our community providing all kinds of useful patches and the ever-increasing content gap, I have a feeling any US servers that may eventually open would be pretty barren now.

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

Yeah, I've been getting some pretty funny reactions, PMs and page comments. I needed to retire the old name as it's less relevant now and I'm getting more attached to this new one as the days pass. There's a few more reasons, too. But whateves.

Yeah, it's kind of a difficult situation right now. There's so much progress on the translations that I don't know how to feel about it. I'm grateful, eitherway!

I'll repeat myself though, I think Steam is the way to go. They have to do it, there's no way around it. They can do cash stuff through them too, release packs. I'll pay 10 bucks for costume packs and whatever if I have to, whatever is fine. Make sales for Premium, etc. Champions didn't do a lot right, but the cashshop was... decent. At times anyway.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-