Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chivien View Post
    IN most of the teams that I've gone to, they all functioned like they hate B20 out of pure hatred. WHen I asked why, they all said B20 is full of stupid people and trolls.
    Whenever I tried to talk, it seems like nobody ever replies and all of the managers always get annoyed by my behaviors and can't seem to take a joke with their dry sense of humor. Old players gang up on new players and almost no social interaction is allowed in team unless you're kissing the managers. The team leader is almost nowhere to be seen leaving the managers roaming and kicking all the members they like. They all like to kiss up some girls ass whenever they heard someone is a girl for like no reasons and like to talk to girls but the common members are put behind and are never replied.
    Where 're all the nice teams seriously, team does no productivity whatsoever I just want to have fun but It seems like I have to please everyone to have fun then so I quit searching for team.
    L. m. a. o.

What you've just described is pretty darn accurate of what a team in PSO2 consists of, but there there is actually a pretty legitimate reason for it. It's most because of the game itself, and I'll explain why.

There isn't much to do in PSO2. Of the things there are to do, none of them experience increased efficiency in completion due to playing with team members so much as they do playing with good players who happen to be on your team. There is no recruitment policy on most of the English teams, it's just come and get it. This means you're going to have a wide range of both personalities and skill levels bunched together in one team chat.

Inevitably, this is going to lead to disagreements because some will feel strongly about performance here, while some will not. Teams just aren't built in the same way a strong guild in other MMOs that require good team work and synchronicity in order to be successful are. In such a guild, you must demonstrate or illustrate your goals or objectives with the game, so that the officers or guild leader can decide if they are in line with the rest of the group. Assuming they do align, you are invited, and it's because it was seemingly a good fit. This means the likelihood of you getting along with the others already on the team is very high, because you all have the same goals in mind, and working together is easier to that point. These things are, IMO, essential to the formation of a cohesive guild/team, but PSO2 in and of itself lacks the qualities to necessitate these requisites.

This frays in to your other mentions. Usually officers in guilds of other MMO games where the above is the case, these types of players have reached this position out of demonstration of not only their abilities in the game, but their ability to lead. That's why in many other games you get "Class officers", someone who can speak for the other players of their class in the team, because they have demonstrated their knowledge enough to do so. In PSO2, without content that requires any sort of constructed or organized planning, you can't point these types of players out easily, so thus, usually "friends" or "friends of friends" end up as managers early on in the making of the team. This doesn't mean all managers are bad, but it means bad apples leak through pretty often, and very easily.

The boys fawning over the girls thing is not really unusual. Boys will be boys (no matter the age), and guys have been drooling over online chicks since the dawn of online gaming.

Right now the only activity in the game that is meant to foster team effort is the tree, and as you can probably deduct, isn't enough. Getting a team MPA for an EQ or a Falz is generally always more trouble than it's worth, and you're constantly having to deal with a variety of players and folks who in all likelihood have a different idea of how to play the game than you. Constant friction is never fun. That being said there's nothing much you can do about it until SEGA mans up and adds "hard" content. Maybe a mission that you can only enter with a party of 4 people only from the same team? This would effectively "force" in-team play, especially if they put worthwhile rewards behind such a thing.

The only reply I ever had from managers from many teams while trying to communicate are " you're annoying" and "nobody cares", in most cases it turns to " stop being a troll", and then some guild manager says this " please avoid drama , because mister *beep* have been with this team for 1 year now, you're not in our favor , if you can't contain yourself and be quiet, I will kick you"
    That's messed up ... the top circle is just a circle of friends are they, what's the point of making a team if you can't have a proper communication with people on team chat. When I asked why I was ignored ppl said " you're going to have to use raidcall then, please keep team chat free off useless information and spam "

That just sounds like a team stuck in its ways. They're around. Cliques are a big problem for a lot of teams, and most of them are ignorant to it.

A lot of people say B20 is full of stupid people and trolls because it's an easy scapegoat. The fact is, most of the people/teams making those calls have as much a mix of strong and weak players as B20 does. That's not to say B20 is devoid of trolls, but it has as many trolls as you'd find in most major english teams.

Also, people in this game really, REALLY love to hate each other. I don't know if it's the lack of competition (which is only lacking because they don't take part in it), or if it's just a culture thing at this point, but even the nicest teams have some strong misgivings.
    Arie | Ship 2 | Ignition | TA Guide (not made by me) | Inactive on this forum

IMO, you are joining a wrong team. Not to be rude to them, but they seems so harsh to newbies/players who they are not too familiar with.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Quote Originally Posted by NeverDT View Post
    Also, people in this game really, REALLY love to hate each other. I don't know if it's the lack of competition (which is only lacking because they don't take part in it), or if it's just a culture thing at this point, but even the nicest teams have some strong misgivings.
    lol i just sit and watch

I usually just do things on my own, but Block 20 is always filled up anyways....

But I've been there before. Sometimes it has up moments, other times it's just...... yeah. (I can only imagine what it will be like if this game launches in English)

Usually I find tons of English players off of Block 20 anyways so that works for me.
    DJMetals Ship 2
    BR/FI/HU

*pseudo-comical old ranting voice alert*

I was in game with my account back during the first few batches of UI English patches were being created.

Thanks to the hard work of AIDA and the rest of their translation team, you kids now can enjoy nearly 90% of the game in English, but it still ain't enough, is it? :P

Back in my day, EVERYTHING except the UI was in Japanese, and even then the UI didn't get translated properly for WEEKS! Ya'll got poor AIDA workin their asses off to get out updates on a near-daily basis to fix bugs and yet that ain't enough or even worth a thanks from many of the folk >_>

I was there back when B20 on Ship02 was the focal point of the English PSO2 community. They adverted it on NeoGAF primarily (which explains a lot of the trolls) but apparently 4chan wanted to crash the party and joined up as well.

The general consensus was to use B20 for hooking up into groups, but then once the group was made, switch to a non-congested block before jumping into the instanced zones. That way, it would cause less stress for the server and less lag for everyone else.

Unfortunately, you're dealing with two of the largest asshole-troll communities on the internet. Hence, that's what ya get >_>

B20 has a terrible reputation for a reason, but a lot of it has died down since a lotta people just flat out quit and went onto other games (Guild Wars 2, Vindictus, RaiderZ, Aion, whatever, etc).

I'm so saddened by what Aion has become. NcSoft killed the original vision then desecrated the corpse, put some new clothes on it (with the bones still showing) and call it a new game as long as they keep adding trinkets and flashy stuff to that corpse.
    Game: Phantasy Star Online 2 (JP servers)
    Ship: 02
    Account: Will_Smith
    Character: Rei (07H/08R/09F)
    -LF more English-speaking friends
    -R.I.P. @ SEGA NA

If you just join random guilds you never know what you are going to get. This game isn't really hard, so there isn't really much "team" coordination required which means some players generally run out and do their own thing.

If you join a random team where you know no one in it then you are basically rolling the dice on whether or not you will like any of the players in it. If you play with certain players and you like them then you should try to get into their team. If you like the chat in B20 and enjoy talking to the players there you should join try to join their team. If you want a team that fits you, you will basically need to put a bit more effort into which team you decide to join, not just the first random one that picks you up. Don't be surprised if you just join some random team and it turns out that you don't like them.

Well, they sort of have a point with the B20 thing. B20 has a lot of circlejerk "look-how-funny-I-am-guys!!!!" pseudo-trolling that goes on, but some of the people are genuinely nice and interesting.

But, everything else you say your team is doing is pretty garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Well, they sort of have a point with the B20 thing. B20 has a lot of circlejerk "look-how-funny-I-am-guys!!!!" pseudo-trolling that goes on, but some of the people are genuinely nice and interesting.

But, everything else you say your team is doing is pretty garbage.
    PSOW is the best example for the "Circle Jerking" LOL!! 8D!!!!

Characters: 綾 / マリア / ID: AyakoTakahashi / Signature by Rock Eastwood~