1 4.35%
  • Wind

2 8.70%
  • Light (Excluding Resta and Anti)

10 43.48%
  • Dark

1 4.35%

Default Most useful element?

Which element, between Fire, Ice, Lightning, Wind, Light and Dark (Poison), is the most useful to have around?

Just to be clear, I'm talking about the spells.
    Last edited by Raging Ghost; Aug 10, 2013 at 07:45 PM.

From a thread before, the said most prefer element was light; fire and maybe lighting too. Mainly because most things are weak to them and darkers are everywhere.

vs darkers: Light
    vs machines: Lightning
    vs otherwise: Fire

ed: Techs only? Fire is overall the best, good utility and damage, plus lots of enemies are weak to it.

Lightning has Zondeel with the best utility, but you don't need to spec for damage to get it. The rest of the lightning techs don't cover many different situations (some not being good in any situation) so it loses out overall.

Light would be the best general tech school, since they have good utility, damage, and weak targets, but doesn't get something like Flame S Charge or Bolt PP Save, and you must be Fo/Te to get the most out of your techs. Fire or Lightning can be used as Fo/Te, Fo/Fi, or Fo/Br to a competent degree.

Ice, Wind, and Dark have too few useful spells, no useful modifying skill, and not many enemies weak to them. And no, Namegid is not good against every boss, or even most bosses, or even a lot of bosses. It's weaker than even using Samegid for the entire charge duration instead. Better PP conservation, and it is an auto-target, but as for pure damage it's not so far and away amazing that it's worth using instead of a good tech you are specced into and the target is weak to.
    Last edited by UnLucky; Aug 10, 2013 at 08:05 PM.

Is this a poll for techs? Might wanna specify in OP, was under the impression it was for elements until I saw the option for Light.

My vote went to fire because every single tech in it is useful (Gifoie competing with Safoie aside). Foie for linear, multi-hitting damage, Gifoie for good crowd control with its flinching capabilities, Rafoie for targeting things that can't normally be hit otherwise and things with easy to target weak points, Safoie for a good close range mobbing tool that effectively locks enemies down with hitstun, and Nafoie for pure damage output. Fire kinda needs maxed out Flame S Charge and PP Convert 6/9 to really shine though, too weak without the former and eats up PP too quickly without the latter. Nafoie would be the best DPS available to a Force if it weren't for its PP cost restricting its usage, but even then PP Convert 6/9 should be enough to use it effectively.

Obviously, it would be a bad idea to only use one elemental branch of techs, but if you're looking for a "best" element to spec in, well, *shrugs*
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Aug 10, 2013 at 07:22 PM.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

I think he's talking about weapon with element attributes.

Ahmmm you say Resta and Anti so you mean Techs!?!
    Nowadays Dark cause everything dies to your fire or lightning tree anyway, but the new dark spell is a winner against a lot of bosses (not ones that dig under a lot like Gwanahda or Catendran/Catendransa).

Light/Fire win overall if we discard that spell, in my eyes. Fire is more likely to already be boosted by your tree, but darkers are everywhere!
    Edit: For weapons I say Light because Darkers are everywhere and the new map has a lot of Light weak enemies. Plus Falz.
    Last edited by deahamlet; Aug 10, 2013 at 07:43 PM.

Most useful, well, I have almost every single spell available to me minus the really useless ones like Zanverse.

I'd say zondeel, zan, namegid are up at the top.

But it depends on the situation.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Light is the most expensive and generally viewed as the best because Darkers spawn in every area.

All techs have at least 2-3 useful spells per element depending on the situation, enemy, and boss.
    minus the really useless ones like Zanverse.
    Zanverse is not useless at all, it's incredibly powerful. 20%-28% damage boost to everyone hitting the enemy.

United Arks Defender NintenJon25's Avatar

It really boils down to where you do your runs, to be honest.

Since I'm a Premium member, I would have multiple skill sets that specialize in different techs based on the quest that I'd do runs on. For instance, Forest would be Fire, Wind, and Light. Volcanic Caverns would be Ice and Light. Etc.

However, if we're talking about the general consensus of the game here, then it's definitely a tie between Fire and Light.