Thread: Ranger / Braver

Default Ranger / Braver

Hello. I appologise if this has been answered a few times before. I used the search function but only got very very long threads that I didn't fancy going through =/

Does weak stance from braver stack with the ranger passive for making the heads of enemies weak spots? From what I've seen, it doesn't. but it's still low level so it's hard to really tell :/

Yes, they stack multiplicatively. Braver's skilltree doesn't offer as much as a hunter sub does, though, and there aren't any good high level allclass bows so ra/br isn't really advisable for its damage. Br/ra would be better for that since higher level allclass rifles and launchers do exist, but that's also not as versatile as br/hu because of the conditional skills. You do get weak bullet with br/ra though, which is handy in a group.

ahh! awesome. cheers for the tip. I had no idea there were all-class rifles and launchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharn View Post
    ahh! awesome. cheers for the tip. I had no idea there were all-class rifles and launchers.
    If you do Dark Falz enough you'll get items you can trade in for a nice 10 star assault rifle and launcher. These are all-class, and are light-element

Also, there are a few all-class bows, but being able to use the best of the best as a Braver main class is ideal if bows are your focus.

The main difference between hunter and ranger subclass seems to be thusly: with ranger you get even more weak point damage and access to Weak Bullet, however hunters get Fury Stance which stacks with Weak Stance/Average Stance (different class and all), and will do more damage if you fudge shooting at a weak point and hit a normal spot instead.

I personally prefer ranger subclass as it gives me access to Killing Bonus, which helps with PP regen. I also have Trap Search, because I really really really hate getting stuck in traps. I like knowing where they are so I can clear them for myself and my group before they get stuck (or so I know where they are so I can laugh as a friend unwittingly rushes headlong into one).

I'll have to try Hunter subclass at some point. It seems like Fury Stance winds up giving it a bit of a damage edge, but it takes away some fun advantages of Ranger.

Edit: Come to think of it, Ranger winds up getting two skills' worth of Standing Snipe (increased damage while standing still) and two skills' worth of Weak Hit Advance. They also get more raw R-attack. So, yeah, a bow focus will do well with Ranger subclass.
    Last edited by Nikoshae; Aug 15, 2013 at 10:10 AM.

I'm nearly lvl 40 at the moment, so dark falz is a fair way off for me. but it's good to know. it seems with the all-class gear, ranger offers no real benefit as a main. but i'm going to stick to ranger as a sub at least. I've been a ranger since PSO for the dreamcast and it feels wrong to change that. plus the launchers and assault rifles are cool, I love the Stun Grenades and as you said, trap search is really handy.

Still weighing up between hunter sub or braver main but I'm leveling my hunter to unlock fighter at the moment just so I got all the classes. I love the idea of the Bow, the ability to recover health on a just reversal and a freakin KATANA! but it's kind of hard to ignore the damage bonus the hunter gives. Plus giant swords and partisans are really cool, too.

though I have noticed that braver offers a lot of dex and r-atk too. are they worth weighing up much in this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kharn View Post
    Still weighing up between hunter sub or braver main but I'm leveling my hunter to unlock fighter at the moment just so I got all the classes. .
    -off topic-
    Or level up Braver and still get fighter is a choice since it unlocks all advance classes but then you'll need all-class hunter weapons =/

-on topic-
    Br/Ra has the advantage of stacking weak stance with weak bullet since weak bullet turns that spot into a weak spot thus giving weak stance's its bonus.

Ra/Br isn't really recommended at the time being since Braver is still a young class and dose not have as much weapons in its category as others, not to mention the lack good all-class bows as well.

So Br/Ra is the way to go but you may want to consider Br/Hu or Ra/Hu since you stated that you may consider leveling up hunter.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Aug 15, 2013 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    -off topic-
    Or level up Braver and still get fighter is a choice since it unlocks all advance classes
    WHAT!? ah god dammit -_- wish I knew that before I started leveling my hunter >D

as for the weak stance vs fury stance thing, Fury stance multiplies all damage done so would also apply to weak spots I imagine. I think I worked it out at 170% damage from fury stance on a just attack vs 140% damage from weak stance. (150% If I used a bow) plus whatever the extra +50 R-atk does for the damage.

For raw damage, I suspect hunter wins flat out (unless the extra stats from braver makes a much bigger difference than I think it does) but Braver has the heal from a just reversal and bows which add to range versatility, not to mention you can get the full benefit from weak stance from a MUCH lower level.

If you have holy ray (and can use it) Br/Ra is actually not that different than Ra/Hu, weak stance + add bullet / cluster bullets to mob, wb + homing AND Bows for bossing. Actually party-ed with one Br/Ra at some TA runs and he did quite fast and decently using bow as his main weapon