Default (Braver) Newb looking help

Hey all!

Iam a new player and i have some questions.
    Playing a ranger on level 20 atm, iam a bit bored with how they work, so i switched to a braver, which suits me alot better.

Question 1: If i want to use katanas ONLY, should i only focus on SATK stats on my mag? (Already leveld my mag to lvl 10 with R-ATK/DEX cuz of my ranger btw)

Question 2: I can set the photon arts on the katana, but when i auto attack, the right mouse button swaps between PA's everytime i attack. I find it pretty hard to use the PA i want if they keep switching all the time.
    Do i just have to get used to that or use only thesame PA on all 3 slots?
    Any tips are more then welcome!

Thx in advance

Gaarman!

Quote Originally Posted by gaarman View Post
    Question 1: If i want to use katanas ONLY, should i only focus on SATK stats on my mag? (Already leveld my mag to lvl 10 with R-ATK/DEX cuz of my ranger btw)
    Since Katanas are S-ATK based, it would be better of course. But MAGs are often used to raise stats in order to be able to equip Weapons or Units earlier. So, it's not that grave. Really !

Question 2: I can set the photon arts on the katana, but when i auto attack, the right mouse button swaps between PA's everytime i attack. I find it pretty hard to use the PA i want if they keep switching all the time.
    Do i just have to get used to that or use only thesame PA on all 3 slots?
    That's because you used Riffles when you were a RAnger (with fixed PA on its palettes). But with Katana and many other Weapons, there's an auto "PA rotation" and you'd better get used to it... Switching nonstop because you put the same three PA on each palette may be difficult when you need to be focused on the battlefield !

Please use the search tool, or I don't know, your eyeballs.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208491

If you never ever want to touch a bow, or an all-class rifle as Braver/Ranger, then yes, S-Atk would increase your damage the most. Unless you put points into the Braver Mag skill and raised your mag for Dex.

But mag stats are mostly for equipping gear, and Braver weapons could also have Dex requirements instead of S/R-Atk. At this point, I couldn't honestly tell you which base stat is best to future proof your gear options. Probably not any Def stat, though, since all the requirements were reduced. Though the Atk from Braver Mag does count for base stats to equip gear.

As for PA rotation, yeah it sucks. It's the "price to pay" for using a weapon with a block/parry/dodge and having limited buttons. To help make sense of the poorly designed system, note that Step Attack does not advance your PA combo, so you can use that to Just Attack (JA) your first PA slot, or use a normal attack to JA your second PA. Other than that when approaching an enemy for the first time, you'll have to either throw in normal attacks to get to the PA you actually want, or set all three to the same PA and switch weapons.

You should get into the habit of recognizing when your third attack comes around in your combo, even if you set the same PA to each slot, since it has increased PP regen on the normal attack (and sometimes a damage boost, but not for PAs).

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208491
    Already read through alot of pages of that thread, it has 111 pages, if i want to read them all before finding answers to my questions, it will take 2 hours. Iam at work atm so i don't have 2 hours.

Already read through alot of pages of that thread, it has 111 pages, if i want to read them all before finding answers to my questions, it will take 2 hours. Iam at work atm so i don't have 2 hours.
    You post your question in it.

UnLucky spoke the truth. Listen to him with great care !

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    The pathetic troll stroke again. Please, be kind or shut up once and for all ! =/

If i want to read them all before finding answers to my questions, it will take 2 hours. Iam at work atm so i don't have 2 hours.
    Sorry but since you're at work, having the information right now isn't vital and you can wait to be at home in order to make your own search since Pso2 will still be there ! =)

You can also search within the thread to better find what you want.

It would help everyone if questions were all asked and answered in the respective threads, as that's what they're for.