Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I don't think you're actually attempting to read anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalDude View Post
    I don't think you're actually attempting to read anything.
    my bad i misread ur last sentence,that's wat happen when u are alt tabbing too much while at work xD
    err welll some weapon are still kinda stronger then the pyroxenes in terms of dmg
    (i hope i am on the right track,u are referring to the weapons from pyroxenes shop right?)
    once they are +10 but other then that ,i am guessing ppl just want something u can get from bosses while grinding.
    and there are players who arent really into doing AQ for those gears

I sort of wish you weren't able to buy *10s but the drop rates would be like x10 or even x100 better than what they are now. No one farms for their rares, they just save enough money and buy them.
    Last edited by Coatl; Aug 15, 2013 at 03:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    I sort of wish you weren't able to buy *10s but the drop rates would be like x10 or even x100 better than what they are now. No one farms for their rares, they just save enough money and buy them.
    well if u are a prem user,saving money would be the better choice.
    it works both ways.
    u have a part of the community farming and grinding,while the other part earning money for the gears.
    it's kinda balancing out things.
    no issue there my friend :3
    not everyone having the time to farm for stuff,
    but at least u know u can earn a wage
    by doing taco to supply ur needs with money,
    which in return, is needed by the seller
    to buy player items like fashion/costumes or even grinding/affixing

United Arks Defender NintenJon25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyData View Post
    The way I see it is just superficial limitations instead of real game mechanics that make sense. It really has nothing to do with supply and demand. They are just making the demand not there by making it forcing you to give them money first.
    Contradictions, much?

Really the whole concept of the game is flawed. Instead of making it actually difficult to get good items by defeating difficult bosses they have the entire game be incredibly easy but then make the items absurdly rare so that you can't actually work towards improving your character without simply getting lucky.
    It's called grinding, and it's a mechanic that has been used since the original Phantasy Star game back on the Master System. You work hard for what you get---you're not supposed to just have things handed down to you on a silver platter. That way, when you do get it, you feel like you actually accomplished something.

The concept of the game being flawed is your personal opinion, so no one can hold you against that.

However, I do want to point out to you that this game is a massive, online, free-to-play Action-RPG. How else do you expect SEGA to make a profit off of PSO2 or pay to keep their servers running and/or have continuous updates to the game? They gotta set the bar somewhere, and I think (meaning that this is my opinion) the 10* weapons in shops was the perfect place to set it.

Just so you know, last I checked we can still beat this game and level our classes to max, even find those same 10* weapons in the shops, use certain features of the salon, still have a decent amount of storage space, and can have up to 2-3 characters on one account before a fee is charged...ALL FOR FREE.

How in the WORLD is that not fair? Did you really expect not to ever have to fork out a dime over anything in this game?!

If they had a more perfected game model that involved building a good party with a healer and support and tank in order to take down difficult bosses to get likely, but difficult drops then there would be no need for any superficial limitations on the market.
    Superficial limitations? You think that spending real money to even keep the game afloat is superficial when you've already been playing the game for free from the very start? With that type of logic, you clearly think that SEGA just has PSO2 running on auto-pilot.

I also find it kind of disgusting that trading is just disabled.
    As said previously, gotta set the bar somewhere. Would you like that bar to be at a Lv. 30 and Hard Mode cap instead? Yeah, thought so. >_>

Again, the rates are simply awful compared to previous games though. You're missing that entirely. "Setting the bar" doesn't excuse shitty design.

It's funny cause NintenJon25 isn't trolling.

There is no drop rate. There is simply RNG. That is all.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

The idea of grinding or hunting anything in this game that doesn't involve pyroxenes/spellstones is extremely impractical. You can't always find the enemy you're looking for (seriously, good luck with rare enemy hunting) and the drop rates are criminally bad. The best idea is to simply not hunt it and just hope you get stupid lucky. It's pretty dumb.

I found one or more 10*s every day for over a week straight, ending a few days ago, and I felt absolutely zero pleasure for each rare.

It is such an absurdly random and unlikely event to find a 10*. Farming does seemingly nothing, despite the logic that it should. The game will grace you with that rainbow RARE DROP popup when it damn well feels like it, not sooner and not later.

I'm nearly 99% convinced that the game just has a list of rares that you can find at any given time, then changes that list on a schedule. Every day? Every three days? I have no idea. I just know that I've hunted literally thousands of Gwanahdas, killing literally hundreds of Gwanahda Neros, and did not come up with a demo comet. Yet when I take a break from that and go into tundra AQ when it comes out? Two spike sluggers in 2 hours, a third two days later. Yeah.

They never ever, not even once, said that this game uses droprates like PSU or PSO1 did. Not once is it ever stated. We all just assumed. Given that it's F2P, I have zero doubts that they implemented a control on hunting items to draw out play times.