Thread: Quad stepping

Default Quad stepping

I apologize in advance for posting a dupe in the quick questions section. I fear this topic might be appear obscure to most so I'm in seek of some advice from vets.

I'm confused as to where the lobby action should be applied in a normal triple sequence.

Generally when I do triples , I loop this way :

Dash - > (Weapon switch > Jump cancel) - > Jump cancel(Space + dash) - > Jump cancel (Space + dash) -> Step attack
    ”If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident.“

never tried this before... my hands are stupid so it will never work
    Acetaldehyde
    Ship 5
    lvl 54 Spaghetti Sauce... Ra/Gu
    lvl 45 Braver
    Female Cast

If you live in the US, use your LA right after you switch weapons.

If you live in the EU, use your LA at the same time as you switch weapons.

Though, the timing might differ a bit due to your own net.
    Last edited by Kamekur; Aug 25, 2013 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Fixed US timing

Lobby action is done at the same time as the weapon switch or directly afterwards. Assuming you're on a keyboard, quad dash is extremely easy to perform, as you just do the standard triple tactic but press alt at the time you switch your weapon (if you're holding w all the time, that is).

For me, quad is done this way:

Weapon Switch and Lobby Action -> Dash -> Dash -> Jump (weapon switch) -> Dash -> Jump -> Dash -> Step Attack -> Repeat

It's really easy on the hands and doesn't take any effort to do for me, as I do it on a controller and just binded two weapons and lobby action to one of my unused buttons, so all I have to do is press one button then just dash and jump in sequence :3...

@ Kamekur -- US people use their LA after pressing their weapon switch, rather than at the same time as step attack, to be less confusing. At least, that's what Tomia and Syhard do.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    @ Kamekur -- US people use their LA after pressing their weapon switch, rather than at the same time as step attack, to be less confusing. At least, that's what Tomia and Syhard do.
    Oh, I see. I need to practice quad dash a lot more. It bugs me that I'm the only one who can't do it yet >_> .

PD: Spambots in the general section again. Yay!
    Last edited by Kamekur; Aug 25, 2013 at 07:13 AM.

Lobby action is done at the same time as the weapon switch or directly afterwards. Assuming you're on a keyboard, quad dash is extremely easy to perform, as you just do the standard triple tactic but press alt at the time you switch your weapon (if you're holding w all the time, that is).
    Hello, thanks for the feedback !

I've gotten most of it down on paper, but I just don't quite understand how a LA can be binded to "alt" , I normally just use my numpad for shortcut words/LA , but thats takes abit more of an effort to do, lol
    ”If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident.“

Well, a lobby action is performed by pressing Alt + any other letter. Assuming you're moving by tripling, I'm going to assume that you are holding forward on the keyboard (the W key). If you tap alt while doing this, you'll do your lobby action a tiny bit afterwards.

Don't use shortcuts for LA. If you use a shortcut, this happens:

Tap F1 -> send message to server -> receive message to "say" /mla lobby action -> Send message to do the lobby action -> receive message to finally do the lobby action.

There's a huge delay on using shortcuts, you should be holding w and pressing alt, preferably.

Well, a lobby action is performed by pressing Alt + any other letter. Assuming you're moving by tripling, I'm going to assume that you are holding forward on the keyboard (the W key). If you tap alt while doing this, you'll do your lobby action a tiny bit afterwards.

Don't use shortcuts for LA. If you use a shortcut, this happens:

Tap F1 -> send message to server -> receive message to "say" /mla lobby action -> Send message to do the lobby action -> receive message to finally do the lobby action.

There's a huge delay on using shortcuts, you should be holding w and pressing alt, preferably.
    Oh I see, that explains how some of my dashes were coming out late. And just fyi, I reside on the western coast of US, so I'll try the method you proposed instead.

I was doing dash > LA > dash > weapon switch.