Default Various Braver/Hunter questions

Hello,

I am making Braver/hunter build, but I am kinda new to this game (joined few weeks ago). So here's the questions (sorry if some looks nOObish) :

1) Katana gear is for guard/counters; so it means braver can guard/counter without getting "Just Guard" and "Just Counter" from Hunter skill tree ?

2) Can I use Average Stance AND Weak Stance at the same time ? I hear lots people say they prefer Weak Stance over Average Stance, so they don't use both ?

3) By how much katana gear increases Atk/critical rate and for how many seconds ?

4) What is Ability about exactly ? I heard you do 150-200 dmg when with less ability u do more like 120-200 or so. Braver Mag skill is great because u still can get S-Atk & R-Atk with full DEX mag.

5) Lots of people say that spending SP on criticals is a waste, but even if use spend 20 SP on both critics + critics from gear; it still doesn't worth it ?

That's all for now =D

1) Correct
    2) No, you cannot use more than one of the same class's stances at the same time. You can combine stances from different classes however, such as Fury with Average
    3) I've read the gear increases your base atk for 20% for however long you can keep it up with hits, but I never did confirm that number. I'm unsure on the crits, but the crit rate gain is significant.
    4) Ability/Dexterity increases your minimum damage for all three damage types by about as much as ATK will increase your maximum damage, up to either 90% or 95% of your maximum damage (figures vary depending on your source). Suffice to say, this is very nice on a class that will use two damage types, but will not be as nice on classes dedicated to a single damage type due to A. higher max damage being more desirable (although decent minimum damage is still important) and B. better weapons requiring higher stats (usually of their associated ATK).
    5) It's possible that stacking into lots of crit skills becomes worth it, but that's not the case on braver. Every time you roll a crit it just deals the highest damage in your damage range - there's no extra bonus. This can be nice when you have very very low minimum damage, which comes with having low dex, but braver is a dex-focused class and katana gear & katana combat massively boost your crit rate to already incredibly high rates.

tl;dr for the longer answers:
    Dex is good, but not too much of it
    Crit skills are better than not spending SP, but aren't usually better than other skills

thx a lot;

so basically u say it is not even 150-200 it would be 150-190 ? So I should fo full S-Atk mag and save 5 SP rather than full DEX mag with braver mag skill ?

That depends on you. I would advise against using katanas exclusively, but then again a compadri still hits hard even with low ratk. Investing all or mostly into satk on your mag is the way to go for a mainly melee build.

well i like to use bows and gunlashes, so R-atk is still important; maybe 88 S-atk 87 R-atk is the best choice

Quote Originally Posted by WonderBang View Post
    well i like to use bows and gunlashes, so R-atk is still important; maybe 88 S-atk 87 R-atk is the best choice
    No, don't do that. If you're going to play an even split max dex and get braver mag.

For 5 SP braver mag turns your mag into an 87 SATK, 87 RATK, 175 dex mag.

ok, so i will get katana combat 5/10 instead of 10/10; hope we get more SP quest in the future

If you've got any other Braver questions, don't hesitate to ask them in this thread