Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Default What's up with Sega streamlining the classes like this?

I only have 2 real complaints about this game: The lack of weapon types (which I covered in another post) and one that really really bugs me: The amt. of weapons allowed per class.

Am I the only one extremely disappointed about this? Now before someone says "leave if you dont like it", Ill say I dont dislike it enough to not enjoy the game. However, it's still baffling to me that Sega did it this way. I mean seriously, why 3-4 weapon types per class?

Have any of you heard anything about future class plans?

So, you'd prefer less classes with more weapon types?

Something like the old Hunter/Ranger/Force?

I'm personally glad they didn't go down this route. I only have one character, and only one class at 60, but I know others that have maxed out every damn class in the game... that being 7 in total. If there was only three classes to master, those type of players would have quit a long time again in my opinion.

yeah, it's pretty moronic, inferior in all ways to the system they had in place for PSP2
    PSO2 seems like a downgrade in all places to all the other games in PS series

Quote Originally Posted by EXPFULL View Post

I'm personally glad they didn't go down this route. I only have one character, and only one class at 60, but I know others that have maxed out every damn class in the game... that being 7 in total. If there was only three classes to master, those type of players would have quit a long time again in my opinion.
    a racast wasn't a ramarl
    get real
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

I'm new to the PSO world starting in PSO2 and it's fine as it is. New content is always fun though.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

I am fine with Hunters' and Fighters' weapons, but other classes just feel unfinished. I mean, these 2 classes have 3 unique weapons types for each, while other classes (except for Braver, but that's not for too long) have only one!

There are not many weapon types, but I see how game designers try to get best out of what's there, like adding gears, giggles, and making PAs imitate other weapons that are not in the game. However, I still think each class except for Hunter and Fighter should get at least one new unique weapon.

And each weapon has like 5-6 different PAs minimum, I don't see this bad at all, the same weapon can have different game-styles.

Not really sure what a different tech weapon could even do other than be a weaker or stronger rod. That or it doesn't cast techs (?).

And any new Gunner weapon would have to have the Stylish Roll or be completely worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by EXPFULL View Post

I'm sorry but I don't agree.

One of the unique things in this series was precisely the fact that there has always been lots of weapon types and that each class was able to use a good number of them by default. In PSU, all but 3 classes would be able to use like 10 weapons minimun. Most other games go with a single weapon per class. I don't really find enjoyable at all to have classes like Gunner, Force or Techer that have pretty much a single useful weapon and you can well ignore any other.

On top of that, we are not allowed to use our subclass weapons, except for class-free ones, and there's not a really good selection of those for some classes. I don't believe we should go back to how it was in PSU, since skilltrees make weapon types a bit more unique, but honestly... If they commited only a 10% of the effor they put in designing cosmetic crap for female fleshies I'm pretty sure they could have avoided repeating weapon categories in gunners and techers.

I don't want to have 3 classes only with 10 usable weapons each, but I don't want to have 15 classes with acces to only two weapon types either. This franchise has pretty well rooted weapon categories that they could implement (laser cannons, shotguns, slicers, axes, etc), and instead of making another crap class with a single new weapon, one repeated + gunslash, they could put them in already existing classes, give skilltree expansions and give more variety to class builds.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Not really sure what a different tech weapon could even do other than be a weaker or stronger rod. That or it doesn't cast techs (?).

And any new Gunner weapon would have to have the Stylish Roll or be completely worthless.
    That's a pretty rushed opinion, I would say. I agree with the tech weapon, although they could go the PSU way and give tech classes melee and/or ranged weapons unique to them, but the part about gunner I don't see why would it be that way. They could design any weapon with a similar function, or with a different function that doesn't require to dive roll.
    Last edited by Darki; Aug 17, 2013 at 06:14 AM.

"Force or Techer that have pretty much a single useful weapon"

36 spells
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    38 spells
    So? By the same maths, then HU has 36 "weapons" since it has 9 PAs per weapon, same with Fighter, and Gunner and Ranger go close. That's not the point of the discussion. In any case, I understand that techs add more variety to Forces, but I don't think having some variety in weapons that modified the usefulness of those techs would be a bad thing.
    Last edited by Darki; Aug 17, 2013 at 06:19 AM.