Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    That's a pretty rushed opinion, I would say. I agree with the tech weapon, although they could go the PSU way and give tech classes melee and/or ranged weapons unique to them, but the part about gunner I don't see why would it be that way. They could design any weapon with a similar function, or with a different function that doesn't require to dive roll.
    It would have to do twice as much damage as TMGs including the Gear in order to be worth using over SRoll JA.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    It would have to do twice as much damage as TMGs including the Gear in order to be worth using over SRoll JA.
    And the problem with that would be...?

If we are hypotesyzing what new weapons could be added to existing classes, "it would be" whatever we want to imagine. Personally, I don't see why would a weapon like... maybe shotguns, not have these parameters. It would even make sense that they'd be twice as strong as mechs, shotguns are supposed to be a heavier weapon.

The only way they'd add something to add variety to techs would be more things like demon fork.

I'm all for that, but what could they possibly add that affects techs that way.

Also force isn't really comparable to hunter at all. Or rather, techs and PAs in general.

I also doubt sega would 'just add' shotguns to make them 2x damage unless they're really slow or something. I'd like to see miniguns for ranger though. I never thought about it, but with Sroll arts I dunno how they'd fit a shotgun in gunner. It's sad cause that's something I'd really like to see, I use that ranger shotgun PA a lot.
    Last edited by Chdata; Aug 17, 2013 at 06:33 AM.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    I'm all for that, but what could they possibly add that affects techs that way.
    I do agree with you on this, it'd be a difficult if not impossible task to think of a different function for tech weapons. We got the "normal" one, the ranged one and the melee one. In any case, tech classes have always been the ones with the lowest weapon count. But again, in PSU they just got an extra edge from other weapon types. In PSU, whips, bows and cards were technically "techer" weapons. I just don't like the fact that you got both melee classes with 3 unique weapons each, and for the rest there's only one... I think they could have made a better effort.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Not really sure what a different tech weapon could even do other than be a weaker or stronger rod. That or it doesn't cast techs (?).

And any new Gunner weapon would have to have the Stylish Roll or be completely worthless.
    They could just be weapons that behave like a melee/artillery weapons that deal T attack damage instead of S/R.

Or they can be weapons with built in T attack for the hybrids. (Like all whips let's say if they added that having 1/2-3/4 of their S attack in T attack. Instead of a few specific rare ones)

They could have weapons that just give special effects. Like a casting weapon that just charges faster but has weak T attack making it a good support cast weapon.

Sega been good about making sure every weapon has their own unique feel. Katanas for example may just be a weaker faster sword with essentially most of their PAs pulled from existing weapons PAs. But not of the weapons it borrows it's pas from feel like katana, and katana does not feel like any of them.

Keeping that in mind I am sure sega can add a lot of weapons that essentially do the same thing but feel different becuase of a unique effect from the gear or just a special effect in general like mechs dodge, with just a unique flare in how the weapon is used.
    Laxedrane - Ship 10| Force-70 Hunter-70 Techer-70 Braver-70 Bouncer-70
    Darrin- Ship 10 Ranger-62 Gunner-65 Force-1 Techer-0
    Ismaire- Ship 10 Hunter-51 Braver-51 Bounder-1

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

They should just have kept the system in PSP2/i and let you use the weapons you want yourself imo. At first I thought it was awesome to use a subclass with more weapons, to then learn you need all class weps and alot suck like stated before by others.

As far I remember, Fighters have very crappy all class weapons while Hunters all class weapons are like frigging good and powerful (Neiclaw, Lamba Aritsin to name a few). This makes me never sub FI and go with a HU sub all the time. Same goes with subbing Gunners, the all class mechs are either joke weps or just all out bad, unless you are lucky enough to get a Guld Milla.

I hope someday this will be changed but I highly doubt it.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Miniguns for ranger sounds so fitting ;o;

Offering snail-pace movement while revved up, but high damage!

Shotguns for gunner, their gear doubles the effect of zero range advance on them. Builds on point blank shots (or zero range shots?). Builds faster than TMG and drains slowly over time while not attacking. Does more damage the closer you are because it has a wide spread, making it bad for anything further than sword distance, and really good for anything closer. Cannot sroll, but shotguns already have a lot of damage on their own. Not a great chain trigger builder, but a viable switch for the finish?

Locks your skill tree I suppose, but at that rate I view it as no different than fire vs lightning in the FO tree. In this case, shotgun vs TMG. Or stance vs stance on Br.

Of course, if it's only one point for the shotgun gear, since a lot of people already put a lot into zero range advance, it'd probably be easy to have both available for you.

Buying Yasminkov 9000S 90m
    Last edited by Chdata; Aug 17, 2013 at 06:53 AM.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

I think the PSU classes should be brought back. To an extent at least.

I do wish PSO2 had the Weapon Type System from PSP2/I. like me removing Knuckles off of Fighter for Twin Sabers instead since I dislike Knuckles. the all class weapon system is terrible as well. we've had Lambda Aresvis for how many months now? and some other All Class weapons being absurdly rare. its pretty annoying. No Phantasy Star game has forced me to use something against my will exept this one.

Example: in PSU, Fighgunner had recieved C-A Granade Launchers(JP only I think?) I never liked Grenade Launchers but I didn't have to use them because the class had a lot of other things to offer me.

in PSO1BB, every selectable class had access to a ton of weapons. Even Forces could use a lot from the Mechgun and Slicer catagories. better yet, I had a FOnewearl with a Holy Ray. I never had to /Ranger anything to Paralyze Astarks 50 feet away.
    Last edited by Valkyrie Lovrina; Aug 17, 2013 at 07:50 AM.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic69435_11.gif
    (Location: Ship 2)
    busy getting my life sorted out.

The subclass system would be tolerable, if there were more all class options for the mid range. Having only one low-mid option followed immediately by the 10* - 12* option makes all class weapons a complete joke as an option. Count me in as another one who preferred PSPo2i's system.