Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

Thread: Game Difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    I mentioned MPA because you weren't being specific as to what mission the "handicap" mode would applied to,.
    I didn't think I had to or that the OP stated it to be....

thus why I disprove your opinion..
    You know... I never stated it as a fact man......it was ...just an....idea...

Anyways will see what sega does in the future, however in the meantime Ill just pass my time with StarCraft HOtS, GW2 and maybe even dabble in FFIV ARR.
    Last edited by jcart953; Aug 20, 2013 at 10:33 PM.

Your argument, jcart, is very similar to the original buff controversy back in ICC.

People complained that the buff was making ICC much too easy, and then folks like you came back and said "Well if it's too easy, turn the buff off".

Why the hell would they turn the buff off when the whole point is to get it done as quickly as possible, and the rewards are not increased whatsoever? When you have to spend 4 hours for 3 nights a week in a raid (or in PSO's case, killing endless trains and waves of monsters in every single mission yielding absolutely no rares or anything valuable), you don't want to purposefully make it take longer if you can help it. Achievements? Glory? You've basically replaced "gimping yourself" with an option that does it for you.

Wanting challenge, and wanting a pain in the ass are actually two fundamentally different things.

So what's this "handicap" option for, then? A way to change any existing content into a harder variant, or a completely separate mode like TA, AQ, XQ?

It's either exactly what's in the game already, so it's a stupid suggestion, or it fundamentally doesn't work at all because it's a stupid suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    1. sega has played it safe for a long while, probably because anything risky and different has the inherent chance of failure and they're not doing too hot (nobody really is right now, honestly)
    2. as an f2p game PSO2 is as different from PSO1/PSU as PSO1/PSU were from PS1-4

PSO2 is an online service
    PSO1 & PSU were online products
    I remember when game difficulty was COOL to have in your game. Now, you get no cool points, people call those games unfair, the AI is too cheap, etc. Even PSO2 bosses got nerf and they let you know when they're about to attack. I mean, seriously, you can clearly see the attack start up before you get hit. in my opinion, this game is too fair. It being too risky to make a game harder, even just a tiny bit, is freaking insane.

I mentioned MPA because you weren't being specific as to what mission the "handicap" mode would applied to, thus why I disprove your opinion..
    Quote Originally Posted by jcart953 View Post
    You know... I never stated it as a fact man......it was ...just an....idea...
    Disproved as in I do not agree, not proving you wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    So what's this "handicap" option for, then? A way to change any existing content into a harder variant, or a completely separate mode like TA, AQ, XQ?

It's either exactly what's in the game already, so it's a stupid suggestion, or it fundamentally doesn't work at all because it's a stupid suggestion.
    If you don't like it fine, remind me what is your idea?

Quote Originally Posted by zipzo
    , and the rewards are not increased whatsoever?
    Are you serious?????????????????????????
    Last edited by jcart953; Aug 20, 2013 at 10:51 PM.

If it's an option the party leader switches on or off...it might as well be the same freaking thing as just starting the party in a higher mode! There's no difference!

Quote Originally Posted by jcart953 View Post
    If you don't like it fine, remind me what is your idea?
    The very first reply to this thread??

Quote Originally Posted by SakoHaruo View Post
    I remember when game difficulty was COOL to have in your game. Now, you get no cool points, people call those games unfair, the AI is too cheap, etc. Even PSO2 bosses got nerf and they let you know when they're about to attack. I mean, seriously, you can clearly see the attack start up before you get hit. in my opinion, this game is too fair. It being too risky to make a game harder, even just a tiny bit, is freaking insane.
    They're appealing to a broader audience.

The reality is games back in the day were not appealing to the masses. They were too hard. It took too much work to get through the game. The masses don't want the original Mario Bros. They want something they can get to the end of without having to try super hard or look up guides or learn shortcuts - they want to play once and they don't want to die much while doing it so they can reach the end and feel like they accomplished something.

They can make more money selling to those people and you than they can selling to just you.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    They're appealing to a broader audience.

The reality is games back in the day were not appealing to the masses. They were too hard. It took too much work to get through the game. The masses don't want the original Mario Bros. They want something they can get to the end of without having to try super hard or look up guides or learn shortcuts - they want to play once and they don't want to die much while doing it so they can reach the end and feel like they accomplished something.

They can make more money selling to those people and you than they can selling to just you.
    so so true. but, that's why we have easy.... normal.... and hard

in PSO2 they're all the same, nothing changes!
    Last edited by SakoHaruo; Aug 20, 2013 at 11:07 PM.