Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by qoxolg View Post
    Hmm yeah, I think the biggest problem is that the current 'difficulty' is the two or one shots. Why do we even have a HP bar to begin with? Currently it feels like we have hearts. FO and TE have 1 heart, HU and FI has 2 hearts and RA and GU have 3 hearts. Instead there should be more damage in between, thats more frequent, but less cheap shit. The only reason I die, is because I take the gamble to kill a spawn as quick as possible over dodging and healing. Especially using Zondeel + wand gear in a Urban AQ can be dangerous, though it's completely avoidable.

I also noticed that regular enemies hardly attack you when you don't do anything. It's actually hard to get yourself killed in the middle of a spawn if you just idle.

Errr.. both enemies have huge weakspots. With my TE I usually just wack them with my wand, making get trapped in the infinite stagger between the regular hit and the wand gear explosion. When I face multiple, I just use zondeel to gather them and wack them. If you play FO you can do the same with Safoie, Gigrants, etc.. I don't see the problem.
    It may be flawed, but they're programmed for when you commit yourself. Sometimes you have to out think the AI and make it commit itself first. The weakspots are hard to hit when you're in the middle of charging, though I have no real problem against them on my fighter admittedly. The problem is with your movement speed while charging. Aidas can be dealt with by a wind knockdown, then nafoie, or safoie while moving. Alone or even in twos they aren't a problem but sometimes there's too much chaos, a banther and ragne may spawn at ruins, maybe even zesh, etc. Real skill comes out during the chaos, prioritizing kills (summoners die first, then anything fast, then anything with range, tanky stuff last, and finally bosses if any), and knowing when too much is too much.

I would love timed content that's actually on somewhat strict timers. Quests like Realms of War in PSO1 were a great example of this.

You had 20 minutes to kill 500+ enemies (max 820) across the 5 zones of Episode 4. The first two areas were easy, in squares, but the Desert areas were on rings (the last one on a straight line), and you had to think about the spawns coming up and use the correct things accordingly to get through. You could clear all 820 enemies if you were really good (didn't give any extra reward, although it should've in my opinion), and that's basically what I feel like more content in PSO2 should be like.

However, the problem is, if SEGA did implement content like this with good rewards (that aren't IR shitty like 300 FUN and a room deco -- which hasn't this been changed yet?), people would complain. They would complain it's unfair on players who prefer to play more relaxed and slowly, as they're missing out on all the rewards, and only hardcore / rich players are getting things. I've wanted Interrupt Ranking rewards to be something decent, like 500,000 meseta or a stack of grinders or some excubes or something that would make you want to play, but players would complain it's just the rich getting richer, which is not the case.

I feel like they should just keep free fields and AQs as they are, but for people who want more of an adrenaline rush, they should really fix up Time Attacks to be on strict timers, with lots of replayability and GOOD rewards past the first playthrough. There's many players on here who did activities such as Time Attack on the past PS games, but here it's the least supported content. What's up with that?

As it is, enemies have sufficient power, but lack aggression. Most enemies seem content to just skulk around you and take a swipe at you now and then. That swipe might be powerful, but it's not much of an issue if they come in at a lethargic rate. An example of what a good enemy should be was the pre-nerf Aculpus. They had enough HP that they didn't just evaporate on sight, appeared in large numbers, had a powerful lunge, approached the player in asymmetric patterns and were just all around good at applying pressure to the player. Then they got nerfed into fodder like everything else.

I don't particularly mind that the game isn't difficult. There are several ways for a game to be enjoyable aside from challenge and if they want to pursue some of those ways, okay. I think the nerf of the Aculpi establishes that they're not out to make a challenging game here.

We need a Dark Poeta-like mission. Loved running that thing in Aion. Any other dungeon, even with the PVP elements, was just rush things with massive DPS or get rolled yourself. Don't really know about Aion 2.0 or the lv55+ areas since I quit before doing any of that stuff.

Bunch of tricky boss fights all rolled into one area, most of them skippable, but you need a certain amount of points in a certain amount of time or the end boss is lame and weak and doesn't drop the good stuff.

Oh, and the minibosses dropped pretty good stuff too.

Like you can pug it up scrub it up and just do kill quests and farm badges for trade-in gear, or as many of the minibosses as you can, while just forgoing the S rank boss and its drops. Those were pretty decent rewards on their own. In fact, doing so gears you up to give you a better chance at the "real" boss.

Or you can prospeedrun the thing and bust your asses off with a bullshit boss and get some spectacular gear. Like it would drop at least one piece for someone every time.

Cut down enemy damage, increase enemy hp significantly, then scale enemy hp with the number of users in adjacent grids.

Quote Originally Posted by AgemFrostMage View Post
    TL;DR: Sometimes you must adapt and think outside the box =)
    The funny thing is you're telling me something I already do I never got killed by the m but the fact they atk so rapidly meant I couldn't just steam roll them as I did other enemies that's what I liked about them.

Also the thing about the caters in their room and the Quarts being glitched behind the wall is old news...

If the game punishes bad players that's good too makes em think twice about things thinking they just do w/e they want without thinking.

For instance- I shouldn't have to play solo or gimp myself to make the game challenging, game should be challenging while I play at my best with my best gear.

This also goes for a full party, like if we go into an area and see this one enemy or enemies that would make you go "OH SHIT ITS HIM/THEM WE MIGHT ACTUALLY DIE" yeah that's how I would like for this game to be but lol nupe....

I'll solo the hell outtah TA's just because its fun as hell
    Last edited by Zenobia; Aug 18, 2013 at 04:58 PM.

Sig by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Cut down enemy damage, increase enemy hp significantly, then scale enemy hp with the number of users in adjacent grids.
    This may make things more fun for those who got the the best 10☆ on the day they were added, but for people like me, who have been using a garbage rare or a 50% 6☆ for months on every class other than the "main" one, it would only make the game even more unbearably monotonous than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    This may make things more fun for those who got the the best 10☆ on the day they were added, but for people like me, who have been using a garbage rare or a 50% 6☆ for months on every class other than the "main" one, it would only make the game even more unbearably monotonous than it already is.
    PSO1 was not famed for its lack of monotony either.

Quote Originally Posted by FoMarlBorough View Post
    Howdy folks,

Seen some mention on the forums on how this game isnt that difficult. That being said and even though my main is only lvl 30, i have to agree.
    I feel ive gotten just past the point of the endless grind just to unlock my sub-class.

Is there more in store? I like TA's in theory. Only started doing some on PSO BB until my team died(fell apart, drama, etc...)

So, i guess ill ask:

How would you like to see added difficulty in PSO2?

For one i think if the enemy AI used attacks and techs that reposition the players, that could add difficulty. Make spacial positioning, thus timing more relevent.

Different quest objectives would be cool but what if there was a difficulty that included friendly fire? That could be LOL's out the Wazoo.

Better enemy AI that would let mobs gang or snipe you from a flank or rear, timed against certain PA/Techs. Example, you do an Over End, some ankle biters start banging on your backside(insert jokes). Would likely give more priority to invincibility frames/ cancels/ and dodges.

Enemy attacks that drain your PP?

More emphasis on team composition. Like an all cast team gets some bonus, but maybe a cast/dewman team gets a penalty. Prolly could use some fluff to support or use a cyclical calender-like system where tuesday is cast day...etc.

Racial weaknesses. Casts suck vs lighting/shock, Newmans suck vs Dark/poison...etc. This is where humans could win out.

Perhaps more tactical thought could be given to enemy ranged and tech attacks.

These are just some ideas that im spraying at the forums as my Gf is going over our grocery list. If some ideas seem dumb, im gonna blame some of it on trying to tune out reality,

The new darkers do drain PP.

Here's all that needs to be added for "difficulty": An area that is capped at the max party member's level +5. So for example, level 65 enemy areas, or even 70 when the cap rises again.

What I really want, is an endurance mode. Start with level 1 enemies (or maybe 40), and end with enemies and bosses at level 60-70. You can go in with whatever you want, but no moons/limited moons/a choice to do the mission with no moons for better rewards.

It'd be like XQ, but all in a row in one arena.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    PSO1 was not famed for its lack of monotony either.
    Oh, I've noticed that. I just started playing it again, and it took me 3 tries to finish the story quest 1-2 on Normal, because I'd quit it in the middle due to it being almost unbearably boring the first two times.

So yeah, I don't think going the same route would help PSO2 much.