Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DKFox View Post
    Okay, so what's the point in jumping while using zonde?
    It used to give a damage bonus. Hard to break habits I guess. A higher cast Zonde does seemingly hit a group of mobs easier though if they are close, but perhaps not close enough otherwise. The difference isn't that big though. To be honest, I jump when I cast all my techs to help keep rhythm between my JAs. Usually safer against most mobs to be midair as well, e.g. spinning Caters.
    Last edited by milranduil; Aug 20, 2013 at 10:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Uuuuuuuuuuuh what

What are you talking about with jumping giving zonde a damage bonus?

It gave a better vantage point and it was good for defense, as even if you were hit with a flinchspam attack you'd fall to the ground as probably avoid the rest of the flinchspam attacks (good for vader's bullet spam, set sadinians will chop the ground instead of you, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    It used to give a damage bonus.
    Please read carefully ;x

it wasn't a height bonus, it was bonus damage to the base target with lowered damage to the stuff hit with the splash
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Please read carefully ;x
    That does not answer my question. I didn't ask about it existing now. I asked what you were talking about.

Then explain to me why 13k -> 15k http://youtu.be/WOY1h8ilgPw?t=12m30s

EDIT: It only applied to the primary target, not any other surrounding ones or ones underneath.

Then explain to me why 13k -> 15k http://youtu.be/WOY1h8ilgPw?t=12m30s

EDIT: It only applied to the primary target, not any other surrounding ones or ones underneath.
    First: Right there in the first 30 seconds she JAs on the wonda's weak point, then jumps and JAs on the wonda's weak point. Both hit for ~12k damage.

Second: Why are you acting like I'm doubting you? I'm asking what you're talking about. Don't tell people to read carefully when you have no fucking clue how to do it yourself.

edit: And in that video, her damage is all over the place as she hits different targets. Half of those 13ks are in midair. Those 13ks are probably her lowest possible damage, and the 15ks are near her max possible damage.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Aug 20, 2013 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    First: Right there in the first 30 seconds she JAs on the wonda's weak point, then jumps and JAs on the wonda's weak point. Both hit for ~12k damage.

Second: Why are you acting like I'm doubting you? I'm asking what you're talking about. Don't tell people to read carefully when you have no fucking clue how to do it yourself.

edit: And in that video, her damage is all over the place as she hits different targets. Half of those 13ks are in midair. Those 13ks are probably her lowest possible damage, and the 15ks are near her max possible damage.
    Unbelievable... you didn't read what I JUST posted... it only applied directly to the target. Anything surrounding or underneath took reduced damage (what is now normal damage) regardless of height. I don't know how it was incremented, but judging from that video and what I remember, it was segmented. Neo will attest to the height bonus though... it was 100% there in some fashion.

In between the time of the Zonde buff and Zonde nerf, having a height advantage did increase your damage by 10% or so. It wasn't jumping alone so long as you were above a certain point of the enemy.

I'll dig through my screenshots and edit this post later.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    In between the time of the Zonde buff and Zonde nerf, having a height advantage did increase your damage by 10% or so. It wasn't jumping alone so long as you were above a certain point of the enemy.

I'll dig through my screenshots and edit this post later.
    This exactly. I remember now having to be above the target. Thanks for the post.

EDIT: Also, gigawuts even umbra stick doesn't have damage variance that high (~10-12%). This damage difference is almost 15% shown in the vid.
    Last edited by milranduil; Aug 20, 2013 at 11:22 AM.