Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

And Namegid is one of the slowest ways to kill something because its DPS is actually quite low, especially on targets not weak to dark.

On viable targets for higher DPS techs, of course.

Best technics against each boss?

I'm currently getting owned by Vol Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Nafoie*
    I would disagree, assuming we are talking about Banther/banshee in FF/AQ. You can instantly lock on the moment the cutscene is over, cast 2 JA non-charged Namegid, then 1 full and the first dies. You can then begin your first Namegid while Banther is still up on the ledge and kill him with 1 JA charged + 1 JA non charged. I'd argue at worst they are equal in that respect. Same goes for Nab1 Banther.

EDIT: If we're talking about a Banshee/Banther that spawns in your face like in nab2, then yeah Nafoie will win the DPS war.

EDIT2: Saying it's DPS is LOW, in my opinion, is an overstatement. It will certainly kill something slower than Nafoie or even Safoie with elemental weakness advantage, but it gives you a guaranteed pack of damage without having to move around beyond avoiding any attacks. The non-charged version is also not to be underestimated. It excels at instantly killing Dirandals in Sanctum for example, and you don't even have to JA it to kill them (unless Lv 60 with max. infection).

Quote Originally Posted by DKFox View Post
    Best technics against each boss?

I'm currently getting owned by Vol Dragon.
    Namegid both horns. He should be dead after both break. If you don't have Namegid, you are in for more fun. I would suggest using Megid on the tail, and then Gimegid his front and top horn, assuming you can break them before he rebuilds his tail. Otherwise, do your best to maintain a distance from him such that he sits still to breathe fire. During those instances, again use Gimegid. Once his front horn is down, you can Samegid his face from a distance to ensure all 3 bolts hit.
    Last edited by milranduil; Aug 22, 2013 at 05:05 AM.

As far as vol dragon is concerned, mainly using dark as already said is the best choice. Zonde also deal ok damage, and I found it to be a valid choice when locking on the infection spot on the 1 in taco amduscia and I'm feeling lazy.

If you're with 2-3 other players, then I'd say to go around vol dragon's leg and spam rabarta, making sure you hit those legs (best tech for that job and only time I ever use it) and hit them with your rod for pp if needed. Real boss are immune to all statut effect, but some come with a special version, for vol dragon, you can freeze his feets to the floor and he will stand there the full duration trying to break them (players cannot break that version). Even better if you manage to freeze his feets during his tail re-construction, since he get to start over once he unfreeze. Safe and funny, but slow, thus better fit for a group than solo since the others can unleash a world of pain safely.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    And Namegid is one of the slowest ways to kill something because its DPS is actually quite low, especially on targets not weak to dark.

On viable targets for higher DPS techs, of course.
    I'm just curious, just what skill trees are you using that it's lower DPS than other things save for fire with charge speed up against fire weak enemies with flame mastery?

Does anyone have frame data or whatever on casting spells? Like, in the time it took you to cast one namegid, how many grants could you have casted? How many rafoie? Samegid? etc.

Edit: Now I get it, you're probably maxed 60/60 which is why namegid kills single targets slower than other spells for you cause you can probably one hit everything. But I've been finding namegid to kill tankier things faster for me, I've been meaning to vid that though to make sure.
    Last edited by Chdata; Aug 22, 2013 at 12:58 PM.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

It doesn't matter which tree you have, Namegid is about as much damage as five casts of Samegid on the same target. Considering it takes 6 times as long to cast, it about breaks even in perfect conditions due to the casting animation.

So if Samegid isn't cast-for-cast stronger than any other tech, Namegid isn't better DPS either, assuming you can hit your target just as easily.

Yes, the lock-on autotarget is an extremely useful property of Namegid. But so long as you can use practically any other tech, it is not the best choice.

Thanks for the tips. Namegid rocks~