Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

I don't really see how running around the map is any more fun then an exit burst. Specially running to a corner only to find 4 spawns because lolrng...

At least exit bursts were something to aim for. You had a strategy and you committed to it. Sometimes that strategy changed mid-game. You made decisions.(If you actually want to make the most out of everything)

I don't think exit bursts are good design, but I surely think they're more fun then what the game is without them. Is a burst really more fun if you have to move around to kill crap that spawns in random locations? Not really. You'll still just be spamming the same moves.
    Last edited by BlankM; Aug 23, 2013 at 02:26 PM.
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)

Quote Originally Posted by BlankM View Post
    Is a burst really more fun if you have to move around to kill crap that spawns in random locations? Not really. You'll still just be spamming the same moves.
    This is what people don't really seem to get.

PSE bursts are terrible design. They're a big middle finger to you if you can't get them, and if you only get one for 1 minute. They're a statement that drops are balanced around getting PSE bursts and if you can't get any then ha ha ha get fucked.

It's really just bad design all around.

Well I play hunter so an exit burst means I just stand there and spam Additional Bullet.

But to put it simply, yes moving around and having enemies spawn in more than one spot is indeed more fun than sitting in a spot for 5 minutes or more and literally doing the exact same thing over and over.

Well this update honestly won't change much.

The further you move out, the more likely enemies will get displaced. Ranged weapons will still be preferable.

You'll still have lots of zondeel, AB, cluster bullet. You'll just be getting less exp and drops in the process.
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)

But you still do the exact same thing over and over when you don't have a burst at an exit. There is literally no difference if you're looking for an efficient burst, you just stand in a corner and spam Additional Bullet, Cluster Bullet or Gifoie/Rafoie/Zonde/Zondeel.

What's the difference?

The problem isn't exit bursts in my opinion, it's the fact that bursts exist at all, considering the game is balanced around them. To "fix" exit bursts, I would rather bursts be patched out completely, while PSEs are just little bonus effects, and we have realistic spawns both solo and multiplayer, with more riveting quests.

But I don't really do the same thing, I just did a cross burst in a corner in Ruins yesterday where I got to actually use much more effective things than AB against kuklohnadas and stuff because they spawned close and I didn't have to worry about making them spawn farther away.

It's not just the burst itself, but the whole process of getting an exit burst going effectively that I like. First unlock the exit, then turn back and fill in the rest of the map until you get a burst chance, then use a pipe to jump back to the exit. It keeps you on your toes because you have to pay attention to the light pillars and PSE levels to avoid accidentally starting the burst in the middle of the map.

For example, if the Meseta PSE is at level 7 and you see a yellow pillar going up, that means it's going to rise to 8 a few seconds later. If the Blast Gauge PSE is at level 6 and you see two blue pillars going up at the same time, it's going to rise to 8. If you see a rainbow pillar, it's going to burst, so jump in the telepipe as fast as you can.

I actually find the exit burst itself fun as well, there's something about positioning yourselves so that the enemies all spawn in the exact same spot and vapourizing them with Cluster Bullet that feels so good. Then there's the whole effort-reward thing that makes it satisfying when you get a good exit burst going.

On the issue of class balance, this isn't going to make things any better for melee (it'll probably make it worse). As long as the enemy spawn positions are based on the player positions, people are just going to do corner/wall bursts instead. They could have made it so that enemy spawns are not based on player position but rather randomly spawn within the current block, but since they've stated that the changes won't affect normal bursts it's not going to happen.

What they should have done instead is give melee the tools to do an exit burst, such as a charge attack with range like Po2i's Overend, or a piercing spear throw, or whatever. But they don't really care about balance, they just want to stop people from blowing through content with hyper-efficient playstyles.

Quote Originally Posted by Aine View Post
    Po2i's Overend
    I.... don't recall Infinity having Over End.
    Ship 02

Most likely means Grand Crusher.

Overend was the Duman Hunter's Infinity Blast.