Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I don't think it's really anyone's fault, other than SEGA's, because this should've been the system from the start. By not implementing it in the first place, people got fucked over. It would've happened no matter what.

Well, yes.

They intentionally launch with very restrictive systems. You see this time and time again with every single new feature, system, or tier of gear. 10*s? Highly restricted at launch - difficult to grind, impossible to exchange, difficult to find (largely because there were so few). Then they add pyrox 10*s. Then they make grinding a smidgen easier. Then they actually improve grinding. Then they add 10* trading. Between each of these more 10*s are added of varying qualities to slowly increase the sources you can get 10*s from, often from enemies in pre-existing areas.

This is the F2P model they're using. They hold back as much as possible, to squeeze players as hard as they can get away with. When players are getting too frustrated is when they finally loosen up the features.

So yeah. Everything that costs a fuckload now? It'll be completely worthless later. This is especially easy to see with planned gear obsolescence. Are Ardillous worth as much as they used to be? No. Apply that to other features. Will your element grinding be worth as much later? No.

I'm actually surprised they've taken this long to do something to the affix system. I guess it kind of is their major cash cow after scratch, what with being the main reason scratch items are still so valuable (dem 20% boosts).

And what do Forces get in return?

The way attribute works, it is only useful for melees and ranger classes. So now everyone will get a cheap boost in weapon damage except for Forces.

Doesn't look fair.

Quote Originally Posted by dr apocalipsis View Post
    And what do Forces get in return?

The way attribute works, it is only useful for melees and ranger classes. So now everyone will get a cheap boost in weapon damage except for Forces.

Doesn't look fair.
    Its hardly a cheap boost by any means. Its still a lot of investment. Many people had these types of weapons already anyways and this simply makes it less of a hassle in the long term, which I think is a good thing.

Well yeah, I am the one that spent all of the meseta to do it, but that doesnt change the fact that all that effort, time, and all those resources are now pretty much completely wasted for nothing, and its all because sega had to change the system completely half way through, and like zio said, because it was not like this from the start.

Ill be the first to admit that I personally have probably invested a little too much because of my rampant desire to max as much as possible, but cmon, i know im not the only one affected by this/the only one that has spent time making progress on my equipment only to have it blow up in my face because of one lousy update.

Credit to MissMalice for the sig.
    Hunter: 65 Fighter: 65
    Retired Classes: Ranger: 40 Gunner: 40
    Force: 40 Techer: 40
    0 on everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyly HUmar View Post
    After this, were going to be able to get better stuff for cheaper sure, but only if we are rich or if we're extremely lucky, and were not getting any of the meseta we've already spent back. idk man, this update to me is more of a "haha, you actually put effort into the game?! naughty naughty~" than a godsend imo.
    I think this update is great and just what the game needed, but I understand entirely where you're coming from as well. This update made me hold back on trading in my XQ stones for an *11 weapon. Who's to say they won't lower the required stones in a future patch? If they did, it would suck for people who actually put effort into obtaining these stones prior to the patch. "Oh, you actually put effort into the game because you want to progress? Well guess what? Now we're making it x10 easier and all that effort you put into the game was just wasted!"

It doesn't feel good I tell you, and I'm sorry for those that spent 100m trying to 50 element a weapon that's now devalued tenfold because of the update in store for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

If you want to blame someone, blame sega for taking so long to make this happen in the first place.

Everything about this update is good except how long it took to happen.

Almost everyone got pissed on to some extent with this update, from people who burned hundreds of millions, to people who pissed away a few dozen garbage 10* weapons on excubes/whatever chump change they're worth on the player shop, and now should scramble to AQ stone farm/hope falz would visit a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Well, yes.

They intentionally launch with very restrictive systems. You see this time and time again with every single new feature, system, or tier of gear. 10*s? Highly restricted at launch - difficult to grind, impossible to exchange, difficult to find (largely because there were so few). Then they add pyrox 10*s. Then they make grinding a smidgen easier. Then they actually improve grinding. Then they add 10* trading. Between each of these more 10*s are added of varying qualities to slowly increase the sources you can get 10*s from, often from enemies in pre-existing areas.

This is the F2P model they're using. They hold back as much as possible, to squeeze players as hard as they can get away with. When players are getting too frustrated is when they finally loosen up the features.

So yeah. Everything that costs a fuckload now? It'll be completely worthless later. This is especially easy to see with planned gear obsolescence. Are Ardillous worth as much as they used to be? No. Apply that to other features. Will your element grinding be worth as much later? No.

I'm actually surprised they've taken this long to do something to the affix system. I guess it kind of is their major cash cow after scratch, what with being the main reason scratch items are still so valuable (dem 20% boosts).
    The way I see it, there is so much that hints to them probably making higher level content easier to obtain as time goes on. They're still increasing the level caps. Potential on grinded weapons can go up to 5, but we only have access to 3. The 'not implemented' affix levels for some affixes you can see on Cirnopedia. Potential for 8 affix weapons except with a completely negligible chance.

I feel like in a few years people will laugh at how hard 5 affixing was or getting higher than a level III affix was and people will all have 5 potential 8 affix 75 element 15star rares and there'll be areas with level 500 monsters. Equipping mags? Their stat bonuses make no difference at endgame, worthless waste of time!

(maybe that's a stretch)

As for what you spent now, you can't blame Sega for making an update that makes a system easier and more convenient for everyone after you already used the old system, that's just selfish. You can feel bad about them not being able to compensate you though.
    Last edited by Chdata; Aug 24, 2013 at 04:06 PM.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

I wonder if they'll go to 100% eventually.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyly HUmar View Post
    Well yeah, I am the one that spent all of the meseta to do it, but that doesnt change the fact that all that effort, time, and all those resources are now pretty much completely wasted for nothing, and its all because sega had to change the system completely half way through, and like zio said, because it was not like this from the start.

Ill be the first to admit that I personally have probably invested a little too much because of my rampant desire to max as much as possible, but cmon, i know im not the only one affected by this/the only one that has spent time making progress on my equipment only to have it blow up in my face because of one lousy update.
    Your investment has 'not' blown up in your face. Because of the time, effort, and money you put into the game, you achieved higher percentage weapons faster than if you had waited. Nothing has been wasted, nor has it been done for nothing. Your weapons are not being reset, they are not being reverted to some earlier stage. They are staying just the way they are, and as such, you've lost nothing except for meseta, which can be gained back by either running TAs or through a shop. Everything you did up to this point was the only way to go about upgrading your element, so it is not a waste, it was the way it functioned, as the game intended.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty