Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    That's a good attitude about it and definitely the right takeaway. This is why I don't bother with things like element grinding or affixing too much. It's just not worth the hassle when I know full well Sega's gameplan is to squeeze more work and money out of me.

And, honestly, it's not like it makes that huge of a difference anyway. I still kill things plenty effectively.
    Im just the kind of guy that likes to progress and peak. But i do have to control it a bit. Youre right though it doesnt take too much to kill atm, and even though im still butthurt about this change in the long run it will be more of a benefit (once my wallet recovers anyway).

Credit to MissMalice for the sig.
    Hunter: 65 Fighter: 65
    Retired Classes: Ranger: 40 Gunner: 40
    Force: 40 Techer: 40
    0 on everything else.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyly HUmar View Post
    I dont think im going to get even a 5th of that meseta back even if i had a 3 day shop and ran TA for a month. Whats bugging me is that i could have kept almost all of it.

Let me give you an example, my first 10* 50% was kagu, i bought 6 ikus for 8m, i bought 1 element booster for 5m. that was enough to get me 50% (though in retrospect, 2 boosters and 1 iku less would have been cheaper awell lol). I got lucky and afixed/grinded it for about a mil, so the total cost was more or less 54m.

Now, if this new system was in play, it would have cost me 9m total, 8m for the iku, 1m for afixing/grinding, and X number of ruin gloams from falz stones. Imo thats a kick in the face.
    And I don't think I've even had 54m cumulatively in this game [Arguable, but details], but that's not really all that relevant.

You either invest a lot of money all at once while things are expensive and get something sooner, or wait it out and save money at the expense of not having the latest shiny toy. And as unfortunate of a point as this is: This game is a gear treadmill - All of our current weapons will most likely become obsolete, regardless. It's just a matter of "when."

I'm not unsympathetic - it's a shame you used so much money on a weapon, and I hope you got a fair bit of use out of it, I really do. It's just...well, like I said last post - you paid a premium to acquire better gear faster. That's all on you.

EDIT: I take way too long typing and making sure I worded things right. It was 10 after when I started typing this reply. Ugh.
    Last edited by Enforcer MKV; Aug 24, 2013 at 05:37 PM.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Forget buying things in games, in general if you want something ASAP, you pay a premium for it. If you can wait until a new release is old and boring, you'll be able to buy it at a lower cost.
    I'm not complaining about 50 element weapons being easier to make now, nor will I complain if an eventual grind or affix change occurs to make the game easier.
    I also don't complain about a physical product going on a clearance sale when I buy it for full release-date price.

If you try to stay with the latest and greatest of anything, expect to have to pay top dollar, and very often as things update. Otherwise, just sit back and enjoy things that work, but aren't the best if you want to be sane with your money (or meseta).

--------

On topic;
    I would have to assume it is a measly...
    1 for a weapon, +1 for 30+ element, +1 for the same element, +1 for the same weapon. Max of +4 per weapon.

If SEGA was generous, we might expect...
    (1 for a weapon, +1 for 30+ element, +1 for the same element) * 2 for the same weapon. Max of +6 per weapon.
    I think that something like that is a stretch though... it is Sega...

But who knows, we'll have to see the rates when the system is actually implemented in game.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    That's a good attitude about it and definitely the right takeaway. This is why I don't bother with things like element grinding or affixing too much. It's just not worth the hassle when I know full well Sega's gameplan is to squeeze more work and money out of me.

And, honestly, it's not like it makes that huge of a difference anyway. I still kill things plenty effectively.
    Yup.

I don't have a single 50-element 10* (no, not even a Falz Elder weapon). It just doesn't make that much of a difference, particularly when I already one or two-shot most everything I run into anyway.

Still, it would be nice if the drop rates weren't so completely and utterly ridiculous that this is even necessary in the first place. The drop rates should be made under the assumption that players will want multiple of a single weapon for element grinding purposes, rather than the assumption that all the good weapons should sell for insanely high prices and be too rare for anything short of the most dedicated players to attain (bleeehhhh!).

Honestly, you shouldn't even need multiple copies of weapons to grind items. Having trash items work is a good substitute, though.

But this is going to place a demand on older, obsolete weapons for the express purpose of improving newer weapons.

Which will make older obsolete weapons worth more than 1k...at least, for a week or two every time new weapons are added.

In truth, almost all problems with the value of weapons can be blamed on their incessant need to focus the game on improving one weapon to obscene strength instead of having lots of weapons for different tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    You either invest a lot of money all at once while things are expensive and get something sooner, or wait it out and save money at the expense of not having the latest shiny toy. And as unfortunate of a point as this is: This game is a gear treadmill - All of our current weapons will most likely become obsolete, regardless. It's just a matter of "when."
    The main problem, for me at least, is that there's such little content in this game that once you hit the 'endgame', you have absolutely nothing to do but go for that 50% upgrade and/or those shiny toys anyway.
    | Dextro | Ship 10 | Legion |

Quote Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
    The main problem, for me at least, is that there's such little content in this game that once you hit the 'endgame', you have absolutely nothing to do but go for that 50% upgrade and/or those shiny toys anyway.
    Sadly this is so true, then once you hit that 50% plateau then there's really nothing to do well at least in my experience.

***On a side note I do like the update though but also feel for that other guy. I can understand being upset about trying to being dedicated to something only to have it backfire. We live and we learn I guess.

ok guys because of this

rouge coffin price rise 3 times higher than before
    god damnit !

Quote Originally Posted by hoangsea View Post
    ok guys because of this

god damnit !
    That should drop down over time since they drop so frequently for pyroxenable rares.

Quote Originally Posted by hoangsea View Post
    ok guys because of this

god damnit !
    You mean cruel coffin I'm sure. Well because of the update, I have one extra to sell back if each one is worth at least 4 attribute points after the update.

Should be 1 per, +1 for same weapon, +1 for same element, and +1 for >=30 element I think.