Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: talis vs wand

Default talis vs wand

Which do you think is better? Honestly, I prefer talis over wand because of the added range, and even though sega enhanced the hit stop of wand, I still find it too slow or weak for my tastes.
    OYO: "I like your lip color but you're not unique."

Wand is made for melee smacking anyway.

you still can use wand as you using rod thought.

compared wand and rod, plain same tier talis ussualy like 25% weaker. just yeah, talis able to perform some trick that make the user stay at safe distance, either for offense or support.
    Ship 2 / Invite ID : 10385482 / Courina

I prefer Umblla Rod.

If Rods aren't a choice, I'd pick Talis. I don't plan on maining Techer at all, so I don't want to invest on a weapon I'll never use again once I cap Techer. Besides, Rods have a faster cast animation than Wands and Umblla Rod has more T-ATK than most 10* Wands. Talis, on the other hand, has the zondeel spam utility with is good for bursts.
    Last edited by Kamekur; Aug 25, 2013 at 07:37 AM.

I'm pretty sure that both have there advantage and disadvantage, since talis is great at long range techs and tools for set ups and coordinating techs while wand is great at short range techs for maintaining wand gear for normal attacks on wand since wands attacks are more flexible than rods.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCast Boy View Post
    I'm pretty sure that both have there advantage and disadvantage, since talis is great at long range techs and tools for set ups and coordinating techs while wand is great at short range techs for maintaining wand gear for normal attacks on wand since wands attacks are more flexible than rods.
    Yeah, wand gear can be decent if you plan to main Techer. But for a casting-based combination such as Te/Fo, keeping up wand gear is most of the time counter-intituive. Fire or Lightning techs don't build enough wand gear, which forces you to use wind or dark. Wind requires you to be close to get the most of it, and most of the time the damage doesn't make up for it (against Fire/Lightning). And for dark, ramegid is the only tech that builds up wand gear at a decent rate (which is also one of the trickiest techs to use)

And the most important thing: You'll do more damage just using techs and using a gunslash to recover PP (if you ever need it) than getting up close and smacking with a non-melee-based class.

Yeah it's weird, it's like when you sub a tech class instead of a melee class your techs get better than your melee.

@ OP: Both are pretty nice at what they do. Wands hit stuff, talises cast stuff farther away.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Yeah it's weird, it's like when you sub a tech class instead of a melee class your techs get better than your melee.
    That was the entire point of my previous post. Wand gear is pointless as Te/Fo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamekur View Post
    Wand gear is pointless
    Fixed.

Wand because you get extra damage while recovering PP. You don't even need PP convert and when you aren't whacking things when low you are too busy avoiding and will recover PP anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamekur View Post
    That was the entire point of my previous post. Wand gear is pointless as Te/Fo.
    Nu, you're wrong ^_^
    Last edited by Mike; Aug 26, 2013 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Merge