Certified & Licensed PSO Insurance Broker

As with any game, PSO has a number of rumors which people scoff at and swear by. Here's what I can remember offhand.

1) Kasami Bracer increases attack speed. Untrue, as far as Hunewearls go. There was no difference in speed with my Hunewearl, with or without the bracer equipped and with any */battles removed.

2) G-assassin blades increase Hucaseal running speed. Utter BS. I watched as my friend got his hucaseal and equipped G-assassin blades, then we did a couple test laps around Caves. No speed boost.

3) Ramarl gets a speed boost with guns. Not true. I have a ramarl and tested this against my hunewearl. With the slight exception of a different pistol animation, the speeds were the same throughout.

4) */Battles stack. Not true. I'm Redria and I have several spare God/Battles. 'nuff said.

5) Fomarls get a speed boost with Inferno Bazooka. This one makes absolutely no sense, yet I have heard from numerous sources that it is true. I don't have a Fomarl and can't comment on its validity, but I would tend to believe it.

4) Male characters cast faster when bare-handed. Not really a rumor since it is true, but there are a few people out there who're still not sure about it. This one also has me wondering what the hell ST was smoking then they put it in. I saw a Fomar casting Gizonde in Caves, barehanded. The monsters couldn't even spawn, due to the super fast Gizonde. What makes male characters cast so much faster than females, barehanded? Probably the same thing which lets puny Fomarls fire a 100lb Inferno Bazooka like a handgun.

Anymore?

I didn't know about male forces casting faster barehanded!
    Now I have to convince my fellow FOnewmn to keep his Talis on his deposit to really flail the monsters with his techs...

the other resident cuban pimp

Im not sure on the male forces casting faster than the females but im 100% sure that the male hunter umm humars cast faster techs then Hunewearls. Since i play battle mode its a good advantage when ur low on hp and want to cast that final foie before the hunewearl hits you.

On 2003-04-09 06:14, Elusive_Llama wrote:
    3) Ramarl gets a speed boost with guns. Not true. I have a ramarl and tested this against my hunewearl. With the slight exception of a different pistol animation, the speeds were the same throughout.

5) Fomarls get a speed boost with Inferno Bazooka. This one makes absolutely no sense, yet I have heard from numerous sources that it is true. I don't have a Fomarl and can't comment on its validity, but I would tend to believe it.

4) Male characters cast faster when bare-handed. Not really a rumor since it is true, but there are a few people out there who're still not sure about it. This one also has me wondering what the hell ST was smoking then they put it in. I saw a Fomar casting Gizonde in Caves, barehanded. The monsters couldn't even spawn, due to the super fast Gizonde. What makes male characters cast so much faster than females, barehanded? Probably the same thing which lets puny Fomarls fire a 100lb Inferno Bazooka like a handgun.

Anymore?
    okay first one, ramarls ARE faster with handguns than the rest of the classes, at least hunewearls anyways. I've tested this with my HUnewearl and my RAmarl and there is a speed difference. A ramarl is as fast with a handgun as a hunewearl is with a Devil/Battle equipped.

Second off, FOmarls, as well as FOmars, in my experience, are slightly faster attackers than at least the other force classes. Usually the cane animation is fairly slow, yet with my FOmar and my FOmarl its speed is increased. This leads to the conclusion that they could be quicker with IB just because of this slight increase in base atk speed. I'll equip my fomarl with a bazooka later to test this.

Thirdly, I don't really even know why you put that last one, because it's not a rumour, and you yourself even said that O-o. But yeah, males cast like machine guns when they are weaponless.

Certified & Licensed PSO Insurance Broker

I equipped a Yas2k and Yas3k on my Ramarl, and compared her to my Hunny with her Red Handgun and Holy Ray. Yas2k and Red Handgun are handguns. Yas3k and Holy Ray are rifles.

I unequipped all */battle units, and even my Hunny's Kasami Bracer. Standing side by side in offline multiplayer, I first fired the guns separately and as fast as I could, for several combos, switching back and forth to see who shoots faster. Didn't see any difference.

Then I had both characters fire the guns simultaneously by pressing the buttons on my controllers for a 3hit combo. I started slow, then progressed faster and faster until they couldn't shoot any faster. First I listened to the shots and didn't pay attention to the animations whatosever. Then I watched the animations to see who finishes the combo faster. No difference again.

I will check this again tonight, and I am highly confident that I'll get the same results.

additional rumor:

Luck increases your chances of freezing enemies, and of megid working. Some people have tested this with a 10 luck Fonewearl equipped with God/Lucks, and found no difference.

The rumor about how fomarls shoot quicker with IBs , is true. I posted a topic about this last week when I discovered this and many people seem to have the same results. The first shot seems to be the same speed as everyone elses, but the the second and thirds shots are incredably faster then other classes. I tested this with my lv.113 Fomarl against a lv.124 Hucast and Racast. I beat them out, as if i had 2 god/battles on. This rumor is very real.

Number 5 is true, at least, back in v2. FOmarls had a insane rate of fire with the inferno bazooka, which was the reason for getting the s-rank version. o_O It is funny how they had a faster firing rate with shots than rangers...

Slightly offtopic, but this topic remionds me of on the dreamcast when people where not sure if the egg blaster/neis claw/ sonic knuckle exsisted, and all sorts of rumours where flying about thats they where a story, or were not in the game, and people would sayb they found one etc.