Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I just dont like gaming on pc because I just see a keyboard as something to type on. I have tried to use it (saints row the third), but i suck at it. the other thing in think people are going to pc, its easier to mod on and torrent games with (lets not pretend everyone is an angel and actually buys all thier games)

edit: I dont really trust emulators much, take the ps1, i have had so many problems with it for each game and i had to keep tweeking the settings. and ps2 couldnt even run on my laptop (dont start an argument its not for gaming)
    Last edited by lonewhitewolf1; Aug 29, 2013 at 03:57 PM.
    ps3 20 gig model
    psp 6.60 lme
    psn: lonwhitewolf1

Quote Originally Posted by lonewhitewolf1 View Post
    I just dont like gaming on pc because I just see a keyboard as something to type on. I have tried to use it (saints row the third), but i suck at it.
    Most AAA games these days (and even many indie games) support wired Xbox 360 controllers by default. With a little bit of messing around, you can also get most games to work with a PS3 controller just like you are playing the game on a console. I've been playing Saints Row the Third with an Xbox 360 controller and the experience is basically indistinguishable from playing on my actual Xbox 360. Steam will actually list out games based on what kind of controller support they include. It's really nice not having to deal with keyboard and mouse on games that clearly shouldn't be played on a keyboard and mouse.

It may just be my current setup, since it wasn't always the case, but these days I honestly prefer playing most games with my xbox 360 controller. Even FPS games, which I used to prefer M&K for by a longshot. It also helps that there are programs I can use to massively customize my inputs if I ever dislike something, which used to be a big reason I hated using controllers. Jump button in the wrong place, use button in the wrong place, etc.

i dont have a 360 (used to but sold it, i had to sell most of my stuff due to money issues) so i cant play using a controller. and the ps3 controller is just to much plus we dont have internet so i cant get anything to use.
    ps3 20 gig model
    psp 6.60 lme

edit: I dont really trust emulators much, take the ps1, i have had so many problems with it for each game and i had to keep tweeking the settings. and ps2 couldnt even run on my laptop (dont start an argument its not for gaming)
    PS1 emulation is not even hard to set up, i set it up once for all plugins and every game i throw at it just plays fine at full speed without no issues, PS2 needs a really good cpu in order to play back fine (2nd gen intel i5/i7 or later or 2nd gen amd (A-series and later) to play back at nice speed) not all games will play back at full speed for PS2, some do have issues until they get fixed.

i dont have a 360 (used to but sold it, i had to sell most of my stuff due to money issues) so i cant play using a controller. and the ps3 controller is just to much plus we dont have internet so i cant get anything to use.
    Then get a 3rd party one wired, might not look or fell the same but better than no controller at all but they are usually cheap anyway.

Don't get third party. Get official, but maybe used. Save up maybe? I dunno, I just have really bad experience with third party.

You can get a wired official controller for something like 40 bucks. It's a bit much, but the quality shows, and it'll have fewer issues with drivers and games. Like Outrider said, LOTS of games these days are automatically compatible with Xbox 360 controllers. I have a wireless one with a wireless receiver for my PC and it's great.

You can customize what it does more with those programs you mentioned for the PS3 controller. They're not very complex. It's no less complex than learning any program, really. It really opened the gates for my PSO2 binds. I have all kinds of bizarre button combos to do things I want to be able to do without touching my keyboard. Pretty much everything but actually typing, honestly.

I don't know if this was posted before but GTA1 was developed on dos then ported to ps1 windows and gameboy color.

Also the pc is a better platform for gaming in terms of hardware. Consoles will never be better due to the fact that a console is unable to be upgraded and is seen as somewhat of a baseline for people to develop on.

This has its ups and downs. If you have a baseline it is easier to optimize to when developing games for the platform. The PC platform is the wild west in terms of tech specs. Due to this developers don't know what kind of system you're running and give you options to increase or decrease settings for the game.

I personally don't really care about the graphics or modding capabilities. It's all about the games I want to play.

That being said I HATE the policies of game consoles which has steadily become the nickel and dime bullshit(excuse my language) that is supported with today.

This is because console os and marketplaces are created by the maker of the platform and restrict the ability to use anything else. It's a monopoly that forces you into their policies and creates higher priced games and the ability for them to charge you to get online.

Bottom line play games however you want. Pay as much as you want. But in the end the PC is the only flexible platform to game on and in turn is more powerful.

honestly, i am just tired of the whole "pc/consoles are superior because" when clearly, they are all ment for gaming. well pc you actually have to get one that can play up to date games
    ps3 20 gig model
    psp 6.60 lme

You get more out of the PC experience if it's done right as in it's not a doo doo port of said game. Btw I prefer Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 controller over the official 360 controller at least whenever the game accepts both.