Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

No Nintendo NO!

Quote Originally Posted by lonewhitewolf1 View Post
    no they arnt giving up on 3d, said in the article

Yeah I know but they might have came up with the design during the lawsuit.

I'm just rambling this thing is just weird

I guess this explains the ugly design...

Curiously, the 2DS is even more of a tablet-style system than it appears at first glance, as it actually features a single large screen in its center, not two separate ones. As one of their cost-cutting design measures, Nintendo reduced the number of screens in the system from two to one, and the appearance of separate screens is merely simulated by the way the case masks out the extraneous portions. This means the entire screen is by necessity a touchscreen, with the upper screen protected by a layer of plastic that sits above it. While this makes no difference for the system's normal functions -- after all, neither the system's firmware or its software would recognize the hidden, inactive zones of the screen or the upper portion's touch capabilities, even if you exposed those portions -- I'm curious to see what hardware modders manage to do with the system.
    http://www.usgamer.net/articles/oh-s...ndos-next-move
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

So basically, Nintendo is just asking people to not buy their hardware at this point? Especially with that name...

I'm guessing this particular iteration is targeting irresponsible kids, considering that the clamshell design of the DS and 3DS presents a weak point in the system's design, from a structural perspective - because the two halves are made of Nintendium, but the hinges aren't (and therefore kids can break them).

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

apparently this is more directed towards kids/having a lower price.

I'd rather get this for a kid than a kindle I guess.

I don't think it's a horrible idea. But the design is ugly as fuck.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Size comparison.
    Spoiler!

The battery life looks pretty crappy. The official site lists it as only half an hour more than the original and it lacks the power saving feature :/

It also lacks the "i" or "XL" at the end that would even remotely interest me.

After the heinously overpriced 3DS launch, with a promise that they wouldn't just release a better and cheaper model within several years and then going ahead to do exactly that, Nintendo's permanently lost a first gen customer with me. If I even buy it at all. Unless they announce Monster Hunter 5 for it as an exclusive title I sincerely doubt I'll even get one at all after that bullshit.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

All I can think of when looking at it is "Fischer Price My First Nintendo Handheld". Just looks kinda doofy.

I dunno, it's not a bad idea in all honesty, but I agree that the naming is a bit confusing. It's also pretty evident that they don't plan on giving up hardware design anytime soon even though I think they really need to outsource that much to a third-party.

And still no double joysticks.