Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    More often than not, I find that the ones responsible for letting someone get "hacked" were the company itself not following protocol which is incredibly obnoxious.
    Or the player for having the password as "password"

I can't wait for this system to bug the fuck out and suddenly nobody can trade/buy/sell stuff.

I don't quite understand this thing ... now we're going to need a secondary password for PSO or ...? I'm not sure.

Yes, you need a secondary password for PSO2. You will be prompted to enter it if you press "マイショップ" (My Shop) in the Visiphone menu, so even if you just plan to browse you will need this password.

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    Or the player for having the password as "password"

I can't wait for this system to bug the fuck out and suddenly nobody can trade/buy/sell stuff.
    Well like I said and I quote myself "its our own damned responsibility". If someone is going to be that stupid, than they fully deserve to lose their account if they somehow do.

But I mean we're already using usernames that are in no way shown ingame and likewise our emails are never shown either. Unless SEGA screws up and gives out info they shouldn't when someone tries to recover their password (which they would somehow need to acquire an email and/or username for anyways which is pretty hard without a slip of tongue) or someone is just flat out dumb enough to let every other person have their account info, than you seriously shouldn't be losing your account in this anyways. Adding redundant passwords like this is just annoying.

I've never used the OTP before. Are we stuck between some stupid choice of constantly having to dig up the new OTP and constantly re-entering passwords just to use probably the most important function in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by MetalDude View Post
    I've never used the OTP before. Are we stuck between some stupid choice of constantly having to dig up the new OTP and constantly re-entering passwords just to use probably the most important function in the game?
    That's what its looking like. Unless of course they don't actually force it on you and just have a "you know you should REALLY do this" message every time you log in or something. Sorta like with one of my archaic junk mail accounts Microsoft tells me needs numbers and capital letters in the password for, but never actually makes me change.

Poor snipers, they will enjoy afking on visiphones even more now, lol.
    Perso...! Wait...wrong game.

so is SEGA sending us a unique password via email? also this doesnt really affect me even though i use premium :S.
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

What a bother

Shout out to the sidewalks for keeping me off the streets but it seems sega wants to change that asap.

Sig by Gama