Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default The purpose of your time in PSO2

I'm curious about this game, but I'm not sure what to think, so I'm wondering:

Why do you log on to PSO2 every day, week, or however frequently you do? What do you come here for?

Well I dunno about everyone else but I play it for entertainment. That's kinda why we play video games right. Work hard during the day, play hard during the night. The cycle of maintaining sanity in a crazy, crazy world.
    Just let me put my arms around you.

Sure, sure, entertainment is pretty standard. But why this, over everything else? Take some unusual game like Dark Souls, people can play it for the sense of accomplishment when they beat something hard, for instance.

How about this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilich View Post
    World peace.
    Me too, but only as a secondary thing.

I play it because I'm very fond of the Phantasy Star series. Ever since PSO, it's been very unique, in terms of MMO gameplay, in which you fight monsters using real-time combat, not to mention the sci-fi genre of the game. Despite being notorious for reskins, some bosses are very interesting, from Vol Opt to Big Varder. PSO2, specifically, feels more real-time than any other game before it. Probably because of the jumping mechanic and the improved dodging ability. Despite being littered with RNG, it's still fun. Look at it this way, guys, if this game was truly RNG: The game, we'd still have misses, even if our weapons landed a direct hit on an enemy. Think about that for a second.
    Ship 02

To dress up my wifus.

In all seriousness sometimes I just like to log on, and beat up some crap. I stopped worrying about leveling when I hit 49 on Braver.

Spoiler!

1. I don't play just one game, I play multiple games to keep the entertainment fresh.

Most people only log in to ogle their female characters.

The game itself is very, very, very poor quality and the entire operation is a big scam. The host company does not care about making the game better at all. You're better off skipping this one.

In regard to your Dark Souls mention, this game has zero difficulty. In fact (tested), you can solo every boss with your eyes closed.

The entire game is played on repeat from level 1+. At cap level you'll be fighting the same monsters and AI that you fought the day you started the game. It's just the numbers that are bigger.

So, you'll be spamming these ridiculously easy and simplistic monsters which offer no excitement or challenge, endlessly (if you can keep yourself from falling asleep) until you get the .00000001% item drop, which doesn't even really have good stats. Oh, and you probably won't ever get it.

I would probably recommend any other game besides PSO2. Try Vindictus, Dragon Nest, or TERA (all superior games) for this type of gameplay.
    Last edited by Rosel; Aug 31, 2013 at 10:25 AM.