Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    i find it stupid you have to be lvl 60 to get the full potential out of hunter as a sub class..... meanwhile gunner you can be lvl 45-50 and be done (unless you add R-atk to use better tmgs then 56) and lvl 48 you ranger is basically done as well.
    hahahahaha
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Sakarisei View Post
    Although we can see some japanese players who can say that PSO2 is the best, the lack of RMTers means that there are near no interesting in the game, but not because they prefer buying AC for some AC clothes.
    I take it you were not around when every single lobby was filled with 900 waeklrjwer5rsr's camping Coffee all day and zap around the place and the account ban count per month gone up to as high as 100k.

Those are all RMT bots. SEGA actually did stuffs to killed that so we can play normally. There's a reason why the Japanese players praised SEGA for their anti-bot measure.

When I hit lvl 60 I'll use my skill tree reset ticket, right, and then.... Get this... I'm gonna play without any skillpoints put into anything. And then, I'll tell you how I feel. After that, I think I'll have much more appreciation for the skill trees. At this point in time, I just work with what I got.

Wow this thread has gotten pretty crazy since the last time I checked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    To be fair, the people who have shops are probably the ones who buys the most clothing. So they're already paying SEGA.
    That's EXACTLY WHAT HE JUST SAID, did you even read the posts above you? I didn't really see this resolved, so I'll clear this up right now.

The F2P model works because many people play for cheap/free, building up a healthy population that will hardly dwindle. These players work as free advertisement for the game, while also giving everyone else more of a reason to play, you know, since there are lots of people to play with. It doesn't matter how much money these people spend. They'll come, they'll go, they'll play entirely for free, or they'll even buy a few knickknacks with real cash. That plays perfectly into Sega's favor.

See, there are a few people playing the game who spend The Big Bucks. They want the best stuff, the coolest stuff, the nicest stuff, they want the fame and the power, they want it all. But the thing is, the best in slot gear can't be bought with AC. The nice looking clothes and accessories are locked behind random item boxes. Is a single costume worth an indefinite amount of AC, possibly over $100? For some, maybe so, but I imagine very few players would buy scratch cards if the items weren't tradeable.

The large population of free players fuels the economy. They give the AC scratch items value. Paying players can turn AC into MST by selling their unwanted items, or even buying scratch cards for the sole purpose of turning it into in-game currency. This then allows the paying players to buy the expensive items on the shops, which wouldn't even be there in the first place without a healthy population.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakarisei View Post
    Unafortunately you're wrong. Their goal is obtaining AC, that's all. If players are trying farming meseta via TACOs AC Clothes, that doesn't mean nothing for SEGA.
    Directly related to the above and no, you're wrong. People farming meseta to buy AC clothes means a lot to Sega. Understatement of the year, right here. The more demand for AC clothes means the more valuable the commodity becomes which means more incentive for people to purchase AC to then sell AC clothes. If free players stopped buying costumes off the shops, paying players would stop selling costumes on the shops, and finally less people would buy AC scratch to begin with, since they could not then sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by AgemFrostMage View Post
    No because let's say you have x amount of money, then you can buy a certain weapon. The price of the weapon goes up, yet your fixed money amount is the same. Now, you can buy gold to make up for it, right? No! The price of gold also goes up, making that method unattractive. With a fixed price your money will always go far and not be mitigated by ingame services becoming practically more expensive. This way money becomes more accessible for the player. Let's say item x sold by an NPC is needed, but it's expensive. If things on the market sell for high prices then everyone benefits as it mitigates the intentionally heavy expense of said NPC item. Goldsellers sell a lot of gold for the dollar, so official source would need to step up its game to compete.
    This can lead to ridiculously skewed prices if they're never adjusted.

Like say you're starting out and 10g is a lot for you. Look up some nice gear in the shops, and the best stuff is all 50g or higher.

There is an in game feature that lets you directly buy gold with cash at a fixed rate of $1 for 10g. Wow, what a deal, I can totally gear myself out for less than $20!

Now as the game progresses, super rare uber gear exists and everyone's been farming the hardest areas for months on end. The current best weapon costs 10,000g, with entry level rares at only a thousand or so per piece. Chump change for anyone who's been playing the game for more than a week.

And yet it costs hundreds of dollars to directly purchase enough gold to barely compete with free players. Suddenly the idea becomes less practical, although some people will still do it.

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    i find it stupid you have to be lvl 60 to get the full potential out of hunter as a sub class..... meanwhile gunner you can be lvl 45-50 and be done (unless you add R-atk to use better tmgs then 56) and lvl 48 you ranger is basically done as well.
    You pretty much have to be 50+ to get the most out of any class... Especially Gunner which has useful skills all the way until lv60 before running out of SP.

But whether it's 1% damage per level or just stats for equipment, they're still meaningful. And Killing Bonus isn't nothing; it certainly helps you keep the damage rolling.

I see the stupids are out in full force on this post.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Directly related to the above and no, you're wrong. People farming meseta to buy AC clothes means a lot to Sega. Understatement of the year, right here. The more demand for AC clothes means the more valuable the commodity becomes which means more incentive for people to purchase AC to then sell AC clothes. If free players stopped buying costumes off the shops, paying players would stop selling costumes on the shops, and finally less people would buy AC scratch to begin with, since they could not then sell them.
    That's a thing that you think (And of course respectable), but that doesn't work of this manner. When Sakai looks at the income of their products, he only see how many money have obtained with his new content without worrying about the interesting of the players.

If customers buy lots of AC content because they want lots of meseta ingame because the interesting of the free players, that's a problem for them, but not for SEGA. Of course, if the game is much focused in clothes than in gameplay, that's the main reason.

That's EXACTLY WHAT HE JUST SAID, did you even read the posts above you? I didn't really see this resolved, so I'll clear this up right now.

The F2P model works because many people play for cheap/free, building up a healthy population that will hardly dwindle. These players work as free advertisement for the game, while also giving everyone else more of a reason to play, you know, since there are lots of people to play with. It doesn't matter how much money these people spend. They'll come, they'll go, they'll play entirely for free, or they'll even buy a few knickknacks with real cash. That plays perfectly into Sega's favor.

See, there are a few people playing the game who spend The Big Bucks. They want the best stuff, the coolest stuff, the nicest stuff, they want the fame and the power, they want it all. But the thing is, the best in slot gear can't be bought with AC. The nice looking clothes and accessories are locked behind random item boxes. Is a single costume worth an indefinite amount of AC, possibly over $100? For some, maybe so, but I imagine very few players would buy scratch cards if the items weren't tradeable.

The large population of free players fuels the economy. They give the AC scratch items value. Paying players can turn AC into MST by selling their unwanted items, or even buying scratch cards for the sole purpose of turning it into in-game currency. This then allows the paying players to buy the expensive items on the shops, which wouldn't even be there in the first place without a healthy population.

This can lead to ridiculously skewed prices if they're never adjusted.

Like say you're starting out and 10g is a lot for you. Look up some nice gear in the shops, and the best stuff is all 50g or higher.

There is an in game feature that lets you directly buy gold with cash at a fixed rate of $1 for 10g. Wow, what a deal, I can totally gear myself out for less than $20!

Now as the game progresses, super rare uber gear exists and everyone's been farming the hardest areas for months on end. The current best weapon costs 10,000g, with entry level rares at only a thousand or so per piece. Chump change for anyone who's been playing the game for more than a week.

And yet it costs hundreds of dollars to directly purchase enough gold to barely compete with free players. Suddenly the idea becomes less practical, although some people will still do it.

You pretty much have to be 50+ to get the most out of any class... Especially Gunner which has useful skills all the way until lv60 before running out of SP.

But whether it's 1% damage per level or just stats for equipment, they're still meaningful. And Killing Bonus isn't nothing; it certainly helps you keep the damage rolling.
    I remember the forge stones some of the mystic forge weapons were even more expensive than precursors. At least in Guild Wars 2 a precursor is guaranteed because of the laws of mathematics and rare nodes can be had in many places even the PvP jumping puzzle. PSO2 needs something like the PvP puzzle but without the PvP (random code clone doesn't count I presume) since PvP balance is more important than PvE and suddenly no one wants wind or ice forces and fighters on their questing runs (traditional PvP classes and skills), but that is for another topic =)

Spoiler!
    Don't dude. It's not worth it. You're better off joining a politics forum and debating there than trying to explain some of these things here. You could explain it perfectly, step for step, with cited sources, and they'd reply with something you shot down in the first paragraph because they didn't even read what you said they just wanted to appear correct on the internet where nobody actually cares whether they're right or not.

This is why I just drop out of threads like this. You explain shit perfectly, and the same dumb fucks decide that reading a post you're replying to is a strictly opt-in activity.