Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Advice Sought: Pros and Cons of Different Subclasses, Force Main

Hello, folks. I've been debating swapping over to playing as a Force for a long time (primarily using Lightning, but others depending on situation, of course), and was wanting some advice regarding a subclass.

To my understanding here are the pros of each subclass under a Force main:

Techer: PP restoration, higher base T-attack attributed to stats, and some support

Fighter: Brave/Wise Stance

Braver: Weak/Average Stance, and increased damage with charged attacks

So I suppose my question is, what are the cons? I was debating Braver as a subclass, because then I could still use Bullet Bows for situational purposes (i.e. hitting specific targets in TACOs are esaier). But I'm open to suggestions and advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoshae View Post
    Hello, folks. I've been debating swapping over to playing as a Force for a long time (primarily using Lightning, but others depending on situation, of course), and was wanting some advice regarding a subclass.

To my understanding here are the pros of each subclass under a Force main:

Techer: PP restoration, higher base T-attack attributed to stats, and some support

Fighter: Brave/Wise Stance

Braver: Weak/Average Stance, and increased damage with charged attacks

So I suppose my question is, what are the cons? I was debating Braver as a subclass, because then I could still use Bullet Bows for situational purposes (i.e. hitting specific targets in TACOs are esaier). But I'm open to suggestions and advice.
    Cons of Techer: Lowest damage output (unless when using dark)

Cons of Fighter: No PP restoration skills, weaker frontal damage vs. Braver.

Cons of Braver: Weak stance is restricted to element weakness and weak points, so it's only good on areas where mobs have a common weakness/easy to hit weak spots.
    You'll need a Fire tree to make the most of this sub. No PP restoration skills. You are forced to triple/quad step to move faster.
    Don't use bows as tools. You'll do far more damage with techs.

EDIT: As for TACOs, the best choice for sub would be /Fi. It gets inconditional damage boosts on any element. If possible, use fire tree too.
    Last edited by Kamekur; Aug 30, 2013 at 02:11 PM.
    -PSO2 JP:
    -Kamekur (taco only) : 70/66/50/0/40/0/70 Fi/Hu - Braver
    -Akane Haruna (dropped):66/31/70/66/0/0/0 Ra/Hu - Gu/Hu
    -Akane Iremi (dropped): 30/49/0/0/70/60/53 Fo/Te - Fo/Fi - Fo/Br
    -茜泉:70/70/75/70/75/75/70/21 not Bo.
    -エリ: 70/45/1/0/1/8/70/1 Br/Hu

I could link to several threads with this kind of discussion.

But to summarize:

Techer: High PP regen, good Wind/Light/Dark damage, low general tech damage.
    Fighter: High general tech damage, knuckle dash, situational PP regen.
    Braver: High weakness tech damage, low general tech damage, no PP regen. Has Step Attack.

Also a Fo/Fi does almost as much damage to enemies weak to Wind/Light/Dark while not targeting their weakness as a Fo/Te does using the "correct" element. And that's only with Brave Stance. But Fo/Te is at least stronger than Fo/Br using Wind/Light/Dark.

So go Fo/Te if you have PP issues or want to use more than one element.
    Use Fo/Fi if you want to use one element in every area.
    Run Fo/Br if you want to use one element in one area. Switch trees or classes for the other areas.

You guys make it sound like going FO/TE is such a bad combo

Fo/Te has to be built for specific elements to do comparable damage per hit next to the others, but they probably have good burst damage thanks to PP convert.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    Fo/Te has to be built for specific elements to do comparable damage per hit next to the others, but they probably have good burst damage thanks to PP convert.
    some people have to have it that way i guess, the way i have my trees built im more above balance with elements i have put skill points into (course i have my element that does higher than everyones average damage). I love my HP so that pp convert is sorta useless to me since i build up my PB so fast, especially during bursts

you can't really say that about bosses though. against bosses you have one PB to use at best and if you're not using pp convert there's no reason to go with techer as a sub. fighter is a much more solid alternative.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Fire FO TE burst damage with pp convert and nafoie is crazy
    FO TE also has territory burst that make zondeel become very effective in almost every AQ

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    You guys make it sound like going FO/TE is such a bad combo
    It isn't. Actually it's the only good combo, made even more apparent with the introduction of Nafoie. People just do FO/FI for big numbers and TAs which dont actually matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    It isn't. Actually it's the only good combo, made even more apparent with the introduction of Nafoie. People just do FO/FI for big numbers and TAs which dont actually matter.
    To be fair, Fo/Fi get's a fair number of PBs due to the quick kills and high damage. I play Fo/Te myself and prefer it, but that doesn't make it "the only choice".
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT