Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Default Highly disappointed in the skill trees. Your thoughts?

Honestly, it's like there isn't even much of a point. Some of them even want you to max them out for what is basically only going to amount to a 1% damage increase at max level. That's 10 of your SP down the tube.

Others aren't even that good. For example, the skill for the Bullet Bow called Rapid Shoot cuts down your attack to instead fire three shots in rapid for every time you attack. Sounds like it could be a good trade off right? Not really considering one of those three shots are only a fourth of the damage. That means 25% * 3 shots equal only a 75% damage. That means this skill makes you actually deal an entire 25% less damage over all. What's even the point? The only way to make it useful is to max it out till each shot does 34% but those three shots only amount to a total of 102% damage. A 2% damage increase? That's it?

tl;dr: All in all the skill trees are highly disappointing. Photon arts? Technics? Mags? All good. Skill trees? Epic fail on Sega's part. Please tell me I'm not the only disappointed here right?

While I do agree with you some skills are just bad, I don't see how you can say the whole skill tree system is a fail.
    Hunter alone has skills that upon maxing out give you 20%+ extra damage. That's only one skill too, stacked with others you're looking at over a 60% increase (I didn't do the math just making a point).
    Braver too has skills like Weak Stance which off the back I can see give a 30% increase.

Don't mean to offend you, but maybe you're just putting your points into the wrong skills?
    Try searching around for skills that are worth it.
    PSO2 JP:
    ニア [F|Deuman] - 50Bo/75Hu (50Fi,40Ra,40Gu)
    雪子 [F|Newman] - 70Fo/50Fe

Skill trees are... fine, for the most part, they just annoy me I think.

One of those games where it feels like you can mess up your entire build so easily, and of course, you can't reset without AC :/

Discuss, plan ahead, and decide what you wanna specialize in with the skill trees is how I look at it. You'd be surprised on how much they can actually help if you invest your points right.
    DJMetals Ship 2
    BR/FI/HU

Rapid shoot is very useful for recovering PP

Yeah there's maybe one or two useful ones in SOME skill trees but not ALL. For example, I'm playing as a Braver and to be honest a lot of those skills are just disappointing. Have friends playing as techers and things, and they only end up getting any use out of just one skill and only when it's maxed out.'

SKILL TREES ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT. You should be getting actual use out of them, not just a few barely tiny boosts. Putting ONE skill point in a skill should give you a 20% damage increase, not maxing it out. I know PSO2 isn't supposed to be like other rpg's but come on this is like RPG 101 basic stuff here. I could literally make a character without using a single skill point and he wouldn't perform much differently than anyone else.

It's more like skill tree subbing serves almost entirely to boost damage and not actually add any real utility to your toolkit. It's incredibly boring and limited.

Skilltrees in this game aren't the same as skilltrees in other games. They're not new bonuses for new things like you might find in other games, they're more just pigeonholed class sub-roles via damage bonuses and little else most of the time. There's a few exceptions, but not nearly as many as plenty of other games (like, say, Borderlands).

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancerRaiko View Post
    I could literally make a character without using a single skill point and he wouldn't perform much differently than anyone else.
    ......have you even played this game? the damage discrepancy would be huge
    | Dextro | Ship 10 | Legion |

Yeah, not gonna lie, the skill trees in this game are pretty bad when it comes to actually offering you much in the way of choices. As it is, there are generally one or two paths that are optimal and everything else is just a waste of time (ranger and hunter are particularly guilty of this).

It wouldn't be so much of an issue if, for example, you could fully invest into one side of the tree and still have points left over to put into something on the other side of the tree.

Nearly everything requiring 10 points kind of pissed me off. There's almost no discrepancies between what's actually worth that much (Fury Stance itself) and the bonuses themselves (which should be 5, honestly).