Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

If that were the case, it's not like it's really hard to falsify software scan logs...nor hard to write an essay of how victimized you feel about such mistake from a corporation and start throwing shenanigans all over the place of how affected you were.
    Perso...! Wait...wrong game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yden View Post
    I was affected but the game was installed on a external drive so my main drive wasn't affected. I lost screenshots and recorded video footage as well as really old work documents on stuff I don't work on anymore (everything there was pretty much backed up online anyways). I may have lost some games that I don't play anymore but yea it was mainly annoying at best for me.
    Same here. I'm really glad I didn't have this installed on my main drive.

As for compensation, you'd think there'd be a way for them to tell who updated during the affected time period at least. My Japanese is limited, but if it means getting some form of compensation out of this as opposed to none, I'm probably gonna give it a shot.

Perhaps they're just relying on peoples good nature to be honest and maybe the Japanese culture is just a more honest one than the west? I seriously have no idea but if this happened where I live there would be fraudulent claims left, right and centre.

Quote Originally Posted by martinmeegan View Post
    Perhaps they're just relying on peoples good nature to be honest and maybe the Japanese culture is just a more honest one than the west? I seriously have no idea but if this happened where I live there would be fraudulent claims left, right and centre.
    I doubt it. They probably have an IP log of the people connected to their patch server at the time and can do some matching up and whatnot.

People are people regardless of where you are, cultural divide or not. I'm sorry, but I don't see people ignoring an oppurtunity for a lot of free currency, especially when there's no reasonable way to prove something happened to you to begin with. That's a LOT of trust being put on someone to make a morally good decision when the morally wrong decision nets you far more in the end with no foreseeable negative repercussions.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenoir View Post
    I doubt it. They probably have an IP log of the people connected to their patch server at the time and can do some matching up and whatnot.
    Yeah, they can tell who connected. What happened on their computer on the other hand, would be hard to tell without illegal things being looked at on our computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Meh. I'm just glad I wasn't among the ones affected by this issue.

But for the record, it's not that hard to reinstall Windows, so it's not like they have to recompense people for their entire PCs.

Actually, the bigger the company, the harder it is to get anything done, since you have to go down the chain of command to do so. The people in the top positions are frequently the ones most out of touch with the common consumer base, hence why they rely so much on marketers, PR workers, etc., etc.
    Yeah. It just seems so stupid though, that they have to go through a chain to post a warning on a website. Bureaucracy sucks.
    "Hey, boss... people are complaining our game is destroying everyone's PCs."
    "It's probably just a joke. There's no way that could happen."
    "Should we consider issuing a warning?"
    "Nah. Get that guy in the back room who is always sleeping to check it out within 24 hours."

8 hours later...

"Why didn't you issue a warning sooner?!"
    "You said not to."
    "Well, do it now."
    "We need to wait for the website guys to get back from dinner."
    "How long is that going to take?"
    "A couple of hours."

Yeah, I can imagine that happening.

And reinstalling Windows doesn't account for whatever data PSO2 may have deleted.
    It didn't only delete Final Fantasy 14 and such, some people lost actual personal data. That kind of stuff is priceless.

I think Japanese being closer knit does mean they expect more people to be somewhat honest, but there's kind of a line like Zyrusticae said where people will do whatever for personal profit.
    People who don't care, won't care full stop. They might also hesitate out of fear because it's easier for them to get screwed if they're busted.
    I mean, they don't have to go through interpol for example.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Sep 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM.

Jokes on them! My hard drive was already broken during this so take that SEGA!

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoir View Post
    How many people from outside Japan was actually affected by this though? I only remember one person here that vocally expressed about his computer problem after the update, but who else?
    I lost about 50+ gigabytes of data nothing important so I didn't really care. What I lost is probably a little amount compared to other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Natsu Nem View Post
    Jokes on them! My hard drive was already broken during this so take that SEGA!
    Likewise Mine started dying the week before...

To anyone complaining that US players probably can't access the compensation: Technically you shouldn't even be logging onto PSO2 anyway as you're violating Terms of Service. Not that the ToS has stopped us logging on, but because of that I doubt any western players affected have a leg to stand on.

To be perfectly honest though, 10,000 AC or 5000 yen is pathetic. I like how if you choose AC you get twice as much; anything to keep the playerbase quiet I guess.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

apparently norton stopped my pso2 from trying to delete stuff from norton itself lmao
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama