Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    He made a pretty strong point and a truthful one and there is no arguing that, the only argument you can make is the one you're making now which is if you want to buy them or not.
    again, its all about whether you want to pay the money or not
    if you have some pretensions to someone about them not willing to pay for some miniscule damage boosts then you have some major issues (if you start saying they aren't miniscule, someone is bound to start saying "pay2win") because you can get by just fine with a lightning fo/fi
    also, pre-emptive deflection: lightning fo/fi isn't the best thing for everything, it works pretty well everywhere though thanks to bolt pp save and if you aren't willing to lash out cash to play out the elemental rock, paper & scissors it's a pretty good pick
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    He made a pretty strong point and a truthful one and there is no arguing that, the only argument you can make is the one you're making now which is if you want to buy them or not.
    Quoting myself on this one I know what you're saying jooz and I see your point of view on this so np.

I know very well about the 20$ which is why I high lighted this just to be clear.

Sig by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    again, its all about whether you want to pay the money or not
    if you have some pretensions to someone about them not willing to pay for some miniscule damage boosts then you have some major issues (if you start saying they aren't miniscule, someone is bound to start saying "pay2win") because you can get by just fine with a lightning fo/fi
    also, pre-emptive deflection: lightning fo/fi isn't the best thing for everything, it works pretty well everywhere though thanks to bolt pp save and if you aren't willing to lash out cash to play out the elemental rock, paper & scissors it's a pretty good pick
    You really don't know much about force and techniques in this game and that's obvious from this post. As I mentioned before, it's not miniscule. Over 40% more damage is quite a big deal. And if you factor in techter's superior PP regen, it ends up being more than that in actual use. Hell, territory burst alone is a huge deal.

Lightning FO/FI is great when the enemies are weak to lightning. Other that that, it is arguably one of the worst setups. This is because you prevent good forces from using zondeel to gather enemies. You would be better off using weak fire techs and running out of PP very often than slowing down the party by activating their zondeels.

Too many people act like they are forced to pick a single class, subclass, element, attack, weapon type, etc. I'm not saying everyone should try to raise and perfect every single class and weapon and everything but you are restricting yourself way too much. Consider branching out a little. Wouldn't it be nice to be good in every area? Wouldn't it be nice to not suck and not slow down your party members the majority of the time?
    Quit PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    You really don't know much about force and techniques in this game and that's obvious from this post. As I mentioned before, it's not miniscule. Over 40% more damage is quite a big deal. And if you factor in techter's superior PP regen, it ends up being more than that in actual use. Hell, territory burst alone is a huge deal.

Lightning FO/FI is great when the enemies are weak to lightning. Other that that, it is arguably one of the worst setups. This is because you prevent good forces from using zondeel to gather enemies. You would be better off using weak fire techs and running out of PP very often than slowing down the party by activating their zondeels.

Too many people act like they are forced to pick a single class, subclass, element, attack, weapon type, etc. I'm not saying everyone should try to raise and perfect every single class and weapon and everything but you are restricting yourself way too much. Consider branching out a little. Wouldn't it be nice to be good in every area? Wouldn't it be nice to not suck and not slow down your party members the majority of the time?
    fire, ice and lightning gain only 20% from having a techer sub
    techer wise, maxing out both pp skills and maxing out elemental weak hit while getting territory burst is impossible for the wind/dark/light trees on a single tree for each element
    tell me now, how is playing lightning fo/fi bad (outside of the zondeel igniting for other players which is SEGA's fault) and how aren't those gains minuscule considering you can't get out all of it never anyway?
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    fire, ice and lightning gain only 20% from having a techer sub
    techer wise, maxing out both pp skills and maxing out elemental weak hit while getting territory burst is impossible for the wind/dark/light trees on a single tree for each element
    tell me now, how is playing lightning fo/fi bad (outside of the zondeel igniting for other players which is SEGA's fault) and how aren't those gains minuscule considering you can't get out all of it never anyway?
    Once again, you have no idea what you are talking about. Pretty much everything in your post is wrong.

For fire, ice and lightning, you get 40% damage boost from force and 20% from techter. You are supposed to have a skill tree for each element, for force and techter. You only need PP convert for fire techs. Everything else is fine with PP Restorate maxed.

Regardless of what you think about other players being able to activate zondeel, that's how the game is. Just because it's possible to do something that harms your party members doesn't mean you should do it. You have no sense of teamwork.

The most important thing when it comes to forces in PSO2 is having multiple skill trees. It makes a huge difference. Calling it miniscule is the farthest thing from the truth. You are a weak and inconsiderate force. Rather than figure out ways to improve yourself, you choose to lie to convince yourself and others that this isn't the case.

Do you use talis? Do you use gunslash to recover PP? I wouldn't be surprised if you restrict yourself even further than what you've already said. You have created many fictional rules that only servce to hold yourself back and you act like they are real. Someone called you a scrub force earlier and they are totally right. If you don't like it, stop making bullshit excuses and improve yourself.
    Quit PSO2

Ramegid is fucking great. I hit 14,000 with it from a Talis. Zondeel everything together and let loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    Ramegid is fucking great. I hit 14,000 with it from a Talis. Zondeel everything together and let loose.
    Sounds like too much setup. Sometimes I see Namegid hit more than one, but actively trying requires two people, and they can just damage themselves. Namegid relies a lot on manual targeting sometimes, and right stick is too sensitive sometimes so mouseover then holding RT work... too bad both mouse and RT are both right hand dependent though can keep controller on my lap then hold down the button with my left index, then use both hands after technique is initiated. Namegid is subpallete skill so clicking wouldn't work for me (most used dark tech is still normal megid).

Ramegid is nice if paired with zondeel, otherwise it misses too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    For fire, ice and lightning, you get 40% damage boost from force and 20% from techter. You are supposed to have a skill tree for each element, for force and techter. You only need PP convert for fire techs. Everything else is fine with PP Restorate maxed.

The most important thing when it comes to forces in PSO2 is having multiple skill trees. It makes a huge difference. Calling it miniscule is the farthest thing from the truth. You are a weak and inconsiderate force. Rather than figure out ways to improve yourself, you choose to lie to convince yourself and others that this isn't the case.

Wouldn't it be nice to not suck and not slow down your party members the majority of the time?
    You talk as if switching between a fire mastery tree and lightning mastery tree gives you a 40% bonus against their respective weaknesses, instead of having only a single tree.

First off:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VE&output=html

Yeah, most enemies take 20% more damage from their weak element, some 30% and a few 50%.

Second off, the actual difference has been calculated quite nicely by UnLucky.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...3&postcount=22

However, having a separate skill tree for ice, wind, and light, and possibly dark, is silly as there is no special bonus like fire's speed charge or lightning's PP save. I like to attribute fire's speed charge to being a 2x damage bonus, because you cast spells twice as fast. This is a burst, though some people are apparently able to sustain it with clever PB and mag usage and obviously PP convert. If anything, this would make fire tree alone mathematically stronger than any other skill tree, if you can manage that kind of thing. I myself haven't tried it, but if UnLucky can confirm with video or I get around to testing it, it blows lightning out of the water even if it's lightning against its elemental weakness because 200% is better than 20%.

And besides that point, with just one skill tree, you can do fine. Fos basically one hit most mobs already anyway, and with 3 other people, things die faster. The 40% bonus you speak of is negligible.

My best example of this is a time I was partying with 3 other Fos in Sub Tunnels AQ. I was using nazan for the 20% damage bonus, which is a lot right? For the entire party that is.

Until one Fo made the statement that they already all die in two hits and that the bonus is really just a waste of a cast. And judging by all our 15+ minute PSE bursts, it is negligible.

Also, Techer, not Techter.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Zondeel + Gi/Ramegid is too much setup?
    What do you guys do these days, just spam zonde everywhere?
    | Dextro | Ship 10 | Legion |

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Yep.

Stupid character limit. Go die in a blazing inferno.