Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Computer

Default Old Computer

So I have this old ass computer. It runs PSO2 without lag but I wanna get a new video card for it just so it can run PSO2 even just a bit better.
    I mean, it doesn't lag, but when there's a lot going on like when people are all gathered in the teleporter and someone casts Shifta that makes me lag. Or when Big Vardha blows up.
    And the stupidest reason why it lags is when people do cut ins with their character's face. Wtf?

I have a really good laptop but I share with my man who also plays PSO2 and he plays much more graphic intensive games, so when he's playing those I'm playing on the desktop.

I was wondering, what is the cheapest, decent video card I can get? Keep in mind this computer is like a 7 year old gaming desktop.

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps4236cc5e.jpg

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps7a344d66.jpg

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

We need the name of your motherboard. Or at least what type of expansion slot it has. PCI, AGPx4/8, PCI-Express 2.0/3.0

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

How much you willing to spend? You can look about here @ NewEgg. I looked at your board and it seems you have an old PCI Express 16x slot.

PCI-Express 16x cards
    PCI-Express 16x 2.0 cards

You might have a PCI-Ex 16x 2.0 slot, but I'm not to sure. If you do have a 2.0 slot, then you'd have more of a selection.
    Last edited by Shinamori; Sep 7, 2013 at 09:14 PM.

It's PCI-e 16x, not a 2.0 slot, also PSO2 is gonna put hard work on that cpu since its at the min so might have to use lowered settings even with a standalone gpu put in.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

That's what I thought. Yea, OP, gonna have choose from the first link. I don't many people still carry 16x cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussei View Post
    And the stupidest reason why it lags is when people do cut ins with their character's face. Wtf?
    Go into PSO2 Chat Settings > Set Shortcut Chat > "Please refrain from using cut-ins as my PC is a pile of $H1T." > Send to Nearby.

Unless you're in the lobby, then the problem should be solved for most MPAs. I generally use cut-ins for my character, so when I play games with people that do have low-end PCs, I tend to disable all of my auto-chats and cut-ins, period. Just notify us, and we'll make the accommodations for you most of the time unless we're already mid-boss fight.

Sega needs to think about including an option to disable cut-ins from appearing, though. That way we no longer run into this constant issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Korazenn View Post
    ... I tend to disable all of my auto-chats and cut-ins, period. Just notify us, and we'll make the accommodations for you most of the time unless we're already mid-boss fight.
    I wish we had more EU/NA players like you. Most of the time, when I ask my AQ party members to turn off their auto-words, I get "stfu, buy a better PC, don't tell me how I should play this game"

That or people telling me to use the option to turn them off. So yea, we really need an option to turn other players' auto-words off (´Д`)

pci-e 2.0 cards should be backward compatible with the original, old 1.0 and from what I understand you'd need to run SLI/Crossfire cards to actually have a real need for pci-e 2.0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Exp...CI_Express_2.0

either way, your pc is terribly old and its time to make it into razors
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

gaming desktop
    Dell

Serious though. If you can maybe salvage the RAM and/or hard drive, do it. But otherwise, yes, time to upgrade. Whole new system. Because lolXP. (GAME SUPPORT? LOLNO.)